HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Central Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=640595)

slovakiasnextone 05-08-2009 10:53 AM

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

We all know that the Slovak youth hockey has been in trouble for years now, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss anything about the Slovak youth hockey. Feel free to discuss and ask questions.

The junior national teams season wrap-up:

Slovakia U20
WJC
Slovakia-Latvia 7:2
Slovakia-Sweden 1:3
Slovakia-Russia 1:8
Slovakia-Finland 3:2 SO
Slovakia-USA 5:3 (Quarterfinal)
Slovakia-Sweden 3:5 (Semifinal)
Slovakia-Russia 2:5 (Bronze medal game)

Top 3 Players on the team (selected by coaches):
G Jaroslav Janus, also named to the tournament All stars team
F Tomas Tatar
D Martin Stajnoch
Top scorer: Tomas Tatar 7G+4A

Tyumen Region Cup
Slovakia-Finland 2-6
Slovakia-Russia 2-3 OT
Slovakia-Sweden 4-3
Slovakia- Russia 2-5 (Final)

Notes: Matej Kristin was named the top goaltender of the tourney

Slovakia U18
U18 World Championships:shakehead
Slovakia- Norway 5:2
Slovakia- Russia 0:7
Slovakia-USA 0-12
Slovakia-Finland 0-7
Slovakia-Germany 4-5 SO (Relegation round)
Slovakia-Switzerland 4:2 (Relegation round)

Top players on team(selected by coaches):
D Adam Janosik
F Andrej Stastny
F Tomas Daniska
Top scorer: Marek Hrivik and Tomas Jurco tied at 5points (2G,3A) each

Slovakia U17

U17 WHC
Slovakia- Quebec 6:10
Slovakia- West Coast 2:7
Slovakia-Russia 1:6
Slovakia- Finland 7:4
Slovakia-Russia 3-6

EYOF
Slovakia-Poland 10:2
Slovakia- Russia 4:2
Slovakia- Switzerland 1:2 (semifinal)
Slovakia- Finland 2:5

Slovakia U16
Saignelegiér Mini Tourney
Slovakia A- Switzerland White 1:4
Slovakia B- Switzerland B 2:4
Slovakia A- Switzerland A 1:5
Slovakia A- Switzerland B 4:0
Slovakia B - Switzerland A 6:7
Slovakia B- Switzerland B 5:2
Slovakia A- Switzerland A 1:2

3 games against Czech republic

SVK- CZE 2:4
SVK- CZE 1:0
SVK- CZE 3:6

Slovakia West U15
(Players from Western and Central Slovakia included)
95 World Selects Invitational
Slovakia West- East Coast Selects 1:2
Slovakia West- Sweden 7:1
Slovakia West - ESC Quebec 4:6
Slovakia West- Ak Bars Kazan 4:1
Slovakia West- West Coast Selects 4:3
Slovakia West - Hungary 6:1
Slowakia West- Ak Bars Kazan 0:4 (Quarterfinal)
Slovakia West - West Coast 4:0 (5th place game)

Top scorer:
Martin ReWay 9 points (3G, 6A) in 7 games

Notes: Three Slovakian players have also suited up for the ESC Quebec team, Patrik Koys was the scoring leader on that team (9p-4G+5A in 7games) followed by Robert Varga (8 points- 6G, 2A) and the third Slovak on the team was Martin Pavlicek.

slovakiasnextone 05-08-2009 11:25 AM

Junior players with senior teams+ Hk Orange 20 invitations+ NHL Draft outlook

So, with the summer training alreadyrunning in most teams from Slovnaft Extraliha let´s have a look at junior aged players who are training with their respective senior teams.

HC Kosice: G Tomas Halasz (90 born), D Martin Marincin (92), Tomas Hricina (90), Tomas Jurco (late 92)

Hkm Zvolen: G Matej Kristin (90), F Tomas Tatar (late 90),

MSHK Zilina: F Marek Hrivik (91), F Jakub Kubis (90)

MHC Martin: D Martin Obuch (91), D Lukas Kozak (late 91), F Peter Sisovsky (91), F Jakub Ciger (91), F Michal Murcek (92)

Notes: I´ll add the players from the other teams when their rosters will be available.

