HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   News Article: Gonchar out several weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=640971)

Habs 1909 05-09-2009 01:48 PM

Gonchar out several weeks

Per TSN

Breaking News:
Sources tell TSN Sergei Gonchar is expected to miss the next several weeks with an apparent knee injury.

OSUlakers 05-09-2009 01:55 PM

my opinion to the incident was that gonchar was trying to avoid a hit and instead got knee to knee contact. it was not on purpose, gonchar jumped out of the way at the last minute and thats what happens

bgroban 05-09-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainKomisarek (Post 19489877)
Per TSN

Breaking News:
Sources tell TSN Sergei Gonchar is expected to miss the next several weeks with an apparent knee injury.

Here's the link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278120

Hate seeing anyone injured, but from a series standpoint, Gonchar's absence helps us big-time. Might even tilt things back in our favor. LGC! :yo:

HSHS 05-09-2009 01:56 PM

It looked ugly. Mcl strain was my first thought as it looked like AO hit the inside of his knee

I was shocked when there was discussion that he's day to day.

While I hope gonchar recovers, I hope its this summer. **** happens and this is something bettman can't fix for all those conspiracy lovers.
I want to beat this team at whatever cost. I really don't care what it takes.

OSUlakers 05-09-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 19489972)

yeah, i hate the pens more than any team

The Viking Fury 05-09-2009 01:58 PM

I look forward to everyone who isn't a Caps fan jumping off the AO bandwagon.

bgroban 05-09-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUlakers (Post 19489989)

As someone who watched Mario + Pens own us throughout the 80s/90s, can't even begin to tell you how much I dislike that franchise. Respect, yes. Like, absolutely not.

HSHS 05-09-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUlakers (Post 19489989)

Sounds unbiased to me! ;)

Lixxiq 05-09-2009 02:11 PM

Congrats Ovechkin...:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Atlas 05-09-2009 02:13 PM

I love Gonch, and hate to see anyone get injured. AO has been ringing Gonch's bell since before the Caps drafted him. Vech seems to know how to find him. Gonch knows this and tried to bail on this play. It was a clean play that Gonch made ugly.

Prez_USA 05-09-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgroban (Post 19489970)
Here's the link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278120

Hate seeing anyone injured, but from a series standpoint, Gonchar's absence helps us big-time. Might even tilt things back in our favor. LGC! :yo:

You stay classy, Washington.

vh resurrected 05-09-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 19489972)
It looked ugly. Mcl strain was my first thought as it looked like AO hit the inside of his knee

I was shocked when there was discussion that he's day to day.

While I hope gonchar recovers, I hope its this summer. **** happens and this is something bettman can't fix for all those conspiracy lovers.

Sounds like a vague version of something a stupid 17 year old Pens fan was arrested for recently. I think a series win that comes from dirty play is tainted. If that's how you have to win, you don't deserve it. I think Ovechkin is a great player, don't get me wrong. I just think he plays with reckless abandon and gets away with it simply because he's great.

Backstrom #19 05-09-2009 02:40 PM

Is the Penguins board broken? Why are they all here?

HSHS 05-09-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prez_USA (Post 19490251)

Who cares. You don't win by being classy on the playing surface. Six rings should teach you something.

The Viking Fury 05-09-2009 02:55 PM

hahaha "stay classy Washington" like if we went over to the pens board there wouldn't be posts upon posts calling for ovechkin to be wrecked BEFORE the gonchar hit.

This whole obsession with "classy" is such hypocrisy it's borderline ludicrous. Now, of course I don't want to see dirty plays, but I'm not going to sit here, on the Caps message board, and be chided by fans who rallied around Brooks Orpik when he broke Erik Cole's neck with a knee to the head.

bgroban 05-09-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prez_USA (Post 19490251)

Right, because my opinion is representative of the entire Caps' fanbase and I have the final word.

I think some people take HFBoards a little too seriously.

bgroban 05-09-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 19490481)
Who cares. You don't win by being classy on the playing surface. Six rings should teach you something.

Don't waste your time - I think that poster is a little too young to know that stuff. Probably only been a Pens fan since 2005, anyways. :laugh:

Foy 05-09-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vh resurrected (Post 19490401)
Sounds like a vague version of something a stupid 17 year old Pens fan was arrested for recently. I think a series win that comes from dirty play is tainted. If that's how you have to win, you don't deserve it. I think Ovechkin is a great player, don't get me wrong. I just think he plays with reckless abandon and gets away with it simply because he's great.

So you are willing to give up Crosby's hat trick in game 2? That was far dirtier than why Ovy did.

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-09-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUlakers (Post 19489965)
my opinion to the incident was that gonchar was trying to avoid a hit and instead got knee to knee contact. it was not on purpose, gonchar jumped out of the way at the last minute and thats what happens

i think thats what happened but i think ovechkin still wanted to get a piece of him and stuck his leg out. im sure he regrets doing it but it was just an instinct at the moment

bgroban 05-09-2009 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=vh resurrected;19490401]Sounds like a vague version of something a stupid 17 year old Pens fan was arrested for recently. I think a series win that comes from dirty play is tainted. If that's how you have to win, you don't deserve it. I think Ovechkin is a great player, don't get me wrong. I just think he plays with reckless abandon and gets away with it simply because he's great.[/QUOTE]

Guess he missed the memo that he's supposed to tip-toe and be courteous on the ice, huh?

Terrapin 05-09-2009 03:09 PM

I don't think Ovy is the one that needs to keep his head up tonight. Guys like Green and Semen may be playing in their last game of the season. If a cheap shot w/ intent to injure only gets a 2 minute minor, guys like Cooke, Orpik, Kennedy, etc won't be holding back, especially if they get up by a few.

Prez_USA 05-09-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 19490609)
So you are willing to give up Crosby's hat trick in game 2? That was far dirtier than why Ovy did.

Deal! I'll give up Crosby's meaningless trick in game 2 if it means that a cheap-shot artist gets a game or two.

Prez_USA 05-09-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 (Post 19490451)
Is the Penguins board broken? Why are they all here?

Because there is little productivity or point in preaching to the choir.

WcRoenick97 05-09-2009 03:20 PM

Ovechkin breaks other Russian machine.

brs03 05-09-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapin (Post 19490692)
I don't think Ovy is the one that needs to keep his head up tonight. Guys like Green and Semen may be playing in their last game of the season. If a cheap shot w/ intent to injure only gets a 2 minute minor, guys like Cooke, Orpik, Kennedy, etc won't be holding back, especially if they get up by a few.

The only cheap shot with intent to injure (or, rather, anything close to intent to injure) in this series didn't get called a penalty at all on the ice, and resulted in a $2500 fine.