HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sutter gets 2, Oliwa 3, Trotz none. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63947)

PredsFan77* 03-21-2004 07:21 PM

Sutter gets 2, Oliwa 3, Trotz none.

Viva Trotzky!!

Even after vowing "revenge" Trotz gets nothing... :joker:

barrytrotzsneck 03-21-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Viva Trotzky!!

Even after vowing "revenge" Trotz gets nothing... :joker:

that's hilarious. i love it. if for nothing else, it's more salt in the ol' wound.

:yo: :handclap: :bow:

hillbilly 03-21-2004 08:01 PM

can you post the article, all I get from the link is a canada map

barrytrotzsneck 03-21-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
can you post the article, all I get from the link is a canada map

no, he can't. it's against copyright rules, and HF forbids it. on the map of canada, you just have to click on a portion of the map.

dulzhok 03-21-2004 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Sutter has a very strong resemblance to Sloth from Goonies.

"Hey you gu-ys!"

barrytrotzsneck 03-21-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Sutter has a very strong resemblance to Sloth from Goonies.

haha, that's what my dad said as we watched the game, last night. it's the ears.

jstreet 03-21-2004 08:56 PM

2 games isn't a big deal., but Im glad that the NHL did take some action.

SmokeyClause 03-22-2004 07:56 AM

Gee, I wonder why the NHL suspended him...

''There was nobody sent out. ... It was just to make sure that nothing did happen,'' said Sutter, who, as home coach, was allowed the last shift change. ''I knew we were down a man. There was no intent there. That's garbage. I have never done that ever in my career and I'd never do it. That's bull. I'm not talking no more about it.''

Somehow, I think this explanation didn't satisfy the NHL and Campbell. "Yeah, I sent out my biggest baddest players (who weren't ejected) against a regular forward line of the Predators. I was just making sure Johnson didn't jump Oliwa." He's as dumb as that last line. He's not talking no more about it? Was that Iverson making that comment or Sutter?

Jarnberg 03-22-2004 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok

"Hey you gu-ys!"

Lol, I thought the same thing...

Oh look, a new avatar...

HellsBells 03-22-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Gee, I wonder why the NHL suspended him...

''There was nobody sent out. ... It was just to make sure that nothing did happen,'' said Sutter, who, as home coach, was allowed the last shift change. ''I knew we were down a man. There was no intent there. That's garbage. I have never done that ever in my career and I'd never do it. That's bull. I'm not talking no more about it.''

Somehow, I think this explanation didn't satisfy the NHL and Campbell. "Yeah, I sent out my biggest baddest players (who weren't ejected) against a regular forward line of the Predators. I was just making sure Johnson didn't jump Oliwa." He's as dumb as that last line. He's not talking no more about it? Was that Iverson making that comment or Sutter?

Do you guys always have to be such jerks ?? Just let it go, there is certainly no need for making fun of Sutter's appearance, especially with a mug like Trotz' on your bench. I'm going to enjoy seeing the Preds miss the playoffs, I can't wait.

Ban me if you want, I won't miss anything. Especially when people that know nothing about hockey are allowed to moderate these boards....it's amusing to say the least.

It's nice to know that moderators can also make statements about "team jerk off sessions" and then delete them because they are jealous of people talking about the Flames. Classy move, real classy !!

Flames : 86 PTS
Nashville : 82 PTS

Flames : 38 W
Nashville: 34 W

Tootoo, forget the scoreboard, look at the standings buddy, that matters quite a bit more at this time of the year,but I suppose Tootoo's more worried about the fishing season coming up than anything else.

triggrman 03-22-2004 10:28 AM

Season's not over yet and our remaining schedule is easier, 4 points not that big of a deal. I know took the season series from Calgary.

HellsBells 03-22-2004 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Season's not over yet and our remaining schedule is easier, 4 points not that big of a deal. I know took the season series from Calgary.

You need to make up 5 PTS on us, we hold the tie breaker. :D

triggrman 03-22-2004 10:36 AM

Whatever makes you sleep better

Basher 03-22-2004 11:11 AM

mr. sutter....sorry we made fun of your ugly deformed movie character freak looking face, truly, we are sorry.

barrytrotzsneck 03-22-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Lol, I thought the same thing...

Oh look, a new avatar...

:joker: :yo: :lol:

barrytrotzsneck 03-22-2004 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield

It's nice to know that moderators can also make statements about "team jerk off sessions" and then delete them because they are jealous of people talking about the Flames. Classy move, real classy !!

no, i deleted the comment because i made it out of annoyance, and ended up having it misconstrued completely. when i saw that everyone was taking it the wrong way, i deleted it...rather than cause an uproar. and for the record, the thread was about the Habs, not the flames. i got annoyed because every five minutes, there's a new thread on the main board...for Habs fans, by Habs fans. "The habs are on fire!" "Michael Ryder Dominates!" "Habs are a cup favorite!"
i think it's one thing if say...a fan of another team makes comments like that. however, i think it's tacky when a fan of that team does it. but you're right, it would have been "classier" just to agree.