Hk Orange 20 try-outs (May 12-14):
Goalies: Matej Kristín (HKm Zvolen), Marek Čiliak (Kométa Brno/ČR)

D-men: Richard Vojsovič (HK Poprad), Matúš Rais (HK Ardo Nitra), Peter Slimák(HC Kosice), Martin Marinčin (92,HC Košice), Martin Štajnoch (HC Slovan Bratislava), Tomáš Devečka (MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Michal Šiška (Kamloops Blades/Kan.), Tomáš Staňo (91,Dukla Trenčín), Henrich Jaborník (91,HK 36 Skalica), Adam Jánošík (l92,HC Liberec/ČR),

Forwards: Adam Lapšanský, Samuel Mlynarovič (both HK Poprad), Maroš Grošaft, Martin Uhnák, Tomáš Daniška (all HK Ardo Nitra), Libor Hudáček (HK Spišská Nová Ves), Tomáš Sýkora, Ján Sýkora (both HC 05´Banská Bystrica), Martin Bakoš, Marek Lisoň (obaja HC Slovan Bratislava), Ivan Jankovič (HK 36 Skalica), Jakub Gašparovič(Dukla Trencin), Andrej Šťastný (91,Dukla Trenčín), Radoslav Illo (Tri-City Storm/USA), Tomáš Jurčo (late 92,HC Košice), Marek Hrivík (91,MšHK Garmin Žilina), Peter Šišovský (91,MHC Martin), František Gerhát (HC Litvínov/ČR).
Substitues : Michal Pichnarčík, Tomáš Halász (both Košice), Dávid Árvay (Nitra), Juraj Majdan (91,Litvínov/ČR), Jozef Kentoš (91,Ústí n. Labem).

NHL Draft Preview (CSS rankings)

European skaters:
13.F Richard Panik (HC Trinec)
14.F Tomas Tatar (Hkm Zvolen)
31.F Marek Hrivik (HK Orange U20)
42.F Andrej Stastny (HK Dukla Trencin Jr.)
110.F Jozef Kentos (Usti nad Labem)
150. D Martin Stajnoch (HK Orange U20/ HC Slovan Bratislava)
162. Tomas Stano (HK Dukla Trencin Jr.)
171. Matus Rais (HK Ardo Nitra)

European goaltenders:
3. Juraj Holly (KLH Chomutov)

North American goalies:
13. Jaroslav Janus (Erie Otters)

North American Skaters:
124. Andrej Kudrna (Vancouver Giants/WHL)

slovakiasnextone 05-10-2009 06:52 AM

So, I have decided to put together a list of young players who have been impressive during the last Extraliga season, the list includes players born in 1987 and younger. If I have forgotten someone, please let me know. This is just the first part, I´ll have others up soon.

Julius Hudacek
http://www.hckosice.sk/obrazky/12mm/12963.jpg
Position: Goaltender
DOB: 9th of August 1988
Team: HC Kosice
Height: 184 cm /6´0
Weight: 78 kg/ 172 lbs
NHL status: undrafted

Huadeck is the first goaltender "product" of the Slovak U20 league.The Spiska Nova Ves native had been previously chosen as the Slovak National U20 team netminder in the Extralifa through the 2007/2008 season. He played in 20 games with a 4.44GAA and a save procentage of 88,2%. While these numbers were awful it was mainly the effect of the players playing infront of him who were all 19 years old or younger. He has done better during the 2008 WJC, keeping most games close and helping Slovakia avid relegation. (6 games, 2.71 GAA, 92.1%). He has even earned a nomniation for the senior NT and has travelled to Canada with the Slovak team in 2008, but he had been sent home after the arrival of Avalanche´s Peter Budaj. In the off-season he signed with HC Kosice, one of the best teams in Slovakia. In the unseccesful Kosice run through the CHL qualifications he has only replaced the other Kosice goalie Lipovsky during the last game of the qualifications. After that he had about a 10 game run with the team in the home league, but his true time didn´t come till the play-offs. Miroslav Lipovsky, the No. 1 goalie in Kosice has been often disappointing in the important games, whether it was the Extraliga play-off or the CHL qualification and he had also struggled in the quarterfinals against Banska Bystrica, therefore it was Hudacek´s time to get in the net an then he had helped Kosice to advance to the semifinals thanks to wins in the last 2 games. registrating a shutout in one of those games. He came in as the starting goaltender into the series against Zvolen, but after the team started losing despite his good performances Hudacek once again found himself sitting on the bench in favour of Hudacek. In game 6 of the finals however it was once again Hudacek who was in and after he had stopped three Zigmund Palffy shots in the shootout, Kosice have won their first title in 10 years, also thanks to the young netminder. With Miroslav Lipovsky´s departure to Zilina, Hudacek is expected to come in as the starting goaltender for Kosice in the 2009/2010 season.

