HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Did the Habs crappy performance in the playoffs screw the Bruins?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=640867)

loudi94 05-09-2009 12:53 AM

Did the Habs crappy performance in the playoffs screw the Bruins??
 
Clearly the Bruins that played the Habs isn't the looking nearly as strong as the one that is losing to Carolina. With all due respect to Carolina, did the Bruins first round series leave them ill prepared to face Carolina.

Once again the Habs dash the Bruins hope of playoff glory.:sarcasm:;)

vokiel 05-09-2009 01:07 AM

I don't think so. That's a wild hypothesis to be honest. If anything, their performance right now just means the Habs were really playing like shiat.

Here's one I find more plausible:

Thomas ran out of gas and the Bs backup goalie wants to retire after this season (rumor).

;)

Habs 05-09-2009 01:13 AM

I have a couple theories :

1. Boston is missing that character center.
2. Boston's defense is being exposed by speed down low.
3. First adversity of the year
4. I'm cheering for them. That's my little gift to the the Bruins, they can have the same curse that I put on my beloved Habs when I cheer for them. I knew they were doomed the minute I started being a closet B's fan.

Ozymandias 05-09-2009 01:16 AM

I think it is plausible that beating the Habs in four games gave them a false confidence, not realizing that they didn't go up against the real Habs, who were decimated by injuries.

That might've played into their minds. Hopefuly.

LyricalLyricist 05-09-2009 01:27 AM

Perhaps, but lets not give credit to ourselves...especially not under these circumstances. The bruins are being outplayed. It's hard to maintain such a dominate performance for an entire year, and it's catching up to them. They can be beaten and credit paul maurice and the hurricanes for finding out how. Besides, two words...CAM WARD, is this guy a playoff stud or what?

TomPlex 05-09-2009 01:38 AM

Give me a break. This team is exactly like we were last season except a little bit better. They rarely faced adversity. They were getting secondary scoring for the ENTIRE season.

It's simple: when Michael Ryder manages to score 27 goals in a season, you know things are going well.

The ONLY reason why we lost that series is because we were lacking the man-power. Josh Gorges should NEVER be on our #1 PP unit.

/thread

peperebougon* 05-09-2009 01:38 AM

They just faced a team with its 2 best d-man, their best center, their best winger not injured...and will get eliminated in round 2. Add to that the fact that half the Hurricanes team is not injured like the habs were.

Typical Bruins.

I still think with our full line-up, we would be the ones to get beaten by the Canes:laugh:

McTusk 05-09-2009 01:40 AM

The Bruins came back from 3-1 against the Habs last year to push a game 7, it's still possible for them to change this series.

These premature threads are a dime a dozen on HFBoards, wait for the seires to end.

Also, it just fuels more ridicule for Habs fans acting like little *****es. The Bruins were the better team in round 1, excuses are for losers.

Crap, I can't believe I sound like BigTimer.

Artyukhin* 05-09-2009 01:41 AM

its just boston being boston;)

TomPlex 05-09-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 19486730)
The Bruins came back from 3-1 against the Habs last year to push a game 7, it's still possible for them to change this series.

These premature threads are a dime a dozen on HFBoards, wait for the seires to end.

Also, it just fuels more ridicule for Habs fans acting like little *****es. The Bruins were the better team in round 1, excuses are for losers.

Crap, I can't believe I sound like BigTimer.

You know why I hate this forum? Because of people like you. Not everything in the NHL is measured by wins. Effort is not measured by shots nor by number of goals. You say that they were the better team because they swept us, right?

I'm sick of this attitude. Bottom line is that we matched up with the team very often during the season and just couldn't score for our lives. Look at game #2 for example: how many of the Bruins goals were due to SUSTAINED pressure? I can recall at least 2 of the 5 that were scored seconds after zone entry because of a poor play here and there by our defensemen (Hnidy's and Ryder's).

Answer me this: why did the Bruins come out so poorly in all of those games? Why did they only manage to take the momentum when we let in a goal? FFS, we played nearly perfect first periods in games 3 and 4 and still managed to enter the intermission either tied or down 1.

My point here is that they got VERY lucky at times. Sure, they played well for the most part. But to say that we're making excuses is complete BS and you're clearly a fan that loves to cling to stats instead of reality.

