HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The New Rant Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=640816)

Penscup1991 05-08-2009 09:58 PM

The New Rant Thread

I am shocked by the number of posts calling for Jose tomorrow night or saying he should have played tonight. Varly has kept you in this series. He was phenominal in the first three games and mearly average tonight. He has shown signs of being a goalie of the future. If bb pulls him now, he will be stunted in his development. Just ask Fluery about the effect of Therian in WBS. As a Pens fan, I have no problem with that, but think it would be a big mistake.

WharfRat 05-08-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penscup1991 (Post 19484827)
I am shocked by the number of posts calling for Jose tomorrow night or saying he should have played tonight. Varly has kept you in this series. He was phenominal in the first three games and mearly average tonight. He has shown signs of being a goalie of the future. If bb pulls him now, he will be stunted in his development. Just ask Fluery about the effect of Therian in WBS. As a Pens fan, I have no problem with that, but think it would be a big mistake.

As a Pens fan, you should know how to spell the name of your goalie.

cleaver 05-08-2009 10:13 PM

The argument would be rest him for game 6, but I agree with you. Dance with the girl that brung you.

Backstrom #19 05-08-2009 10:16 PM

Nobody is leaving the Varly bandwagon...I'm one of the only ones wanting Jose in game 5...I still believe Varly is the guy, and would start him the rest of the playoffs, but he struggled today, and it's a back-to-back. I would start Jose, but Varly is still the guy.

BrooklynCapsFan 05-08-2009 10:16 PM

Tool bait.

dbui72 05-08-2009 11:08 PM

I see no problem or antagonizing tone with his post. He is paying a compliment to Vraly. Ease up on him, he has a valid point.

Anyhow I am still on the Vraly bandwagon, he was bound to have a bad game maybe he is fatigued. Fluery is still playing fine.

I rather have a tired Vraly than a rested Theo.

WharfRat 05-08-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbui72 (Post 19485578)
I see no problem or antagonizing tone with his post. He is paying a compliment to Vraly. Ease up on him, he has a valid point.

Anyhow I am still on the Vraly bandwagon, he was bound to have a bad game maybe he is fatigued. Fluery is still playing fine.

I rather have a tired Vraly than a rested Theo.

Vraly?

Potenza 05-08-2009 11:15 PM

I've noticed in the couple games that I've watched of the Pens Caps series that Varlamov seems to go down early. I had a feeling that he would come down to earth in the game tonight. It seems new goalies do good extrodinarily well till teams figure out the goalie. Then once teams figure out the goalie & get a book on him then you can see how good the goalie actually is. I wouldn't be suprised if Varlamov gets a rest tomorrow.

untouchable21 05-08-2009 11:33 PM

VARLAMOV AND THE WHOLE CAPS TEAM WILL HAVE AN AMAZING GAME 5. THEY WILL BE HEADED BACK TO PITTSBURGH WITH THE 3 GAMES TO 2 SERIES LEAD.:handclap:

WORRY NOT ABOUT VARLAMOV. THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!!!:nod:

binary0x01 05-08-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable21 (Post 19485845)
VARLAMOV AND THE WHOLE CAPS TEAM WILL HAVE AN AMAZING GAME 5. THEY WILL BE HEADED BACK TO PITTSBURGH WITH THE 3 GAMES TO 2 SERIES LEAD.:handclap:

WORRY NOT ABOUT VARLAMOV. THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!!!:nod:

I'm with this d00d!:nod:

HockeyThoughts 05-09-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binary0x01 (Post 19485916)
I'm with this d00d!:nod:

Ditto.

Varly was hung out to dry on a bunch of those goals today, some terrible defensive play was the cause of the goals, not Varly imo.

El Maestro 05-09-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun (Post 19486498)
Varly was hung out to dry on a bunch of those goals today, some terrible defensive play was the cause of the goals, not Varly imo.

Agree with that, our defense was horrible yesterday, 3 of the Pens goals came because of our defense, not because of Varly.

heater123 05-09-2009 03:42 AM

JW, what happened to Nylander?

