HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tuesday Night Games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63886)

Pontifex Maximus* 03-21-2004 02:47 PM

Tuesday Night Games

With Tampa losing to the Islanders today, Tuesday could be the day the Flyers takes the conference lead. Both teams have played 76 games with the Bolts up 1 point. Flyers take on Carolina while Tampa plays Toronto. If everything goes right we'll be at the top of the east Wednesday morning.

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-21-2004 03:13 PM

We might also be in the position to root for the Devils when they play Tampa Bay later in the week.

capn89* 03-21-2004 05:21 PM

Everything is getting so sketchy... You see... if we finish #1, we'll MOST LIKELY play the Isles... but if we happen to slip and finish 2nd, which in hindsight wouldn't seem so bad, there's a chance the Devils could slip into 7th and we'd play them... Now, I'm not deathly afraid of New Jersey, but I'd rather have an easier first round opponent and leave the rest of the punks to beat up on each other. If 7 is montreal, then I won't feel to bad about 2nd seed... but right now, if you want the best trip in the playoffs, go for #1 and play New York, that's all there is to it.

Gert B Frobe 03-21-2004 07:18 PM

Here's a look at what's left...

Boston Ottowa Devils
95 (7) 93 (7) 90 (6)
Ottowa @Bruins @Florida
Toronto @Montreal @Tampa
Montreal @Toronto @Atlanta
@Carolina @Tampa NYI
Washington @Florida NYR
Jersey @Philly @Boston
@Jersey Toronto Boston

Tampa Bay Flyers Montreal
97 (6) 96 (6) 90 (6)
@Toronto @Carolina @Buffalo
Devils NYI Ottowa
Washington NYR @Boston
Ottowa @Montreal @NYI
Florida Ottowa Philadelphia
Atlanta @NYI Buffalo

Looks like Tampa might have it the best and Ottowa has a lot of tough road games...

Thoughts?

Gert B Frobe 03-21-2004 07:19 PM

All that typing for ... ugh

FlyersFan 03-21-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers
All that typing for ... ugh

i got it, Mountaineers. i'd say boston has the worst schedule, followed by ottawa.
i like our schedule, but the devils' isn't too bad either.

FlyersGuy69 03-21-2004 07:56 PM

I think that Tampa has lost 4 out of they're last 5. let's hope that the boys can take advantage of this situation.

GoneFullHextall 03-22-2004 01:15 AM

btw its
OTTAWA
LOL

Teezax 03-22-2004 08:10 AM

Tampa's got a couple of division games left which is good for us. Those tend to be the hardest physical battles. We're hoping for Luongo to stone them and Atlanta to pull another Miracle on Ice.

Pantokrator 03-23-2004 06:30 AM

I just read that Burke is in goal tonight against the Canes. Guess I should chalk this game up as a loss. Instead of using this as an opportunity to get 2 points, the Flyers will flounder them away because of Burke.

donelikedinner 03-23-2004 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantokrator
I just read that Burke is in goal tonight against the Canes. Guess I should chalk this game up as a loss. Instead of using this as an opportunity to get 2 points, the Flyers will flounder them away because of Burke.

burke will likely get 1 more game before the playoffs start. even a stump like burke needs game play in case theres a problem with esche. don't sweat it, esche will start the playoffs and burke will end up with a severe case of "posterieur pine rot" while watching the playoffs. :joker: