HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OT: Around Hockey III (All Non-Jackets related NHL/Hockey Talk in here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=639573)

Samkow 05-05-2009 12:23 PM

Around Hockey III (All Non-Jackets related NHL/Hockey Talk in here)

In before the open.

Skraut 05-05-2009 01:10 PM

I heard other teams are still playing games. Is this true?

Moo 05-05-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 19426450)
In before the open.

In before the new thread smell wears off.

Anyways, I hope the Ducks can take the next two games at home. I'd love to see them with a 3-1 series lead. I don't think Detroit could come back from it. They're not an 8-seed; they're a top four team disguised as an 8.

BZArcher 05-06-2009 12:06 AM

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...ress&type=lgns

Coyotes file Chapter 11.

Guess who's got a bid in to purchase the team and move them to the Southern Ontario area?

Here we go again...

Timeless Winter 05-06-2009 01:11 AM

Suck it Wings, nice to finally see a call go against them, first time it's happened this season.

3 goals = chili 05-06-2009 01:13 AM

its a sucky thing for a bad call like that to happen...but nice to know that it doesnt always happen to us

Moo 05-06-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 19438456)
Suck it Wings, nice to finally see a call go against them, first time it's happened this season.

I don't wish for calls to go against anyone. I want a FAIR game.

But that said, for curiosity's sake, I'd like to see what the Wings fans say now after we were upset with the too many men call.

3 goals = chili 05-06-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Moo (Post 19438742)
I don't wish for calls to go against anyone. I want a FAIR game.

But that said, for curiosity's sake, I'd like to see what the Wings fans say now after we were upset with the too many men call.

moo i think they're taking it rather well...take this gentleman

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooX (Post 19438784)
Hosed with a giant DoucheNozzle.

The puck was turned over by the *ucks at the side of the net, a quick shot had it travelling along the side of the net and coming to rest wide open at the left side on the line. A quick tap in with a diving *uck trying to prevent it and it should be a Red Wings goal. Except Watson, the DoucheNozzle, was coming from the far corner "loses sight of it" and starts to blow the play dead before he gets a good look.

I hate my hockey life right now.

Moo 05-06-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 goals = chili (Post 19438830)
moo i think they're taking it rather well...take this gentleman

Interesting post.

By the way I got told that our too many men and their whistled-off goal tonight were two different scenarios and not comparable.

That's how they spin it anyway. But I said Karma is a b-word and she's visiting Detroit right now.

Jovavic 05-06-2009 07:31 AM

The thread on the playoff has the youtube of the clip, I find it funny that the Ducks first played Machinehead and then Woman.

As far as getting screwed, oh well, sorry about your luck.

puckgoalnet 05-06-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Moo (Post 19440127)
Interesting post.

By the way I got told that our too many men and their whistled-off goal tonight were two different scenarios and not comparable.

That's how they spin it anyway. But I said Karma is a b-word and she's visiting Detroit right now.

We should all log into the Det Free Press site and comment on it. We can just say "The ref did what he was taught, call it dead if you lose site of the puck. If he doesn't make that call, how could he ever live with himself?"

Robert 05-06-2009 07:55 AM

Hiller is the guy that has me impressed. His .955 Sv% in the playoffs is hard to beat. At 27 his experience in Sweden is proving effective in the NHL.. He was stellar last night taking over 40 shots.

He's quick and focused.

JACKETfan 05-06-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 19438456)

I'm a well-known Wangs despiser, but that whistled "no goal" last night was a travesty.

This game is TOO FAST, the pads are too big, and some games are TOO IMPORTANT for the old "Because I can't see the puck therefore it must be under the goalie so I'll blow the whistle" rule.

In the playoffs, it should be reviewable. I understand that the opposing team will say they 'stopped defending' when they heard the whistle, but that's easy to cure: the refs should NOT use their whistles so quickly, and rather, if after review it can be shown that the goalie DID have the puck under his control and was illegally dug into, then it should be disallowed.

1857 Howitzer 05-06-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Interesting post.

:laugh: Just tell them to suck it and add a good Go Ducks at the end.

anteater90 05-06-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKETfan (Post 19440886)
I'm a well-known Wangs despiser, but that whistled "no goal" last night was a travesty.

This game is TOO FAST, the pads are too big, and some games are TOO IMPORTANT for the old "Because I can't see the puck therefore it must be under the goalie so I'll blow the whistle" rule.

In the playoffs, it should be reviewable. I understand that the opposing team will say they 'stopped defending' when they heard the whistle, but that's easy to cure: the refs should NOT use their whistles so quickly, and rather, if after review it can be shown that the goalie DID have the puck under his control and was illegally dug into, then it should be disallowed.

