HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   HydroxyCut and hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=638832)

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN 05-03-2009 12:26 AM

HydroxyCut and hockey

I recently began taking hydroxycut to lose belly fat. I noticed energy spikes since then and my game is at its peak.
Now HydroxyCut has been recalled. I stopped taking it.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a similar supplement?
Also can I get a refund from HC...I did spend $55 on the pills after all...Thanks

rinkrat22 05-03-2009 09:25 AM

try bodybuilding.com
or netnutri.com
you should be able to find a similar product at these places.

shotty 05-06-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN (Post 19394513)
I recently began taking hydroxycut to lose belly fat. I noticed energy spikes since then and my game is at its peak.
Also can I get a refund from HC...I did spend $55 on the pills after all...Thanks

you can return it to the place of purchase and they will give you a full refund. while you're there, ask for an alternative.

DevsFan84 05-06-2009 10:58 PM

There is this stuff called Redline that you can get from GNC or whatever, it is incredibly strong. Read the label before using, and be careful.

jessebelanger 05-07-2009 12:22 AM

Hydroxycut is going to dehydrate you

Hockey is going to dehydrate you

If you're combining the two, make sure you are drinking A TON of water/gatorade.

kingpest19 05-07-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessebelanger (Post 19456752)

If you're combining the two, make sure you are drinking A TON of water/gatorade.

No matter what he uses its going to dehydrate him. To me its where alot of people have problems with these supplements is they dont get enough fluid in them. You keep hydrated and its going to flush out of the system rather then accumalate. And another thing to not forget is you have to cycle on and off with these products.

What I dont like about the whole hysteria with Hydroxycut right now is how blown out of proportion it is. 23 cases out of how many people using it over how many years? I was taking prescription medication that side effects were tremendously worse than Hydroxycut and thats prescribed every day in doses larger than Hydroxycut.

SyracuseBulldogs* 05-07-2009 12:16 PM

Let's be honest, you don't need those supplements unless you have a health problem messing up your metabolism (and then you should be seeing a doctor). If you want to lose fat (and nothing just focuses on "belly fat" or one particular area, not even specific exercises) you need to eat healthier then you are currently doing and burn more calories then you are taking in. Make sure you are eating the right kinds of fat (never cut out fat entirely as your body needs it) and that you are drastically cutting calories (the body will go into survival mode and hang on to the fat it already has).

Sony Eriksson* 05-07-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN (Post 19394513)

Hydroxycut has been re-released without ephedrine.

My recommendation is to invest in Endorush by BSN. 1 big bottle is 4 servings. Drink half the bottle about 20 minutes before the puck drops and save the rest until next game (keep in the fridge). That will give you all the energy you need and it tastes fantastic.

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN 05-08-2009 01:40 AM

thanks for all the input guys...uch appreciated

BadHammy* 05-08-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuseBulldogs (Post 19460765)
Let's be honest, you don't need those supplements unless you have a health problem messing up your metabolism (and then you should be seeing a doctor). If you want to lose fat (and nothing just focuses on "belly fat" or one particular area, not even specific exercises) you need to eat healthier then you are currently doing and burn more calories then you are taking in. Make sure you are eating the right kinds of fat (never cut out fat entirely as your body needs it) and that you are drastically cutting calories (the body will go into survival mode and hang on to the fat it already has).

I'm happy someone is still using common sense. Stop using unnecessary crap, please. If your life depends on hockey for making a living, I understand to an extent, but I'm guessing it probably doesn't?

WhipNash27 05-08-2009 10:03 AM

Just work out a lot. Strength training grows muscle which burns a lot of calories. HIIT cardio training burns more calories and fat after the workout is finished and doesn't burn off muscle. Of course still mixing in regular cardio is also good. Start with that.

Don't eat junk food. Stay away from beer as much as you can (which I know is very hard). Stop eating saturated fats. Drink between half a gallon and a gallon of water every day (64 oz to 128 oz or 1.89L to 3.79L for you metric guys). Eat a lot of protein. Protein Isolate supplements are fine, that's the one and only supplement that I would ever put in my body.

People never seem to be content with earning these things the hard way.

SyracuseBulldogs* 05-08-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistaWrista (Post 19471430)
I'm happy someone is still using common sense. Stop using unnecessary crap, please. If your life depends on hockey for making a living, I understand to an extent, but I'm guessing it probably doesn't?

You forget this is the "I need it now" generation. I want to shoot harder, what stick will do that. I want to get fitter, what pill will do that. I need new gear how can I make a lot of money today. It goes on and on. It's all about trying to take the easy way instead of good old fashioned hard work.

Hockeyfan68 05-08-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuseBulldogs (Post 19473862)
You forget this is the "I need it now" generation. I want to shoot harder, what stick will do that. I want to get fitter, what pill will do that. I need new gear how can I make a lot of money today. It goes on and on. It's all about trying to take the easy way instead of good old fashioned hard work.

Yep ... I lost 37 lbs by not eating junk food. NO fast food NO high calorie garbage. I also cut out most beef, pasta and potatoes and made sure I ate some carbos like bread and some rice once in a while since you need carbohydrates.

I eat a lot of baked chicken, fresh veggies (not that canned salty crap, I cook it from raw frozen).

You can't starve yourself as you've pointed out, it doesn't work. I changed my diet that was all, no chocolates, chips, soda pop etc etc

I started in November 2008 and leveled off at losing 37 lbs and have been the same weight now for a couple of months with no changes eating plenty to be full.

The process took about 5 months or so .... people need to remember that it takes time to get fat and it takes time to lose it. ANY quick weight loss diet program is tremendously bad for you as are the ones that do not include exercise with the diet.

Playing a lot of ice hockey like I do certainly was my exercise I needed.

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN 05-10-2009 07:32 PM

Some of you guys are missing the point here. I am not taking these supplements and sitting on the couch. I'm in the gym at least 4 times a week and skating at least 2 times all while working.
Do you think that guys who play minor and pro hockey just work out without taking any supplements? I doubt it.

FelixPotvin 05-10-2009 10:14 PM

Great advice above on skipping these kinds of supplements. I'm not a big fan at all and even the newly released version will never make its way into my body.

If you're dead set on losing fat, train hard and up your protein intake. Your body can't store protein as fat, so you'll be getting your calories without the risk of them being stored as fat (although your body is extremely adept at getting around things like that to keep itself in the balance it needs to be in). Protein is also an appetite suppressant.

Also remember that dehydrating your body just makes it desperate to store water. Dehydrating yourself can actually cause you to puff up a bit.

Have an extra shake each day, pound water and train hard. You won't need those freaky fat loss supplements.

FelixPotvin 05-10-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN (Post 19508232)
Some of you guys are missing the point here. I am not taking these supplements and sitting on the couch. I'm in the gym at least 4 times a week and skating at least 2 times all while working.
Do you think that guys who play minor and pro hockey just work out without taking any supplements? I doubt it.

Hydroxycut isn't going to make you a better hockey player. Hydroxycut is something the vast majority of people who use it take for aesthetic purposes because they want to look ripped and they want to look ripped quick.

If training for performance is actually your goal, as it is with the guys who play minor pro and pro, then skip the hydroxycut. There are healthier ways to lose fat and if you're actually in the gym and on the ice 6 times a week, then that training combined with eating healthy sounds to me like a great way to shed that fat.

noobman 05-11-2009 04:08 PM

You're an athlete my friend... start training like one!

The worst thing you could do as a hockey player is try to train like a bodybuilder by building bulky and useless muscle mass while artificially losing body fat.

You may look good (if that's the look you really want) but your insides will be damaged.

What you *really* need is a strict exercise routine with a clean diet (minimize junk, control carbohydrate intake) and a protein supplement.

mikeylikey 05-11-2009 05:16 PM

Redline RTD FTW!

I drink it before I go on a run, or an hour before a game. For me, the energy level is insane, and my focus is much better during a game.

iamjs 05-11-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessebelanger (Post 19456752)

this covers it.

SyracuseBulldogs* 05-12-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

1) If you are working out that much and still need to lose fat then you should be looking at your diet, not at some quick fix that is not going to help you lose fat in a specific area.

2) So if a pro does it then it is ok? Are you going to start doing cocaine? Get an eating disorder? Steroids? EPO? HGH?

3) Stop making excuses.

noobman 05-12-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Half of the guys in my rec league admittedly have or currently do take steroids. That doesn't mean that I'm going to go do it too. I mean yeah it sucks being 6'2 and getting thrown around like a ragdoll, but that's not the point. It's bad for you.

Cut the supplements and stick to vitamins + protein