HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Marc Crawford interested in head coaching (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=639337)

DiXEN8 05-04-2009 06:04 PM

Marc Crawford interested in head coaching

what you guys think?
All I know from him is the controversy with Bertuzzi/Moore hehe

source: www.rds.ca

Coldplay 05-04-2009 06:09 PM

**** Please No.

peperebougon* 05-04-2009 06:13 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please god NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Tricolore 05-04-2009 06:13 PM

Pierre McGuire talked to the Wild about becoming a GM... how about we lure him over here to be a coach? :D

Playoff Beard 05-04-2009 06:14 PM

I hope Gainey is not interested in hiring him.

Dark4ng3l 05-04-2009 06:16 PM

I can't stand his horrible voice I don't want to have to listen to his press conferences all the time :cry:

LesCanadiensSontLà 05-04-2009 06:19 PM

Is there something Crawford did to make you guys react that way??
Would'nt he be a good fit in Montreal? I don't really know him, just asking...

HH 05-04-2009 06:23 PM

Why are people so down on Marc Crawford?

Stiffler 05-04-2009 06:25 PM

I for one am leaning on the other side, I like that. Always been a fan of the early 2000s Canucks, I think he is a very good coach, with tons of NHL experience. I have reactions like this when Roy's name is mentioned! :shakehead

RE-HABS 05-04-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 19416478)

Horrible coach with young players, why do you think the Kings got rid of him!

I would rather go with a young coach with success in the CHL and/or AHL like Pens and Sens have went on to do.

HH 05-04-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19416530)

I would rather go with a young coach with success in the CHL and/or AHL like Pens and Sens have went on to do.

Didn't he win the Cup in 1995 and 1996 with a young team? Jack Adams to boot.

HH 05-04-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 19416599)

He only won in 1996 but was first in 1995.

Em Ancien 05-04-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19416530)

Uh, he turned Naslund and Bertuzzi into All-stars. Deadmarsh and Forsberg also flourished under him.

People who rip on Crawford have no idea what they're talking about. He's the best vet coach available.

HH 05-04-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 (Post 19416668)
Uh, he turned Naslund and Bertuzzi into All-stars.

People who rip on Crawford have no idea what they're talking about. He's the best vet coach available.

Don't forget he took a young Nords team and made them finish 1st and the next year as the Avs, they won the Cup. LA is still sucking 2 years after he left.

All-Star 05-04-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 19416478)

They hate him because they believe he had a part in the Bertuzzi incident. I think he could be a fine coach. I believe that every coach the Habs have had since Tremblay (I really have a hate on for him.) did a fine job with what they had to work with, so take my opinion for what its worth...

RE-HABS 05-04-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 19416599)

That team had some young players like Deadmarsh and Forsberg, but Sakic was 26 entering his prime and they had veteran players like Roy, Lemieux and Keane on that team as well for leadership and past cup champs as well.

Without Roy we would never mention the Avalanche of ever winning the Cup, or Crawford being a coach of a Cup winner.

peperebougon* 05-04-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star (Post 19416755)
They hate him because they believe he had a part in the Bertuzzi incident. I think he could be a fine coach. I believe that every coach the Habs have had since Tremblay (I really have a hate on for him.) did a fine job with what they had to work with, so take my opinion for what its worth...

You can read in other peoples' minds?

Em Ancien 05-04-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Joining Vancouver in the midst of a rebuilding period for the franchise, Crawford slowly developed the Canucks into a successful regular season team, playing a fast-paced and offensively emphasized style of play. After one-and-a-half seasons, Crawford led Vancouver back to the playoffs, however, was defeated in the first round by his former team, Colorado.

In 2002–03, Vancouver continued to improve under Crawford and posted a franchise record (since surpassed) of 104 points. The following season, they took the Northwest Division title from the Avalanche, who had won the previous nine division titles (inclusive of the Pacific Division prior to division restructuring, and the year before the move to Colorado as the Quebec Nordiques). Despite Vancouver's regular season success, they failed to make any significant playoff runs and, compounded by the Canucks' failure to make the postseason in 2005–06, Crawford was let go by management on April 25, 2006, and replaced by Alain Vigneault.

In six-and-a-half seasons' work with the Canucks, Crawford marked himself as the longest-serving and winningest head coach in franchise history, coaching 529 games and 246 wins. On February 3, 2006, one of his last games in Vancouver, he also became the third-youngest head coach in NHL history to reach 400 wins. At 44 years and 335 days, this mark trails only Scotty Bowman and Glen Sather — both NHL legends.

Nuff said. Haters are haters.

marc88 05-04-2009 06:36 PM

i'm not in favor of him either but if you look at his stats LA is the only place where he failed..he enjoyed much success in colorado and vancouver

HH 05-04-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19416807)
That team had some young players like Deadmarsh and Forsberg, but Sakic was 26 entering his prime and they had veteran players like Roy, Lemieux and Keane on that team as well for leadership and past cup champs as well.

Without Roy we would never mention the Avalanche of ever winning the Cup, or Crawford being a coach of a Cup winner.

Every team needs a great goalie to win, so it's not just Crawford. You can compare players like Deadmarsh and Forsberg to guys like Kopitar with LA. Yet LA is still sucking, why? He left 2 years ago...we are still waiting.

All-Star 05-04-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peperebougon (Post 19416849)
You can read in other peoples' minds?

No, but I've been reading other people's posts consistently since the incident, haven't you?

Iwishihadacup 05-04-2009 06:58 PM

http://rsaetampes.free.fr/fiches/DEC...RTANCE%201.pdf

Stiffler 05-04-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc88 (Post 19416861)
i'm not in favor of him either but if you look at his stats LA is the only place where he failed..he enjoyed much success in colorado and vancouver

And no one succeeded in LA since him, so it is very hard to fault him on that.

LyricalLyricist 05-04-2009 07:15 PM

Marc Crawford looking for job.

Schooner Guy 05-04-2009 07:20 PM

Given the limited pool we have to select from (due to language issue), I have no problem with Marc Crawford. A Stanley Cup championship, a Jack Adams trophy, he was selected as Team Canada's coach in Nagano Olympics in 1998 (I know Canada lost in semi-finals but Hasek was amazing), and Crawford did a great job resurrecting the Saint John's Maple Leafs in the AHL before he became coach of the very young Quebec Nordiques.

Crow has a ton of experience and has always been liked by his players. Also, Crow usually employs an attacking offense. He also likely has a good relationship with Gainey....Gainey and Bobby Clark were GM's of Team Canada at Nagano. He's respected throughout hockey. He's a much better choice than Hartley or Therrien in my opinion.