HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal-Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=639722)

mariolemieux66 05-05-2009 08:39 PM

Montreal-Edmonton
 
To Edmonton:

Sergei Kostitsyn
Kyle Chipchura
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Halak



To Montreal:

Dustin Penner
Gilbert Brule
J-F Jacques
Theo Peckham

Joey Moss 05-05-2009 08:54 PM

We gain 4 roster players, lose 1 and 3 AHL'ers.

If that wasn't the case I'd do it in a heart beat.

oilers_guy_eddie 05-05-2009 09:05 PM

This appears to be one of the most lopsided proposals I've seen in a long time.

HabsInsideOut 05-05-2009 10:41 PM

Give us a bag of pucks for Chips and Sergs but Gorges and Halak have shown a bit of worth. Why would we trade any of these guys for big contracts, underachievers and AHLers?

Natedawg 05-05-2009 10:46 PM

WTF?!! Habs give 3 solid NHLers/future NHLers and another knocking on the door for 1 ****** contract and 3 AHLers? Give me a break.

AK 05-05-2009 10:58 PM

You'd have to replace Peckham with Chorney, for starters. Also remove Penner's albatross of a contract.

Habsterix* 05-05-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 (Post 19433131)
To Edmonton:

Sergei Kostitsyn
Kyle Chipchura
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Halak



To Montreal:

Dustin Penner
Gilbert Brule
J-F Jacques
Theo Peckham

Holy overpayment by Montreal! Wow! :laugh:

Traktor* 05-05-2009 11:41 PM

What would Edmonton want with Gorges? Absolutely nothing.

Kyle Chipchura is basically Marc Pouliot - 4th line fodder/AHL lifer.

Sergei Kostitsyn isn't an upgrade over young guys like Cogliano, Gagner and O'Sullivan and basically offers nothing that Edmonton doesn't have (one dimensional skilled players).

Halak is really the only enticing part of the deal.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Penner can hit 25-30 goals next season and more than cover his contract.

No interest in giving up Theo Peckham, he has a Lucic factor about his that makes him a extremely valuable asset.

Either way this deal makes zero sense.

OneSharpMarble 05-06-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 (Post 19433131)
To Edmonton:

Sergei Kostitsyn
Kyle Chipchura
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Halak



To Montreal:

Dustin Penner
Gilbert Brule
J-F Jacques
Theo Peckham

Sure you don't want to throw in some industrial waste for Montreal?

:laugh:

bzur 05-06-2009 12:22 AM

Maybe you could throw in Souray's favorite jacket. That has sentimental value... maybe his jacket straight up for Halak then?

WatchaMaCarcass 05-06-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedawg (Post 19435719)
WTF?!! Habs give 3 solid NHLers/future NHLers and another knocking on the door for 1 ****** contract and 3 AHLers? Give me a break.

While I agree the deal is lopsided, but you say the habs are giving up future NHLers then say they are getting AHLers in return? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but considering all of their ages and potential, I would say they are all 'future NHLers'.

Prove me wrong.

surshot* 05-06-2009 12:24 AM

Steps in trys to save thread.











How about...hmmmmmmmmmmm.... nevermind.



Unless Montreal is willing to take some contracts for draft picks and futures we just do not need anything other then Halak and there is enough Halak proposals already and its hard to figure out his value with Montreal fans likely wanting Cogliano as a return. If there willing to do a Pouliot+a 3rd rounder or something along those lines then maybe this thread can be saved after all.

surshot* 05-06-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentz0r (Post 19437638)
Maybe you could throw in Souray's favorite jacket. That has sentimental value... maybe his jacket straight up for Halak then?

His jacket straight up? Screw that noise his jacket could get us way more then Halak.:sarcasm:

oilers_guy_eddie 05-06-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchaMaCarcass (Post 19437645)
While I agree the deal is lopsided, but you say the habs are giving up future NHLers then say they are getting AHLers in return? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but considering all of their ages and potential, I would say they are all 'future NHLers'.

Prove me wrong.

I expect Peckham will have an NHL career of some description, and I would not write off Brule either. JFJ seems ... well, it doesn't seem likely that he's going to do much more than what he does right now. And of course, Penner needs little introduction.


By contrast, the Habs side of this proposal has 3 guys-- SK, Halak, and Gorges-- who have already established some NHL credentials and don't get paid $4.25 million a year.

