HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers Defence in 2005 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64067)

funky 03-22-2004 09:44 AM

Rangers Defence in 2005? Some Questions
 
Have not got the chance to see the Rangers play lately. I was aondering if I could get a little help in playing styles for some players and what your opinion is of there future next year. Thanks.

Lampman= Is he filling out or smallish, is he physical, who does he play like, will he make the team or is he a fringe player.

Tyutin= could he play on a top two pairing at 24 mins a game or where will he be?

Rachunek= whats he look like. Will he be a #3 one day like once predected?

Poti= Is he any better then last year or is he trade bait?

Mironov= He seems to have played okay, if he takes another low contract would he be welcomed back.


Thanks guys! Just have not had time to watch which sucks because they seem to have a fun team to watch.

ddheyman 03-22-2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky
Have not got the chance to see the Rangers play lately. I was aondering if I could get a little help in playing styles for some players and what your opinion is of there future next year. Thanks.

Lampman= Is he filling out or smallish, is he physical, who does he play like, will he make the team or is he a fringe player.

Tyutin= could he play on a top two pairing at 24 mins a game or where will he be?

Rachunek= whats he look like. Will he be a #3 one day like once predected?

Poti= Is he any better then last year or is he trade bait?

Mironov= He seems to have played okay, if he takes another low contract would he be welcomed back.


Thanks guys! Just have not had time to watch which sucks because they seem to have a fun team to watch.

I don't know ... but with Sather it wouldn't surprise me if Lidstrom and Pronger were anchoring the first pair. Not that that would be a bad pairing, just that that would sort of defeat the purpose of rebuilding.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-22-2004 10:13 AM

Only four locks, IMO, are Poti, Rachunak, Tyutin, and Kasparaitis.

Onion Boy 03-22-2004 10:32 AM

I'd love to get Matvichuk (he's an FA), but he probably won't want to come to a rebuilding team. Still though, I think we need another veteran presence on the blueline to mentor the kids. I don't think Kaspar's the man to do that.

sickboy35 03-22-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Only only four locks, IMO, are Poti, Rachunak, Tyutin, and Kasparaitis.


they need to get rid of poti!! he absolutely sucks!!! he would have been gone long before leetch imo!

Fletch 03-22-2004 10:42 AM

Upgrading Mironov...
 
if someone's available, wouldn't be anything horrible. It would still be a relatively young defense, with a couple vets (Mironov of UFA signee and Kaspar). Dale, Lampman and others can fight it out for that last spot.

BLACKBURN 03-22-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
if someone's available, wouldn't be anything horrible. It would still be a relatively young defense, with a couple vets (Mironov of UFA signee and Kaspar). Dale, Lampman and others can fight it out for that last spot.

Sadly dales not going to win any type of fight anymore, unless he can cheap shot someone and get a head start that is.......

vbox81 03-22-2004 11:11 AM

I like the idea of Tyutin, Lampman, and Rachunek providing the offensive half of the 3 pairs. THat leaves Kaspar to take one, Mironov and Tyutin seems good (nothing like consistency to shepherd a youngster) and the need for one tough type to go with Lampman (he would have to be very good as Lampman will be the slowest along).

Bluenote13 03-22-2004 11:11 AM

I expect Kondratiev to make the team out of camp.

True Blue 03-22-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Only four locks, IMO, are Poti, Rachunak, Tyutin, and Kasparaitis.

Agreed w/ that. We can actually take this a step or 2 further. Lampman should be making this team unless he's traded before that. If you have been impressed w/ Tyutin, then you have to be impressed w/ Lampman. The 2 have not been that much different, IMO. Also I agree w/ Bluenote. Kondratiev is probably going to make the team as well. he basically made the 'Leafs out of camp this year.
So there is your top 6 canditates at this moment. Signing a vet or 2 just to have Kondratiev & Lampman be your #7 or 8 defensemen is a waste of time and would hurt their further development. As I said, if Tyutin makes the top 6, then how can Lampman not?
The interesting part will come if Leetch decides that he wants to return to the team. Kasper is untradeable. And if Sather wanted to trade Porta, he would have done so at the deadline. To me, our D should look like this:
W/ Leetch W/O Leetch
Leetch-Tyutin Poti-Tyutin
Lampman-Kondratiev Rachunek-Kasper
Rachunek-Kasper Lampman-Kondratiev

Should be interesting if there is no season next year. Considering the fact that Baranka should be ready by then and Liffiton can make a case for himself as well. If we get lucky and nab Barker this year, it will make things even more interesting.