Bottom line is that "experts" were predicting Boston in 4 NOT in the way they saw. We were never supposed to have a chance AT ALL. Yet somehow we managed to come back in game 1, control the first 10 minutes in game 2, and control the first periods of games 3 and 4. We were an extremely fragile team and every goal against killed ANY momentum we had going. THIS IS WHY WE LOST THE SERIES. FRAGILITY.

Vic Rattlehead* 05-09-2009 01:53 AM

Yes, the Bruins losing to the Habs made Carolina a better team. :rolleyes:

Some of you need to start giving credit where credit is due. The Hurricanes are about to take out another division winner.

peperebougon* 05-09-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 19486730)
The Bruins came back from 3-1 against the Habs last year to push a game 7, it's still possible for them to change this series.

These premature threads are a dime a dozen on HFBoards, wait for the seires to end.

Also, it just fuels more ridicule for Habs fans acting like little *****es. The Bruins were the better team in round 1, excuses are for losers.

Crap, I can't believe I sound like BigTimer.

I'd love to be your boss when you get to work sick and tell you your work is being affected. You'd say but I am sick...I'd gladly tell you EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS. The habs gave all they've got and lost in 4. Wether you like it or not...injuries have been a huge factor. Get real. One liners like that just make me sick. FYI, none of the players took that as an excuse, we are the ones to analyse the situation and yes...injuries had a big say into the outcome of the series. Like it or not.

Vic Rattlehead* 05-09-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead (Post 19486789)
Yes, the Habs losing to the Bruins made Carolina a better team. :rolleyes:

Some of you need to start giving credit where credit is due. The Hurricanes are about to take out another division winner.

Fixed....it's been a long day.

McTusk 05-09-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPlex (Post 19486776)
You know why I hate this forum? Because of people like you.

Oh man, you just made my HFBoards day, that is the best response I've ever gotten.

I've seen more injury depleted teams advance in the playoffs than this year's Habs.

I just get sick of people trying to justify every little thing about the Habs sucking in the playoffs. This team was a mess for so long and backed into the playoffs. The opposite of the Hurricanes. That's why the Bruins are losing, it has nothing to do with Montreal.

Bad Natey 05-09-2009 02:10 AM

In my opinion, Boston has two top-4 defenseman. That's it. And only Dennis Wideman is playing as well as he did during the season.

Chara has been pretty brutal against the Canes.

Stuart and Monty have played well, but they are what they are.

Ozymandias 05-09-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 19486828)
Oh man, you just made my HFBoards day, that is the best response I've ever gotten.

I've seen more injury depleted teams advance in the playoffs than this year's Habs.

I just get sick of people trying to justify every little thing about the Habs sucking in the playoffs. This team was a mess for so long and backed into the playoffs. The opposite of the Hurricanes. That's why the Bruins are losing, it has nothing to do with Montreal.

NAME me just ONE team, one example, of a team that didn't have its MVP, its best centerman, its best winger (as he had a better PPG than Kovy) and its best shot on the PP were ALL injured. Also, among the four players, in that example, one of them HAS to be the MVP of the team as Markov was, AND that team entered in 8th position and beat the #1 seed.



I'll be waiting, very patiently.



Also, they are both right. The players have to respond to the media and fans and THEY didn't use excuses.

But if one ANALYZES the situation, one doesn't make up excuses, one finds the facts and understands them, which is something you seem incapable of.

Bad Natey 05-09-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPlex (Post 19486714)
It's simple: when Michael Ryder manages to score 27 goals in a season, you know things are going well.

/thread

What?

Over his career, Ryder has averaged 27-goals per full season and he was on pace for a 30-goal this season had he not been injured. Ryder had one poor half-season at the beginning of last year and aside from that, he's been very good at putting pucks in the net.

Not to mention, he's been an absolute beast in the playoffs for Boston, scoring 10 points (5-goals) in 8 games played.

So, you must mean that whatever team Ryder is on, has success. If not, your post makes no sense.

GNick42 05-09-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94 (Post 19486436)
Clearly the Bruins that played the Habs isn't the looking nearly as strong as the one that is losing to Carolina. With all due respect to Carolina, did the Bruins first round series leave them ill prepared to face Carolina.

