HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Nyr-edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=640985)

damicius 05-09-2009 01:28 PM

Nyr-edm

Gomez+Sjostrom for Horcoff+Penner

Sjostrom is good 3rd line player, who cant get the chance in NY, Voros can play the 4th line with Betts and Orr.

Horcoff needs new challenge, Penner is overpaid, so he will fit in Rangers team.

Gomez has 7,35 caphit vs. Horcoff 5,5 +Penner 4,25
Rangers can afford it.

Drop the Sopel 05-09-2009 01:33 PM

Why would the Rangers want to downgrade at centre only to add more salary? Zero reason for N.Y. to make that trade.

Good trade for Edmonton. If for no other reason than to get rid of Dustin Penner.

Burlington Bomb 26 05-09-2009 01:37 PM

No..

Milan the God* 05-09-2009 01:38 PM

I don't think the Rangers should make a trade that adds them salary right now.

oilers_guy_eddie 05-09-2009 01:47 PM

As much complaining as I've done about Horcoff's new contract, I'd much rather have him at $5.5m than Gomez at 2 million more. Horcoff does a lot of things that Gomez can't, and for a guy who's supposedly paid big money to produce offense, Gomez hasn't done a very good job of that either.

Drop the Sopel 05-09-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie (Post 19490507)
As much complaining as I've done about Horcoff's new contract, I'd much rather have him at $5.5m than Gomez at 2 million more. Horcoff does a lot of things that Gomez can't, and for a guy who's supposedly paid big money to produce offense, Gomez hasn't done a very good job of that either.

You forgot to mention Dustin Penner. Getting rid of that anchor is well worth the flip of Horcoff to Gomez.

Without Penner in the deal it makes little sense for the Oilers, with him in the deal it's a win.

Valic 05-09-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 19490622)
You forgot to mention Dustin Penner. Getting rid of that anchor is well worth the flip of Horcoff to Gomez.

Without Penner in the deal it makes little sense for the Oilers, with him in the deal it's a win.

Just like most, you think Penner is alot worse than he is.

Penner only has 3 years left, was the best +/- forward on the Oilers, and is going to for the first time as an Oiler, play for a Coach who doesn't hate him.

Penner has averaged 20 goals, and 22 assists a year as an Oiler.
Is he overpaid? Obviously, but he is still a useful and effective player when used properly.

People freaking about about having to pay people to take Penner is asinine. He very clearly fits in the mold of the new GM's plans, and I suspect you will see a very different Dustin Penner next year.

oilers_guy_eddie 05-09-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 19490622)

Nah. Penner has no value right now, obviously, but it's not like the Oilers are loaded with better options at LW. It's not like he's just taking a roster space away from some budding star. He's scored 40 goals in 2 seasons, and again while that's disappointing for what he's getting paid, the Oilers aren't loaded with LW who'd do better. I'm definitely willing to give him another season, because there's basically no downside. At worst, he disappoints again, in which case he could be bought out next summer for $6 million, just in time for the raises the Oilers will need to give some of the young guys.. That's not really that bad.

Bottom line, this trade definitely makes the Oilers worse.

mariolemieux66 05-09-2009 02:20 PM

Montreal will take Penner of you.
What do you want?

Drop the Sopel 05-09-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valic (Post 19490718)
Just like most, you think Penner is alot worse than he is.

Penner only has 3 years left, was the best +/- forward on the Oilers, and is going to for the first time as an Oiler, play for a Coach who doesn't hate him.

Penner has averaged 20 goals, and 22 assists a year as an Oiler.
Is he overpaid? Obviously, but he is still a useful and effective player when used properly.

People freaking about about having to pay people to take Penner is asinine. He very clearly fits in the mold of the new GM's plans, and I suspect you will see a very different Dustin Penner next year.

This could be the case. Players have been known to flourish under some coaches and struggle under others.

On the other hand, Dustin Penner's indifference and laid back attitude is the culture the Oilers are trying to leave behind. If there are any takers I think you'll see Nilsson and Penner shipped out this summer.

I'm also not convinced Penner fits the mold of what Tambellini is looking for. The Oilers do want to get bigger but they also want to get grittier and and harder to play against. Penner only fills one of those criteria.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 05-09-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damicius (Post 19490335)
Gomez+Sjostrom for Horcoff+Penner

Sjostrom is good 3rd line player, who cant get the chance in NY, Voros can play the 4th line with Betts and Orr.