2008/2009 stats: 30GP 1701:59 minutes 17W-0T-7L 2.19GAA 92.97% 1SO

Video from Kosice-Skalica game 6 shootout

Juraj Mikus
http://www.hokejportal.sk/photos/mikusjuraj.jpg
Position: Center
DOB:22nd of February 1987
Team: HK 36 Skalica
Height:187/6´2
Weight:91 kg/201 lbs
Shoots: right
NHL Status:drafted by Montreal 4round, 122 overall in 2005, not signed

Juraj Mikus had already seen some of his time in Extraliga during the lock-out season in 2004-2005. After he had been drafted he went on to pursue his career in North America playing in the QMJHL during 2006-2007. After Montreal has decided not to draft him and he wen undrafted when he re-entered the draft, he returned to Slovakia. This played out to be a smart move as Ziggy Palffy had signed a contract with Skalica. In his first season playing along Palffy and Zalesak , Mikus had contributed to Skalica with 43 points in 55 games. In 2008-2009 these number were twarfed as Mikus collected 113 points in 73 league games and he also has created a new record for assits in the Extraliga, replacing Pavol Demitra´s record from the lock-out season. While it of course is Zigmund Palffy who monstrously contributes to Mikus´s numbers and while Juraj has yet to really show what he is capable of in the NT Jersey, he has showed that he is an overaverage player in the Slovak Extraliga, not every 22 year old can beat Sasu Hovi with a hattrick in a semifinal game. Mikus has represented Slovakia on various occasions, he was a substitute in Halifax 2008 and has only played one game, he came as a starter into the WC 2009, but he´s performance has been a little bit disappointing for most fans.

2008/2009 stats
: 73GP 38G 75A 113points 70PIM +80

Video, a beautiful pass from J.Mikus to Palffy at about 20 seconds into the video

Tomas Tatar
http://osporte.sk/rs/foto/333x250/74143140.jpg
Position: C/LW
DOB: 1st of December 1990
Team: Hhkm Zvolen
Height: 177 cm /5´10
Weight: 80 kg/ 176 lbs
NHL status: draft eligible in 2009

Tomas Tatar is the next wing to come out of Dubnica after the likes of Pavol Demitra or Tomas Kopecky. After his first full season with the Dubnica U18 and even a few games in the U20 Extraliga during the 2005/2006 season, he had been sent to Dukla Trencin on loan after the junior teams of Dubnica have been relegated to division 1. He had been mainly playing in the U18 Extraliga in the 2006/2007 season, but has been promoted to the U20 the following season. Despite being almost three years younger than some players, he has managed to lead the league in points with 77 points in 48 games. However he had also suited up for the Dubnica U18 team trying to help them to get to the top division, but he broke his collar bone while playing in Dubnica, which prevented him from playing in both the Slovak U20 play-offs as well as in the U18 WC. A bit controversely Tatar joined the Hkm Zvolen team for the 2008/2009 campaign, mainly thanks to the fomer Trencin now Hkm Zvolen GM Pivovarci, who was the one who got Tatar over to Trencin in the first place. While Tatar has impressed many watching the Extraliga his break-out did not come till his return from the WJC.
In the first half of the season he had been mainly playing with the Zvolen captain Jan Lipiansky to gain experience, but after some time Lipiansky was thrown out of the team. In the 2nd hald he mainly played with Czech veteran Filip Turek and Marek Dubec. He mostly impressed during the quarterfinal series against Liptovsky Mikulas and has gained an invitation to the national team as well. But despite putting on impressive performances during the exhibition games, scoring his first NT goal and adding a pair of assists, he found himself in the role of a substitute. While there have been some rumours of him wanting to try the NA route next season, with the departure of several key players he´s very likely to be given a lot of room in Zvolen next year should he stay there.