Once again the Habs dash the Bruins hope of playoff glory.:sarcasm:;)

I agree....B's had a cakewalk with us injury riddled. Easy series and 10 day off, they don't have the focus they had against us. I remember one year, can't recall what year it was, we swept a weak Toronto team in four straight, then we faced a tougher Boston team. Habs were better team but they caught us flatfooted. We came back to win series but by skin of our team. Boston got penalty in dying minutes and Lafleur scored to tie game. Then we won in overtime. It was that close.

BTW, Staal is playing awesome...if we can ever sign a big name UFA??? Hope it is somebody who plays in the playoffs and not Thornton, Marleau or Spezza.

Kriss E 05-09-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 19486730)
The Bruins came back from 3-1 against the Habs last year to push a game 7, it's still possible for them to change this series.

These premature threads are a dime a dozen on HFBoards, wait for the seires to end.

Also, it just fuels more ridicule for Habs fans acting like little *****es. The Bruins were the better team in round 1, excuses are for losers.

Crap, I can't believe I sound like BigTimer.

The Bruins came back from a 3-1 deficit last year, but they were still playing quite well.
The Canes tonight dominated them, and they've dominated them for 2 games now. Except for the 1st game where the Bruins dominated and the 3rd where it was tight.

It's not quite the same situation. This year the Canes are on fire. We weren't playing as inspired and well as the Canes are this year.

That being said, Boston could still come back, but it'll be hard vs a team playing so well and most importantly, vs a Cam Ward playing like he wants the Conn Smythe.


As for the Habs this year. Injuries aren't excuses, their facts.
If you can't see that the injuries were clearly an important factor in our bad play and loss then you're clueless.

peperebougon* 05-09-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 19486828)
Oh man, you just made my HFBoards day, that is the best response I've ever gotten.

I've seen more injury depleted teams advance in the playoffs than this year's Habs.

I just get sick of people trying to justify every little thing about the Habs sucking in the playoffs. This team was a mess for so long and backed into the playoffs. The opposite of the Hurricanes. That's why the Bruins are losing, it has nothing to do with Montreal.

Go ahead, let go of your violin and enlighten us please... we're waiting!!!

Kriss E 05-09-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 19486891)
I'll be waiting, very patiently.

You'll be waiting for a long time as it never happened, but I am looking forward to his answer.

McTusk 05-09-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peperebougon (Post 19487077)
Go ahead, let go of your violin and enlighten us please... we're waiting!!!

The 2002 Leafs went to the conference finals without 3 of their top 4 scorers, including their MVP Sundin.

peperebougon* 05-09-2009 03:33 AM

wich players? just to know...

I love when people take something that happened once in maybe 100 years and states that as it was something common. Because the Leafs won 2 rounds without Sundin who actually played some playoff games, the first 3 if I remember correctly.(and who else please?), it means injuries mean nothing?

I checked it out and the isles too had key injuries in 2002 playoffs. Add to that a bad Isles team to boot, with their best player (Yashin hurt too). It mentions Reichel, Corson, Yushkevich and Roberts, Lumme PLAYED trough injuries. The Leafs still had more talent on the team...cannot compare to the Bruins' 2009 edition. AT ALL.

Edit: Renberg was injured too... but they did beat a good Sens team (chokers though)

Schooner Guy 05-09-2009 03:44 AM

In 2007-08, the Habs went 8 and 0 versus the Bruins because the Bruins D couldn't sustain the pressure of the Habs speedy forwards attacking up front. Habs also got much better puck movement from their D in 07-08 which created a quicker transition game. For whatever reason, Habs forwards didn't have this high tempo in their offensive game in 2008-09 and we all know how bad their D was but the Hurricanes are playing this high tempo attack and they are exposing the Bruins slow footed defencemen.

The Bruins are still a deeply talented team (much deeper and talented than 2007-08) but it's going to be difficult to win three in a row versus Cam Ward and this energetic Canes team.

Kimota 05-09-2009 06:26 AM

Anyway I have to say this is great, sublime and fantastic. I cannot believe the Ruins are losing to a team of softies like the Hurricanes. Chara fear the Jussi!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.