Son of Steinbrenner 03-22-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Agreed w/ that. We can actually take this a step or 2 further. Lampman should be making this team unless he's traded before that. If you have been impressed w/ Tyutin, then you have to be impressed w/ Lampman. The 2 have not been that much different, IMO. Also I agree w/ Bluenote. Kondratiev is probably going to make the team as well. he basically made the 'Leafs out of camp this year.
So there is your top 6 canditates at this moment. Signing a vet or 2 just to have Kondratiev & Lampman be your #7 or 8 defensemen is a waste of time and would hurt their further development. As I said, if Tyutin makes the top 6, then how can Lampman not?
The interesting part will come if Leetch decides that he wants to return to the team. Kasper is untradeable. And if Sather wanted to trade Porta, he would have done so at the deadline. To me, our D should look like this:
W/ Leetch W/O Leetch
Leetch-Tyutin Poti-Tyutin
Lampman-Kondratiev Rachunek-Kasper
Rachunek-Kasper Lampman-Kondratiev

Should be interesting if there is no season next year. Considering the fact that Baranka should be ready by then and Liffiton can make a case for himself as well. If we get lucky and nab Barker this year, it will make things even more interesting.

leetch is signed for next season. sadly he will playing in toronto next season. but if there is a lockout he could come back for the 2005-2006 season.

Fletch 03-22-2004 11:53 AM

I think Tyutin's been a good deal different...
 
than Lampman. Tyutin plays bigger, handles the puck better, is more poised, and seems to have a nicer point shot. I think positionally he's better too. I further think that Tyutin's going against tougher competition than Lampman. Lampman's looking fine, albeit unspectular. And honestly, at this point, he doesn't look much better than how Mottau looked - he too was pretty poised out there, but nothing spectacular - guess that's why I'm not getting overly-excited about Lampman, although he is only 21 currently and still has time to improve - Mottau came here at 23-ish, and there wasn't going to be much improvement.

As for Baranka and Liffiton...not sure what they'll be ready for...Hartford, is that what you're saying?

jas 03-22-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Agreed w/ that. We can actually take this a step or 2 further. Lampman should be making this team unless he's traded before that. If you have been impressed w/ Tyutin, then you have to be impressed w/ Lampman. The 2 have not been that much different, IMO. Also I agree w/ Bluenote. Kondratiev is probably going to make the team as well. he basically made the 'Leafs out of camp this year.
So there is your top 6 canditates at this moment. Signing a vet or 2 just to have Kondratiev & Lampman be your #7 or 8 defensemen is a waste of time and would hurt their further development. As I said, if Tyutin makes the top 6, then how can Lampman not?
The interesting part will come if Leetch decides that he wants to return to the team. Kasper is untradeable. And if Sather wanted to trade Porta, he would have done so at the deadline. To me, our D should look like this:
W/ Leetch W/O Leetch
Leetch-Tyutin Poti-Tyutin
Lampman-Kondratiev Rachunek-Kasper
Rachunek-Kasper Lampman-Kondratiev

Should be interesting if there is no season next year. Considering the fact that Baranka should be ready by then and Liffiton can make a case for himself as well. If we get lucky and nab Barker this year, it will make things even more interesting.

Not necessarily. He didn't have to trade poti at the deadline. He might not have liked what the offers were. Draft day is a whole other scenario. Maybe a team like Columbus or Atlanta, who has young talent, but, feels it needs to add NHL talent to make a move on a playoff spot, would be interested. Imagine Columbus with the #2, and the Rangers with #5 - if Columbus still thinks they can get a player they like at #5 plus add a puck-moving d-man like Poti, would they make a deal? How Atlanta at 8-10? They need a puck-moving d-man - would they take Poti and Toronto's #1 for their pick? Poti may still be here, but like deVries, there was no urgency to move Poti. Sather got the deal he wanted from Ottawa for DeVries. Now, with Tyutin and Rachunek here, and they probable arrival of Kondratiev, the return of Kasparitis, plus the development of Lampman, Poti (as if he wasn't in many minds already) is expendable IN THE RIGHT DEAL.

Fletch 03-22-2004 11:57 AM

I'm thinking Poti stays...
 
and to be honest, the guy's been playing mostly very well since Leetch leaving. He's all over the ice, and has been very good on the PP, especially at keeping the play going. He's not Leetch, but he's actually looking pretty good. His defense still isn't great shakes, but his offense has been quite good (I know the points aren't piling up, but the chances are there and getting some help up front wouldn't hurt).

jas 03-22-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
than Lampman. Tyutin plays bigger, handles the puck better, is more poised, and seems to have a nicer point shot. I think positionally he's better too. I further think that Tyutin's going against tougher competition than Lampman. Lampman's looking fine, albeit unspectular. And honestly, at this point, he doesn't look much better than how Mottau looked - he too was pretty poised out there, but nothing spectacular - guess that's why I'm not getting overly-excited about Lampman, although he is only 21 currently and still has time to improve - Mottau came here at 23-ish, and there wasn't going to be much improvement.