2008/2009 stats: 61GP 12G 11A 23points 24PIM +10

Tomas Tatar Tribute video

Michal Chovan
http://www.hokejportal.sk/photos/chovan.jpg
Position: F
DOB: 23 of November 1987
Team: Hkm Zvolen
Height: 182 cm /6´0
Weight: 74 kg/ 163 lbs

21 year old Michal Chovan is one of the few Zvolen players who had a break-out season with Hkm Zvolen under coach Milos Holan. Previously Chovan had only scored one goal in the 2007/2008 season and has mainly played with the Zvolen U20´s as an overager. However with the arrival of Holan Chovan was given the ice-time and he along with Lukas Hvila and Peter Klouda, who was later replaced by Martin Strba have formed one of the most dangerous lines in the Extraliga right away from game one. Chovan has finished 3rd in scoring on the team and led Zvolen in scoring in the play-offs. We´ll see how the next season will play out for him with Lukas Hvila´s departure to th Czech republic.

2008/2009 stats: 65GP 22G 35A 57points 96PIM +34

Juraj Valach
http://www.denniksport.sk/media/osob...324-222519.jpg
Position: D
DOB: 1st of February 1989
Team: Hkm Zvolen
Height: 197 cm /6´6
Weight: 88 kg/ 194 lbs
NHL status: eligible in 2009, passed on in 2007,2008

After being passed on in two NHL draft and playing for 4 differnt WHL teams during 2006-2008, Juraj Valach retruned to his home team Hkm Zvolen. He put on reliable performances during the regular season and was a part of the Slovak WJC team in 2009. He was even more impressive during the Extraliga play-offs, often playing along the Hkm captain and D veteran leader Laco Cierny and finally has even managed to score. He has also gained a try-out with the NT for the exhibition games before the 2009 WC.

2008/2009 stats: 59GP 1G 3A 4points +3

Radoslav Tybor
Position: Forward
DOB: 23rd of November 1989
Team: Hk Dukla Trencin
Weight: 73 kg/ 161 lbs
NHL status: eligible in 2009, undrafted in 2008

Jakub Gasparovic
http://media.szlh.sk/500/0003/YlTd5ceYrxhAE2Ih-f.jpg
DOB: 26th of February 1990
Team: Hk Dukla Trencin
Height: 180 cm /5´11
Weight: 70kg/ 154 lbs

Erik Caladi
http://www.hknitra.sk/hraci/caladi.jpg
DOB: 1st of April 1988
Team: Hk Ardo Nitra
Height: 180 cm /5´11
Weight: 80 kg/ 176 lbs

Jakub Rumpel
http://www.hknitra.sk/hraci/rumpel.jpg
Position: RW
DOB: 27th of January 1987
Team: Hk Ardo Nitra
Height: 173 cm /5´8
Weight: 77 kg/ 170 lbs

Adam Lapsansky
http://www.hkpoprad.sk/hraci/lapsansky_adam.gif
DOB: 10th of April 1990
Team: Hk Poprad
Weight: 81 kg/ 179 lbs

Kamzik 05-11-2009 08:54 PM

Excellent work, I enjoyed these posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 19473885)

The junior national teams season wrap-up:

Slovakia U20
WJC
Slovakia-Latvia 6:2

Not a big deal, but I was at this game and the score was actually 7-2. :) Adam Bezak charged the net shorthanded and scored the seventh Slovak goal. In my heart I count the score as 8-2 as Panik had a goal that was not counted for reasons that were never properly explained by the refs. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 19473885)
Forwards: Adam Lapšanský, Samuel Mlynarovič (both HK Poprad), Maroš Grošaft, Martin Uhnák, Tomáš Daniška (all HK Ardo Nitra), Libor Hudáček (HK Spišská Nová Ves)

I do not know anything about Libor Hudacek who was signed today by Slovan Bratislava. I hear he is an 18 year old centre. Now that he signed with Slovan, will he continue to try out with U20?

slovakiasnextone 05-12-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 19523911)
Excellent work, I enjoyed these posts.

Not a big deal, but I was at this game and the score was actually 7-2. :) Adam Bezak charged the net shorthanded and scored the seventh Slovak goal. In my heart I count the score as 8-2 as Panik had a goal that was not counted for reasons that were never properly explained by the refs. :)

I do not know anything about Libor Hudacek who was signed today by Slovan Bratislava. I hear he is an 18 year old centre. Now that he signed with Slovan, will he continue to try out with U20?

Thanks, I´m still working on it, but I don´t have much time right now.

Oh, yes, sorry, my bad, I corrected it to 7:2. BUt about Panik´s goal, if I remember it right he pushed the puck in together with the goalie or something.

