HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Experts-Blah blah blah! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=63962)

Mooch 03-21-2004 08:55 PM

Experts-Blah blah blah!
 
There so unpredictable, who agrees?

They predicted habs-

12th or 13th in east, but as of now were tied for 6th, Muhahahahahhhaha


It feels great, to make doubters eat their own words :yo:

HF-Addict 03-21-2004 09:00 PM

I thought the Habs would fight for the bottom places =/

:dunno: But Hey, I'm no expert :joker: :teach: :rolly:

Feel good to see the Habs that high :handclap:

Mooch 03-21-2004 09:06 PM

LOL! so did i, but its always worse when you hear experts say it!

Traitor8 03-21-2004 09:06 PM

Look I know a lot of you will say..ya right "you really did predict that..(roll eyes) " but it's true...In the begining of the year, I said Habs 6th in the East with Ribeiro scoring 60 pts...15 g and 45 a ...those were my standings:

1-Philadelphia
2-Ottawa
3-Washington
4-New Jersey
5-New York Rangers
6-Montreal
7-Toronto
8-New York Islanders
9- Boston

Mooch 03-21-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Look I know a lot of you will say..ya right "you really did predict that..(roll eyes) " but it's true...In the begining of the year, I said Habs 6th in the East with Ribeiro scoring 60 pts...15 g and 45 a ...those were my standings:

1-Philadelphia
2-Ottawa
3-Washington
4-New Jersey
5-New York Rangers
6-Montreal
7-Toronto
8-New York Islanders
9- Boston

My eyes have already done 50 laps :joker:

Raider917 03-21-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
My eyes have already done 50 laps :joker:

what are the chances of us being like anaheim, minnesota or carolina next year though? a short lockout could maybe be just what the doctor ordered if we go far into the playoffs.

BJCOLLINS 03-21-2004 09:26 PM

I thought that if we got hot at the end of the season we might sneek in....sometimes its TOOOOOO SSSswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT to be wrong.. :joker:

jacklours 03-21-2004 10:08 PM

I don't want to protect them experts and stuff, but looking at the big picture would probably be more accurate. Some of them might have every other team right

Wildbeliefs 03-21-2004 10:12 PM

At the beginning of the season I was comparing this team to the '93 team. I was actually convinced it was going to be a good year.

Then we had that really bad losing streak and I bandwagonned with the "habs-suck" crowd... ahhh.. I was so foolish in my younger days. ;)

tinyzombies 03-21-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917
what are the chances of us being like anaheim, minnesota or carolina next year though? a short lockout could maybe be just what the doctor ordered if we go far into the playoffs.

We don't want to be like those crappy teams anyway, we want to score goals and play firewagon hockey dammit!

Istvan 03-21-2004 10:29 PM

How often do the "experts" have to be wrong before thay are no longer considered experts??

Prrebel 03-22-2004 06:44 AM

Every season I have high hope for the Habs and I am alway optomistic. But....Damn, I hate to be doing this...s tanding up for those G-D writers... but;

Who could have seen at the start of the season;
- Ribs leading the team in scoring.
- Ryder 2nd on the team in scoring and in the hunt for the Calder.
- Theo turning around the crap season he had last year, , and with an unproven rookie to back him up.
- Soury, for most of the season looking like a Norris contender.
- The Habs picking up a player like Kovy down the stretch (albit, we pretty much had the playoff spot locked by then)
- Gainey standing up for Brisbois and by doing so helping him overcome the pressure that the Habs "faithful" was putting on him.


Really.... did any of you see this coming???

Mooch 03-22-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prrebel
Every season I have high hope for the Habs and I am alway optomistic. But....Damn, I hate to be doing this...s tanding up for those G-D writers... but;

Who could have seen at the start of the season;
- Ribs leading the team in scoring.
- Ryder 2nd on the team in scoring and in the hunt for the Calder.
- Theo turning around the crap season he had last year, , and with an unproven rookie to back him up.
- Soury, for most of the season looking like a Norris contender.
- The Habs picking up a player like Kovy down the stretch (albit, we pretty much had the playoff spot locked by then)
- Gainey standing up for Brisbois and by doing so helping him overcome the pressure that the Habs "faithful" was putting on him.


Really.... did any of you see this coming???


Yes, and i see more ahead :D Stanley cup

mcphee 03-22-2004 07:27 AM

I thought they had a chance to sneak in if they played a real boring trapping style and played to their strength, which I considered Theo. What I've enjoyed is the type of hockey they've played while winning. They've showed character, played as a team and given people a reason to attend the games. They aren't the most exciting team in the league but they're on the right track.

Mooch 03-22-2004 07:31 AM

Actually they have been real exciting lately to watch lately. There hustling out there now for 60 minutes, and are scoring more as a result. Obviously im not counting the Jersey games, but the last ten or so before that were very exciting and right on par with Toronto games IMO (which i see a lot of) in term of good hockey to watch!

jcpenny 03-22-2004 07:57 AM

How can it be Boring when you have ryder,Ribs and Koivu putting on a show every night?