Sens fan here, don't really follow you guys much aside from post-season play.. what happened to him? He played all season if i recall correctly..

The Viking Fury 05-09-2009 04:21 AM

You don't recall correctly.

The Viking Fury 05-09-2009 04:22 AM

He had his first bad game the whole playoffs. It's all good.

Francesa 05-09-2009 06:33 AM

He played like 2 games in the Rangers series and 1 in the Pens series so far.

WharfRat 05-09-2009 07:21 AM

He's terrible, so he's riding the pine. He's your if you want him.

fsnoles98 05-09-2009 07:30 AM

We are a regular season team, not a playoff team at this point.

I feel we have a team that through the season we could do as we wanted to, open it up and rely on our skill. Our team was not built for the rigorous playoff schedule. It has been proven so far in each series and is even now more of an eye opener with the Pens just physically pounding us. Our defense does not clear out the front of the net, too many odd man rushes and when our forwards start to get hit they disappear (ie Semin, Flash, Fehr). Hopefully thing change in game 5, but just a few thoughts.

Opinions??

alex2792* 05-09-2009 08:01 AM

Yup, too many of our forwards and some dmen(I'm looking at you Green and Pothier) are not willing to take a hit to make that extra pass or clear the puck. I can somewhat understand Pothier given his big time concussion but Green's middle name should be charmin with the way he has played in these playoffs. Morrison would cough up the puck rather then get checked by a mite on ice. Semin looks like he's nursing an injury, Fleishbum, well he just sucks like usual, Fehr plays like a 5'2 100lb schoolgirl and Clark is either really awful, really rusty or both. When our best offensive player delivers more hits then our top defensive pairing something is very wrong.

RandyHolt 05-09-2009 08:39 AM

Opinions, dont start a thread on every knee jerk thought. We are in the playoffs.

strungout 05-09-2009 09:10 AM

We??

dbui72 05-09-2009 09:12 AM

I totally agree with the original poster. We do not have the tenacity that I have seen in previous years. I do not think it is a knee jerk reaction, because I have seen it since the Rangers series.

He made valid points, which I have seen. We need outlet passes from the d instead of blindly tossing it out along the boards to be trapped in the neutral zone and capped in by the Pens. That is why we get worn down. Our forecheck is just someone skating casually in their zone to be a scarecrow. This supposedly one of the biggest teams, plays like they are a bunch of southern belles afraid of getting their dresses dirty.

Win or lose, we do not have the components for a true contender now. Even if we made it out of the Pens series, I can say it was because of Vraly who saved us with only AO, Bradley, Erskine, and Bradley as honorable mentions. Well we atleast have two games to change my mind, maybe the sleeper will awaken.

Our d is not a contender corp yet. I am a Caps fan and one for several years. I root for them win or lose, but just saying and not trying to being a homer.

Its not over yet, but even if it ends this series we are progressing in the right direction with one playoff series win.

txpd 05-09-2009 10:05 AM

I think this really depends on your definition of regular season team. I see the complaints about not being physical enough, but that is not Boston's problem. Are they a regular season team?

Regular season teams don't advance to the second round as a rule at least in my view. They are tied after 4 games with a team generally considered to be an equal. Do they need to make the conference finals in order NOT to be a regular season team?

Green and Pothier the smallest defensemen that the Caps have. They are not typically going to be physical. Jurcina has been very physical as has Morrisonn and Erskine. Would you like to trade off all the puck movers from big guys? I am sure the Caps could get Mike Commodore for Mike Green straight up.

XDC-RES 05-09-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 19487979)
We??

Don't start this. If people feel a connection to the team and say "we" then what harm does it do to you? Let people cheer for their team in their own way. Not everything has to be the way "you" would do it.

The Viking Fury 05-09-2009 10:34 AM

This is a team that won 5 playoff games in a row before wednesday. Just because only one team wins the stanley cup does not mean the other 29 teams are "regular season only" teams.

Yes it sucks to have squandered game 3, and it sucks especially because its the penguins, but let's get a grip people. Would you rather be watching a lottery team all season long?