About Hudacek, well I haven´t seen him play much, but he was very impressive in Division 1 last year. I´m not sure about what happens in Slovan since they want to rebuild all young, even Rusnak and Bezak will be both playing, so I dunno whether Libor will be playing there or in Puchov. Talking about Slovan, Jaro Janus is training with them and after Sasu Hovi´s departure they want to get him signed.

But I have to say that quiet a few guys who will be at the try-outs in Puchov are more likely to play in their home teams rather than Puchov due to the financial crisis. Exceot Hudacek, I also have heard from Martin fans that Peter Sisovsky is likely to stay in Martin, Matus Rais from Nitra played in Nitra already last season, so I don´t think they´ll let him go. And a special category are the guys from Poprad, if Extraliga is even played in Poprad next season, they are very likely to go back there since Poprad does not have many players right now. And there migth be others as well.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 05-13-2009 05:53 PM

Enjoy the insight.

slovakiasnextone 05-15-2009 10:11 AM

Juvenille U15 National Championships Final (Bratislava, 1.-5. April 2009)

Final chart:
1. Dubnica 10b
2. Košice 6b
3. Skalica 6b
4. Slovan 6b
5. Žilina 2b
6. Poprad 0b

Best players:
MVP: Bagin Emil (Dubnica)
Best foward: Vaško Filip (Košice)
Best D-men: Bagin Emil (Dubnica)
Best goaltender: Masaryk Stanislav (Skalica)

ALL STARS TEAM :
LW: Buliš Filip (Dubnica)
C: Nemček Filip (Dubnica)
RW: Romančík Michal (Skalica)
LD: Bagin Emil (Dubnica)
RD: Šafár Leoš (Košice)
G: Toljenovič Krešimír Mate (Dubnica)

Stats from the finals: http://www.szlh.sk/statistiky/c-0900...ie!91!93!61941

Whole season stats: http://www.szlh.sk/statistiky/c-090008_l-222

Kamzik 06-03-2009 12:46 AM

I was pleased to see Milan Kytnar get an NHL contract today. Another product of my home town of TO. :) I hope he makes the best of it, and works towards an NHL career. I liked him a lot at the World Juniors. Edmonton already has one Topolcany player on the roster.

slovakiasnextone 06-03-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 19781642)
I was pleased to see Milan Kytnar get an NHL contract today. Another product of my home town of TO. :) I hope he makes the best of it, and works towards an NHL career. I liked him a lot at the World Juniors. Edmonton already has one Topolcany player on the roster.

Would be great if he makes it one day, he seems to be qite the hard-worker. Too bad that many people consider the two other NHL players from TO as a Slovan/Dukla material, whle they´re both Žochári.:naughty:

Kamzik 06-11-2009 03:31 PM

There were a couple of coaching changes in the Slovak junior program. The GM of SR 20 Jozef Frühauf is put in charge of all levels of Slovak Jr. hockey from 16-20. There is a new head coach for the U18 team, Andrej Výboh. Peter Bohunický after a miserable performance at the U18 WC is out [though I do agree with his decision to send Miroslav Preisinger a Filip Jánošík home at their own cost].

slovakiasnextone 06-12-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 19879016)
There were a couple of coaching changes in the Slovak junior program. The GM of SR 20 Jozef Frühauf is put in charge of all levels of Slovak Jr. hockey from 16-20. There is a new head coach for the U18 team, Andrej Výboh. Peter Bohunický after a miserable performance at the U18 WC is out [though I do agree with his decision to send Miroslav Preisinger a Filip Jánošík home at their own cost].

Bohunicky never did much of anything with the U18 team, so I´m glad he´s gone. Though looking at it, it just looks like Vyboh has been promoted from the U17´s.

Kamzik 06-12-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 19884655)
Bohunicky never did much of anything with the U18 team, so I´m glad he´s gone. Though looking at it, it just looks like Vyboh has been promoted from the U17´s.

The U17s had a decent year under Vyboh. They were slightly improved at the World Hockey Challenge, including a 7-4 victory over Finland. The team won the Fussen tournament with consecutive wins over Denmark, Switzerland, and Germany. At the EYOF they played for a medal after a surprisingly victory over Russia. Not bad. I wish Andrej good luck!

slovakiasnextone 06-12-2009 01:55 AM

That´s just one way of putting things, you can´t forget the disastrous tournament in SUI in november and the 3:14 or something like that trashing from Russia.