Darz 03-22-2004 08:09 AM

I told you all during preseason and early on in the year that this team would make the playoffs...and my next prediction is that this team will win the Stanley Cup.

There is a lesson here for the doubters.

-the game ain't played on paper. If it was the Stanley Cup would be given out at the beginning of September and this whole playing the game nonsense would be avoided.

-any team, any year has a chance. This point has been proven a ton of times in the last decade or so, and people still fail to see it. The best prediction to make on a yearly basis (for the regular season and the playoffs) is something unexpected is going to happen. It always does.

-the difference between a great team, a good team, a weak team and a really bad team isn't that much. In alot of cases an addition of a player or two can make a world of difference.

-the habs rule!!!!!!! Never underestimate the power of the CH and the power of the Sacred Pretzel!!!!! Those who have followed the team the longest know that this is a major rule to live by.

Jacques Strappe 03-22-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I told you all during preseason and early on in the year that this team would make the playoffs...and my next prediction is that this team will win the Stanley Cup.

I actually agree with you Darz. And not just in a "I'm a Habs fan so I say they are going to win" type of way. I honestly believe this is a Cup Contending Team. I believe they have the perfect mix of offense and defence plus Excellent goaltending. And, corny as it sounds, heart! This is a true team. All the right ingredients to go all the way.
The first round will be the toughest. I predict a hard fought 7 game series against whomever it is - Philly, Sens, Bolts, Leafs or Sens. Win that series and the road is paved for success.

Darz 03-22-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
And not just in a "I'm a Habs fan so I say they are going to win" type of way. I honestly believe this is a Cup Contending Team.

I'm a little from column 'A'

and a little from column 'B'


Actually on Saturday night me and my bro were discussing the '04 team versus the '93 team and in all honesty, I think if we can get the goaltending from Theodore this playoff year that we got from Roy in '93 this team can be every bit as good, and in some respects this team is probabely better. Again I realize it is a big 'IF' as far a Theodore delivering a Roy '93 performance but considering Theodore has shown the ability to play at that level, it's not out of the question.

jacklours 03-22-2004 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I'm a little from column 'A'

and a little from column 'B'


Actually on Saturday night me and my bro were discussing the '04 team versus the '93 team and in all honesty, I think if we can get the goaltending from Theodore this playoff year that we got from Roy in '93 this team can be every bit as good, and in some respects this team is probabely better. Again I realize it is a big 'IF' as far a Theodore delivering a Roy '93 performance but considering Theodore has shown the ability to play at that level, it's not out of the question.


Don't want to say anything, but any team who gets the type of goaltending Roy give MTL in 93 will have more than a good shot at the cup

Darz 03-22-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
Don't want to say anything, but any team who gets the type of goaltending Roy give MTL in 93 will have more than a good shot at the cup

Yes, but realistically, how many teams have goalies that can provide that level of goaltending. I think Theodore has proven in the past that he, if nothing else, has the ability to take his game to that level. I don't think the same can be said about the Lalime's, Burke's etc.

HABitude 03-22-2004 10:41 AM

Well, on the french media side, only two hockey experts predicted what happened to the Habs.

1. Jean Perron : he kept saying from the beginning “the Gainey effect”. Don't underestimate his influence and the charism of this very respected man in hockey bizzness. Among with all the other factors, Perron was right.

2. Ron Fournier : “La force des jeunes, le meilleur est à venir” -trans.: “The Strenght of the Youth, the Best is to Come”. That sentense sums is up. This is another factor that changed the predictions. The young guns did more than expected. Ryder, Ribs, Garon, Komi. While the vets like Zed, Sax and Theo did nicely what was expected from them, the young players changed the early pronostics.

jacklours 03-22-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Yes, but realistically, how many teams have goalies that can provide that level of goaltending. I think Theodore has proven in the past that he, if nothing else, has the ability to take his game to that level. I don't think the same can be said about the Lalime's, Burke's etc.


yeah, i see your point now

Mooch 03-22-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Yes, but realistically, how many teams have goalies that can provide that level of goaltending. I think Theodore has proven in the past that he, if nothing else, has the ability to take his game to that level. I don't think the same can be said about the Lalime's, Burke's etc.

Lalime is not a good example Darz, hes been excellent in the playoffs.

Burke, i agree with.

romain_jaime 03-22-2004 11:34 AM

I for one will admit that I thought the Habs would scrapping for 8th in the east with less then 10 games to go. And like someone else said, I always go into the season hoping for the best but this far exceeds my wildest dreams of what this current addition of blue/blanc/rouge could have done this season.

Question though, would it now be considered an upset if the Habs were to be taken out in the first round? :dunno:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.