An overpaid slob and 3 complete question marks for 3 guys who have already established themselves in the NHL to some degree.

40oz 05-06-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 19436005)
You'd have to replace Peckham with Chorney, for starters. Also remove Penner's albatross of a contract.

Done, I'd rather keep Peckham anyways. And I really like Chorney.

WhiskeySeven 05-06-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40oz (Post 19438050)
Done, I'd rather keep Peckham anyways. And I really like Chorney.

Is that Mark David Chapman in your avatar?

40oz 05-06-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxLapierre (Post 19438064)
Is that Mark David Chapman in your avatar?

Hahaha no, its musician/artist Daniel Johnston.

WatchaMaCarcass 05-06-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie (Post 19437890)
I expect Peckham will have an NHL career of some description, and I would not write off Brule either. JFJ seems ... well, it doesn't seem likely that he's going to do much more than what he does right now. And of course, Penner needs little introduction.


By contrast, the Habs side of this proposal has 3 guys-- SK, Halak, and Gorges-- who have already established some NHL credentials and don't get paid $4.25 million a year. And Chipchura.

An overpaid slob and 3 complete question marks for 3 guys who have already established themselves in the NHL to some degree.

The way the comment I quoted was worded, made it seem like the Oilers prospects would never make an NHL team whereas the Habs prospects are guaranteed shoe-ins. Thus the 'AHLers' and 'future NHLers' label.

I was just pointing out the slight homerism by saying that one teams prospective talent are 'AHLers' while another teams are 'future NHLers'.

What I was implying was that none of these players (Halak and perhaps Penner excluded, Edit: And Gorges, he had a breakout season. I'd be looking at him now for consistency.) have really done anything to cement a spot on an NHL roster.

Well, except Jacques... he scored this year... he's a keeper! :handclap:

oilers_guy_eddie 05-06-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchaMaCarcass (Post 19440447)
I was just pointing out the slight homerism by saying that one teams prospective talent are 'AHLers' while another teams are 'future NHLers'.

What I was implying was that none of these players (Halak and perhaps Penner excluded, Edit: And Gorges, he had a breakout season. I'd be looking at him now for consistency.) have really done anything to cement a spot on an NHL roster.

haha, you know what? I was thinking of the wrong Kostitsyn brother. The one in this proposal is a bit of a question mark, I agree.

Still, at the very least it's Halak and Gorges against Penner, and with Penner's contract that's not a good match. The other half of the trade could go either way I think.

oilerbear 05-06-2009 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Smooth Skating;19436831]
No interest in giving up Theo Peckham, he has a Lucic factor about his that makes him a extremely valuable asset.
QUOTE]

Peckham could do to Lucic what Komisarek could not.

Jacques 6'4" 220Lbs never seena big man skate this fast. Want him to stay for $th line LW @ .55M

Penner needs achance with new coach. Let him play top tweo lines all year and full pp minutes. he gets us 25-35 goals.

fredez 05-06-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Skating (Post 19436831)
What would Edmonton want with Gorges? Absolutely nothing.

I see you haven't seen Captain Kelowna play for the past two seasons. A small rock on defense.

With his small cap hit, Gorges is a very very valuable commodity for any NHL club. I'm glad we have him.

voxel 05-06-2009 05:29 PM

Overpayment by the Habs, but really it's just junk for junk (except for Sergei Kostitsyn).

Firstimeandshy* 05-06-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 (Post 19433131)
To Edmonton:

Sergei Kostitsyn
Kyle Chipchura
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Halak



To Montreal:

Dustin Penner
Gilbert Brule
J-F Jacques
Theo Peckham

Way to under evaluate the Habs players !!!!:handclap:








:facepalm:

Firstimeandshy* 05-06-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Skating (Post 19436831)
What would Edmonton want with Gorges? Absolutely nothing.

Kyle Chipchura is basically Marc Pouliot - 4th line fodder/AHL lifer.

Sergei Kostitsyn isn't an upgrade over young guys like Cogliano, Gagner and O'Sullivan and basically offers nothing that Edmonton doesn't have (one dimensional skilled players).

Halak is really the only enticing part of the deal.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Penner can hit 25-30 goals next season and more than cover his contract.

No interest in giving up Theo Peckham, he has a Lucic factor about his that makes him a extremely valuable asset.

Either way this deal makes zero sense.


You should try watching some hockey around supper time, you don't know what you are missing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.