And they have won at the U17 WHC only against a very weak Finnish squad that was being trashed by all the teams there.

Kamzik 06-24-2009 03:14 AM

Well the draft is in a couple of days. Any ideas on how many Slovaks are drafted? Judging by recent years I would say not many. Here is how I view things:

Drafted for sure: Richard Panik, Tomas Tatar

Probably drafted: Andrej Stastny, Jaroslav Janus

Outside chance of being drafted: Marek Hrivik, Juraj Holly, Juraj Valach, Andrej Kudrna.

Virtually no chance of being drafted: Peter Sisovsky, Dalibor Bortnak, Martin Stajnoch, Miroslav "I like to have fun" Preisinger, Henrich Jabornik.

So I will go out on a limb and say four Slovaks are drafted (possibly 5).

slovakiasnextone 06-24-2009 03:52 AM

I see it pretty much similar as you, though I´d put Hrivik into the 2nd category, I mean if you have Stastny in there.

5 seems to be the most probable number, nothing special, but definitely an upgrade to last year.

Kamzik 06-27-2009 05:12 PM

As predicted there were 5 Slovaks taken in the 2009 NHL draft. Perhaps just not the 5 most would have predicted.

The entire first line of Slovakia's 4th place WJCU20 was selected: Richard Panik went to Tampa, Marek Viedensky went to San Jose, and Tomas Tatar was selected by Detroit. In addition, Jaroslav Janus was selected by the Tampa Lightning. Perhaps surprising to me was the selection of Radoslav Illo by the Anaheim Ducks.

Some more information on Illo would be nice. He was apparently invited to try out for a spot on HK Orange 20. Don't know if he was cut or if his desire was to play in North America. He certainly took a difficult route, it is not at all easy getting drafted from the USHL.

Coach Mikes on Illo in April, whom he included on the U20 roster for the tournament in Russia [Illo ended up scoring 3 goals in 3 games]: Illo is a discovery that played on the junior team Tri-City Storm in USA, and with 22 goals was amongst the top on the team. When he left Slovakia, nobody knew anything about him, and he belonged amongst the average players.

slovakiasnextone 06-28-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 20110592)
As predicted there were 5 Slovaks taken in the 2009 NHL draft. Perhaps just not the 5 most would have predicted.

The entire first line of Slovakia's 4th place WJCU20 was selected: Richard Panik went to Tampa, Marek Viedensky went to San Jose, and Tomas Tatar was selected by Detroit. In addition, Jaroslav Janus was selected by the Tampa Lightning. Perhaps surprising to me was the selection of Radoslav Illo by the Anaheim Ducks.

Some more information on Illo would be nice. He was apparently invited to try out for a spot on HK Orange 20. Don't know if he was cut or if his desire was to play in North America. He certainly took a difficult route, it is not at all easy getting drafted from the USHL.

Coach Mikes on Illo in April, whom he included on the U20 roster for the tournament in Russia [Illo ended up scoring 3 goals in 3 games]: Illo is a discovery that played on the junior team Tri-City Storm in USA, and with 22 goals was amongst the top on the team. When he left Slovakia, nobody knew anything about him, and he belonged amongst the average players.

About Illo:
Radoslav Illo, forward, fifth round (136th overall):

"He was under the radar. He played for a terrible Tri-City team in the USHL this year. He was hurt for most of the first half of the season, then he caught on fire late in the season. He scored 21 goals and eight were power play goals. He played for the Slovak team in April and led that team in scoring. He was offered a spot with the under-20 select national team next year, but I don't think he's going to stay there. I think he's going to come back to North America. Will he play junior hockey in Canada? We'll have to determine that. He's an outstanding skater with great shot. He's not a physical player, he's a skilled player who goes to the hard areas."

Source: http://www.insidesocal.com/ducks/200...s-down-th.html

Kamzik 06-30-2009 02:40 PM

The CHL import draft is looking so far (after the first 40 picks) like a selection of players from the Czech Republic.