As for Baranka and Liffiton...not sure what they'll be ready for...Hartford, is that what you're saying?

Lampman's got a better frame than Mottau. Mottau was 5-11 at best. Lampman could stand to fill out a little, being 6-1 he could reach 200 by the the time he's 23-4 years old. I think Lampman's been steady. And, if he's going to be 5-6 d-man, that's all I'm looking for.

Kodiak 03-22-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
Lampman's got a better frame than Mottau. Mottau was 5-11 at best. Lampman could stand to fill out a little, being 6-1 he could reach 200 by the the time he's 23-4 years old. I think Lampman's been steady. And, if he's going to be 5-6 d-man, that's all I'm looking for.

I agree. You cannot compare Lampman to Mottau or even Tyutin for that matter. Lampman is not an offensive d-man, and I don't see why some people are making him out to be. The guy has a total of 15 pts in 103 AHL games. He's a defensive d-man in the mold of Sylvain Lefebvre. He's steady and unspectacular, not overly physical, and can make a decent first pass. That's it. And with the way our d has been the last few years and with the offensive d that we have coming up (Tyutin, Kondratiev, Rachunek), that's not a bad thing to be.

Fletch 03-22-2004 12:06 PM

He is 200...
 
and yeah, a #5/6 wouldn't be so bad, I agree, although I do hope the physical aspect of his game does pick up a bit. Might as well use that size.

True Blue 03-22-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
leetch is signed for next season. sadly he will playing in toronto next season. but if there is a lockout he could come back for the 2005-2006 season.

Wasn't the thread about 2005?

"As for Baranka and Liffiton...not sure what they'll be ready for...Hartford, is that what you're saying?"

Fletch, this is 2 years in the future. I'm saying that IF Baranka goes to Hartford next year and does well, then he will be in the mix for 2005. And Liffiton will be 21 and MAY be ready, considering that this has to be his last year of juniors eligibility. He's 19 now, so next year he will probably go to Hartford.

jas 03-22-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
and yeah, a #5/6 wouldn't be so bad, I agree, although I do hope the physical aspect of his game does pick up a bit. Might as well use that size.

I thought he was around 190.

True Blue 03-22-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
I agree. You cannot compare Lampman to Mottau or even Tyutin for that matter. Lampman is not an offensive d-man, and I don't see why some people are making him out to be. The guy has a total of 15 pts in 103 AHL games. He's a defensive d-man in the mold of Sylvain Lefebvre. He's steady and unspectacular, not overly physical, and can make a decent first pass. That's it. And with the way our d has been the last few years and with the offensive d that we have coming up (Tyutin, Kondratiev, Rachunek), that's not a bad thing to be.

If you were refering to me, I am not mistaking Lampman for being offensive. I just said that he has been every bit as good defensively as Tyutin has. And if his ceiling is that of a young (Colarado) Lefebvre, is that such a bad thing? Like you, I think that on the 3rd pairing, he would be just fine. No need to import a pricier vet.

jas 03-22-2004 12:18 PM

Actually, TB...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
If you were refering to me, I am not mistaking Lampman for being offensive. I just said that he has been every bit as good defensively as Tyutin has. And if his ceiling is that of a young (Colarado) Lefebvre, is that such a bad thing? Like you, I think that on the 3rd pairing, he would be just fine. No need to import a pricier vet.

I think someone else looked at Lampman as an offensive d-man, which I don't see. He can make a good pass out of the defensive zone, and I have seen him move up ice a couple of times, but, for the most part, his safe, unspectacular game is what makes him attractive to me as a #5/6 d-man.

Fletch 03-22-2004 12:20 PM

Sorry TB...
 
kept thinking of '04-'05, not '05-'06.

Park #2 03-22-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbox81
I like the idea of Tyutin, Lampman, and Rachunek providing the offensive half of the 3 pairs. THat leaves Kaspar to take one, Mironov and Tyutin seems good (nothing like consistency to shepherd a youngster) and the need for one tough type to go with Lampman (he would have to be very good as Lampman will be the slowest along).

Lampman is not offensive at all. Mironov is a UFA.

Son of Steinbrenner 03-22-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
kept thinking of '04-'05, not '05-'06.

me too

JR#9* 03-22-2004 12:34 PM

I think Sly is a pretty decent comparison of what Lampman may become and if he can do that and play on the 3rd pair I'd love it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.