Jarnberg 03-22-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Do you guys always have to be such jerks ?? Just let it go, there is certainly no need for making fun of Sutter's appearance, especially with a mug like Trotz' on your bench. I'm going to enjoy seeing the Preds miss the playoffs, I can't wait.

Ban me if you want, I won't miss anything. Especially when people that know nothing about hockey are allowed to moderate these boards....it's amusing to say the least.

Flames : 86 PTS
Nashville : 82 PTS

Flames : 38 W
Nashville: 34 W

Tootoo, forget the scoreboard, look at the standings buddy, that matters quite a bit more at this time of the year,but I suppose Tootoo's more worried about the fishing season coming up than anything else.

But Zoidberg's avatar is ok?

Also, who says I'm making fun of his face, he acts like Sloth too....

darth5 03-22-2004 11:56 AM

What exactly makes some fans so arrogant and intolerant? This used to be a fun place to chat about hockey-- there were only a couple of teams whose fans went over the top in their 'we rule, the others drool' attitude. And you could ignore those few posters. There were light-hearted jabs of course, and usually some disagreement over who started something, but you didn't have fans spouting fiction to 'justify' the actions of their team, players, or coaches, and generally insulting the intelligence and ancestry of other fans.

crossxcheck 03-22-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnrocketman
What exactly makes some fans so arrogant and intolerant? This used to be a fun place to chat about hockey-- there were only a couple of teams whose fans went over the top in their 'we rule, the others drool' attitude. And you could ignore those few posters. There were light-hearted jabs of course, and usually some disagreement over who started something, but you didn't have fans spouting fiction to 'justify' the actions of their team, players, or coaches, and generally insulting the intelligence and ancestry of other fans.

I fear we'll never escape the "you're from the south and know nothing about hockey" attitude from some people. I find it amusing, personally.

I'm not going to turn this into a pissing match on my part, because I don't care about calgary. Not worth my time to say who has more wins, who won the series, whose players are tougher, or whatever. I like to watch the Preds play and when some other team makes a classless move and "jumps" our team for no apparent reason, then you're durn right I'll say something.

Anyways, I can't wait until tomorrow!

Enoch 03-22-2004 01:11 PM

At least we do not blatantly lie in our posts, and try to shift the blame. I go to the NHL forums and find certain posters completely making things up and adding lies to their story. To top it off, they are dodging the blame that their franchise should take, and ridiculing ours simply because we were the opposing team. Pathetic....and the comments based on our region are lame as well, especially considering where they are from.

We aren't the cleanest team, but we sure aren't as dirty as quite a few teams out there. We may have a lot of fighting majors, but that is simply because our players don't take bs to their teammates.......they drop the gloves. Because of that , we watch countless teams turtle or refuse to go. *Calgary refused twice just last night to take responsibility for their actions*.

jstreet 03-22-2004 01:22 PM

let it be known that we are also the first people to comment on Trotzy's bullfrog-like appearance :D

HughJass* 03-22-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Who are you, Sutter's son? Why take it so personal? Just some poking at your team; expect it, you are in a heated playoff battle. It's all in fun :P

Speaking of that: Sloth vs. Bullfrog....just too much :joker:

I'm surprised Oliwa got 3 games. He was basically doing what Sutter wanted him to do. The NHL is letting news outlets dictate how players like Oliwa should play? If we are going that route, you have to wonder how much longer players like Oliwa will be in this league :dunno:

Btw, I caught the final faceoff when I was flipping channels during commercials during the Dave Chappelle Show. Who doesn't love good hockey melee's?

barrytrotzsneck 03-22-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHurricane16
Who are you, Sutter's son? Why take it so personal? Just some poking at your team; expect it, you are in a heated playoff battle. It's all in fun :P

Speaking of that: Sloth vs. Bullfrog....just too much :joker:

I'm surprised Oliwa got 3 games. He was basically doing what Sutter wanted him to do. The NHL is letting news outlets dictate how players like Oliwa should play? If we are going that route, you have to wonder how much longer players like Oliwa will be in this league :dunno:

Btw, I caught the final faceoff when I was flipping channels during commercials during the Dave Chappelle Show. Who doesn't love good hockey melee's?

he got three games for abuse of an official. it's an automatic thing.

Olaf 03-22-2004 02:04 PM

Trying to talk reasonably with a Flames fan on this issue is mute, it is like trying to explain Picasso to a blind man.

SmokeyClause 03-22-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf
Trying to talk reasonably with a Flames fan on this issue is mute, it is like trying to explain Picasso to a blind man.

I wouldn't go that far. Several flames fans have been on our side throughout this battle. Sadly, those that are against you make a lot more noise than those on your side.