A few Slovaks of course were taken so far. Interesting to see that if Tatar decides to play in Canada, he'll be with the Kitchener Rangers. That would mean four games between Tatar's Rangers and Panik's Windsor Spitfires. I will try to go to each. :) The Kitchener Rangers seem to like Slovaks, Boris Valabik was an important player on their team for three seasons. Owen Sound is another team kind to Slovaks. I remember a couple of years ago when their team had Andrej Sekera, Stefan Ruzicka, and I think Bobby Ryan. :)

Jurco and Hrivik were drafted to the QMJHL. If they decide to go, they'll join Radovan Pulis who is already in that league with Chicoutimi I think. Matej Bene was drafted by Kamloops of the WHL. Bene played with Jurco at the U17 World Challenge, scoring a shorthanded goal against USA and putting up four points versus Finland.

Anyhow, I wonder why nobody has taken Marincin yet. Perhaps he was taken last year? Or maybe he has made it clear he won't come over. Or it is a mistake in scouting?

slovakiasnextone 06-30-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 20157202)
The CHL import draft is looking so far (after the first 40 picks) like a selection of players from the Czech Republic.

A few Slovaks of course were taken so far. Interesting to see that if Tatar decides to play in Canada, he'll be with the Kitchener Rangers. That would mean four games between Tatar's Rangers and Panik's Windsor Spitfires. I will try to go to each. :) The Kitchener Rangers seem to like Slovaks, Boris Valabik was an important player on their team for three seasons.

Jurco and Hrivik were drafted to the QMJHL. If they decide to go, they'll join Radovan Pulis who is already in that league with Chicoutimi I think. Matej Bene was drafted by Kamloops of the WHL. Bene played with Jurco at the U17 World Challenge, scoring a shorthanded goal against USA and putting up four points versus Finland.

Anyhow, I wonder why nobody has taken Marincin yet. Perhaps he was taken last year? Or maybe he has made it clear he won't come over. Or it is a mistake in scouting?

Well, it´s bad for the Czech republic.

I hope Tatar stays in Zvolen, no reason to go to juniors, it´s completely different situation than Panik´s with Trinec.

Pulis is in the Q with Acadie-Bathurst Titan actually though he missed the whole last year but 3 games due to an injury.

About Marincin, czechexpert has said a while back that he´s either going to CHL or will play with the Slovakia U20 team , so maybe he chose the latter and I think there are more guys who chose this option over the CHL and therefore weren´t drafted yet. Oh and Marincin couldn´t be drafted last year as he is a 1992 born and those couldn´ t be selected last year.

One more thing, I don´t think you´r the biggest idiot on hfboards, I just wanted to show you hw fast people can jump to conclusions based on one post.

slovakiasnextone 06-30-2009 04:19 PM

Adam Janosik was drafted by Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL.

Kamzik 06-30-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 20157518)
One more thing, I don´t think you´r the biggest idiot on hfboards, I just wanted to show you hw fast people can jump to conclusions based on one post.

Thanks! Likewise I realize I only know a small fraction of what guys like you and CzechExpert know, and I tend to be overly optimistic about Slovak hockey. I'll try to be more tolerable in the future.

slovakiasnextone 06-30-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 20161734)
Thanks! Likewise I realize I only know a small fraction of what guys like you and CzechExpert know, and I tend to be overly optimistic about Slovak hockey. I'll try to be more tolerable in the future.

Okay, cheers:handclap:

Hey, I don´t know anymore than you do, I´m just a hockey fan and it is normal that we won´t agree on everything.

To be honest, I´m not sure how much czechexpert knows myself, but I´m pretty sure that he knows more hockey than I do and ever will be.:D

Kamzik 07-06-2009 02:05 PM

Jaroslav Janus and Vladimír Mihálik were invited to the Tampa prospects camp. I wonder why they didn't invite Richard Panik. I imagine it is one of two things: his injury from the last game of the year with Trinec is not yet healed, or he is too young being born in 91 (in comparison Janus is 89 born and Mihalik is 87).

slovakiasnextone 07-06-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 20308342)
Jaroslav Janus and Vladimír Mihálik were invited to the Tampa prospects camp. I wonder why they didn't invite Richard Panik. I imagine it is one of two things: his injury from the last game of the year with Trinec is not yet healed, or he is too young being born in 91 (in comparison Janus is 89 born and Mihalik is 87).

I seriously doubt that it is the latter reason. I´ve read that his injury is the reason in some NA article, but he has said he´s 100% in a Slovak interview, so I don´t really know.

regulate 07-09-2009 02:57 AM

Juraj Mikus has been invited to the LA Kings training camp.