Horcoff needs new challenge, Penner is overpaid, so he will fit in Rangers team.

Gomez has 7,35 caphit vs. Horcoff 5,5 +Penner 4,25
Rangers can afford it.

DISSSS

Valic 05-09-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 19491003)
This could be the case. Players have been known to flourish under some coaches and struggle under others.

On the other hand, Dustin Penner's indifference and laid back attitude is the culture the Oilers are trying to leave behind. If there are any takers I think you'll see Nilsson and Penner shipped out this summer.

I'm also not convinced Penner fits the mold of what Tambellini is looking for. The Oilers do want to get bigger but they also want to get grittier and and harder to play against. Penner only fills one of those criteria.

I would be pretty indefferent if half the stuff MacT spewed about Penner and Nilsson, sometimes completely uncalled for, was said about me.

Size is going to be a premium for the Oilers, and I don't see them giving up on Penner.

4rde 05-09-2009 03:03 PM

No from Edmonton point of view, Horcoff is very important player for them. Yes Penner might be pain in the ass right now but who knows if he can turn it around.

HabsInsideOut 05-09-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 (Post 19490787)
Montreal will take Penner of you.
What do you want?

um no we won't

madpooh 05-09-2009 04:03 PM

Anyone else really hope this happens just to see Hemsky & Gomez on the same line. Maybe they can then trade for PMB.

ecemleafs 05-09-2009 07:02 PM

what about gomez for penner and chorney?

Phaser 05-09-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19493638)
what about gomez for penner and chorney?

that would leave us with Gomez, Horcoff, Cogliano, Gagner, and Brodziak down the middle. If we trade for a centre, we have to have one going the other way

funky 05-10-2009 11:08 AM

A Gomez for Penner and Shremp would be a better trade in my mind. NYR has to shed at least one huge contract and does need size.

Brian28 05-10-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 19501995)
A Gomez for Penner and Shremp would be a better trade in my mind. NYR has to shed at least one huge contract and does need size.

It's highly unlikely Edmonton would be in a position to add salary though. At the least the $$$ going back would have to equal Gomez's salary or Edmonton would look elsewhere.

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian28 (Post 19502248)
It's highly unlikely Edmonton would be in a position to add salary though. At the least the $$$ going back would have to equal Gomez's salary or Edmonton would look elsewhere.

im not sure what edmonton's finances are but gomez has made more money than the cap hit with the rangers so far. so in actual dollars edmonton will be paying him less than the cap hit if they traded for him. the problem with the oilers as a trade partner is that we wouldnt want any of your centers back either because we are deep at center.

blackcoffee 05-10-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19502353)
im not sure what edmonton's finances are but gomez has made more money than the cap hit with the rangers so far. so in actual dollars edmonton will be paying him less than the cap hit if they traded for him. the problem with the oilers as a trade partner is that we wouldnt want any of your centers back either because we are deep at center.

Cap hit is all that matters. They have a new owner, a very very rich one.

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcoffee (Post 19502385)
Cap hit is all that matters. They have a new owner, a very very rich one.

hmm....i really do think gomez would excel in edmonton but they dont seem to have a great need for gomez without getting rid of cogliano and his huge cap hit for many years.

SouvenirCity 05-10-2009 07:11 PM

Penner + Souray for Gomez + Redden

oilers_guy_eddie 05-11-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouvenirCity (Post 19507953)
Penner + Souray for Gomez + Redden

No thank you, with extreme prejudice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19502403)
hmm....i really do think gomez would excel in edmonton but they dont seem to have a great need for gomez without getting rid of cogliano and his huge cap hit for many years.

You mean Horcoff and his huge cap hit of many years? (because Cogliano's cap hit isn't huge, and he isn't signed for many years.)

Again, no way in hell would I deal Horcoff for Gomez.

ecemleafs 05-11-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie (Post 19512294)
No thank you, with extreme prejudice.

You mean Horcoff and his huge cap hit of many years? (because Cogliano's cap hit isn't huge, and he isn't signed for many years.)

Again, no way in hell would I deal Horcoff for Gomez.

yeah i meant horcoff. and you really would be completely against a gomez for horcoff trade straight up? horcoff is a year older and signed to a year longer than gomez. has a contract nearly as bad as gomez and isnt nearly as good as gomez.