I also hate this rule. Last night the puck was actually in the net before the whistle sounded. That is the play I want reviewable. The players I agree stop on the whistle, or the flames and music if it is Calgary, so it should be reiviewable if the goal is in before the whistle.

1857 Howitzer 05-06-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZArcher (Post 19437289)
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...ress&type=lgns

Coyotes file Chapter 11.

Guess who's got a bid in to purchase the team and move them to the Southern Ontario area?

Here we go again...

Not saying its right, but that would be good from a Jackets point of view for them to be moved to the Ontario area. One less west coast team = less travel for the Jackets.

blahblah 05-06-2009 09:32 AM

Live by the rules, die by the rules. Sucky way to end the game. The difference is they live to play another game, so anything can happen.

Not going to bother going over there, I didn't like it when their jerks came over here to twist the knife.

Haven't looked. How bad was the elbow to the head? Bad enough to give Holmstrom a night off?

Skraut 05-06-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer (Post 19441285)
Not saying its right, but that would be good from a Jackets point of view for them to be moved to the Ontario area. One less west coast team = less travel for the Jackets.

I'd rather a couple teams go west and we go east. But that doesn't look like it'll happen, so might as well.

Double-Shift Lassť 05-06-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Well in many respects they are two different scenarios. What makes them comparable is that an over-eager official called a halt to play when he shouldn't have. In that respect, they are exactly the same and I have no sympathy for the Wings or their fans. Truth is, when a Wings fan tells you the situations aren't comparable, they're telling you "one worked in my team's favor and the other worked against us." Objectivity hello?

There. All that said, anteater is right that the puck beat the whistle, thus negating even the potential Ducks counter of "we stopped playing when the whistle blew." Seems like what happened is the ref had decided to blow the whistle and play stopped in his mind when he made the decision not when he actually called the play dead.

CBJSprague24 05-06-2009 10:36 AM

My hockey fan opinion- Quick whistle. Wings got robbed. It's clear that the puck was in before the whistle. And it's not the first time I've seen that this playoffs, this round even (play was blown dead in a CHI/VAN game when Kane was playing the puck behind the net because the ref thought Luongo had it).

I went to bed before the 3rd period. Did they try and use the "dead in my head" rule to justify anything there?

Karma opinion(?)- Ducks got screwed on a review against us in December. Makeup crappy call? ;)

Marian Hossa hater opinion- Suck on that, Marian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 19441406)
Haven't looked. How bad was the elbow to the head? Bad enough to give Holmstrom a night off?

I wondered why he wasn't in the box after the elbow, personally.

puckgoalnet 05-06-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 19441406)
Live by the rules, die by the rules. Sucky way to end the game. The difference is they live to play another game, so anything can happen.

Not going to bother going over there, I didn't like it when their jerks came over here to twist the knife.

"Live by the rules, die by them" is how I feel. Stupid that's how it works, but I think every team gets screwed by the quick whistle a few times a year.

The elbow to the head was bad. The puck to the ribs put him in the hospital, but the elbow to the chops should have been called. When he was on the stretcher, he was spitting blood (which was from the elbow). No call = PP goal for the Wings.

Karma?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 05-06-2009 11:06 AM

The refs are the screw-ups, not the Wings. Shouldn't they be the ones suffering karma? Just saying.

Maybe they'll miss their flight or have bad service at Morton's or something.

CBJSprague24 05-06-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe (Post 19442341)
The refs are the screw-ups, not the Wings. Shouldn't they be the ones suffering karma? Just saying.

Maybe they'll miss their flight or have bad service at Morton's or something.

Better not visit Cheli's Chili when they get back to Detroit, eh? :laugh:

1857 Howitzer 05-06-2009 12:26 PM

I love this quote and I love the pain they are feeling. Does that make me a bad person?:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroedingers Cat (Post 19442640)
At this point it's so obvious the league is controlling the outcome of these games that it's not even doubtful.

The fact that the Wings are getting more, or even close to the same amount of, penalties that Anaheim is getting is sickening.

The NHL wants to see hockey in California succeed. I bet Bettman cried his eyes out when Anaheim had to play San Jose in the first round.

I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the last two games of the series at this point.

Viqsi 05-06-2009 12:34 PM

Y'know, I'm getting more and more convinced that I just can't want a team to win in the playoffs, no matter what.

Last year it was "anybody but Detroit; screw 'em."
The year before that it was "just beat the Ducks; that's all I care about."
The year before that, I wasn't paying close attention but rather liked the whole Oilers story.

If present trends continue, I think I may have to become a Nashville fan. Then the Jackets could win the Cup. :eek:

(On the other hand, if this continues, then about a week from now I can turn around and say "see? this is why I rooted for the Wings; it was deliberate manipulation of a curse! love me!" ;) )