HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dal / Nyr (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=641386)

silverfish 05-10-2009 10:22 PM

Dal / Nyr
 
Dallas Gets:
Michal Rozsival (5)
1st Round Pick '09
3rd Round Pick '09

Rangers Get:
Stephane Robidas (1.5)
Colton Sceviour
1st Round Pick '09

Yes? No? Maybe?

piqued 05-10-2009 10:31 PM

Dallas is taking on an inflated contract, downgrading several tiers in the 1st round, giving up an alternate captain on a bargain deal, and a prospect in order to acquire a 3rd round pick?

mcphllp 05-10-2009 10:32 PM

So the Rangers clear cap space, get the better defenceman, AND move up to the top 10?

Im gonna say no.

slapshot14phil* 05-10-2009 10:32 PM

NO, way rosival is not moving you up into the top 8.

Morozov 05-10-2009 10:33 PM

Crap deal for Dallas for the reasons stated above.

Morozov 05-10-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petersonrox28 (Post 19510440)
NO, way rosival is not moving you up into the top 8.

Especially in this draft.

Burlington Bomb 26 05-10-2009 10:34 PM

Take out Robidas, and add a 2nd from this year and the Rangers would still need to add.

shadow1 05-10-2009 10:37 PM

Wow, can you say one sided?

No chance in hell Dallas does this. Robidas is wayyy better than Rozsival, and isn't signed to a horrible contract. So that part of the trade is bad enough, but then you tacked on trading 1st for 1st? So Dallas gets a downgrade on defense, takes on more salary, and moves down in the draft? :help:

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 10:40 PM

Rozsy
3rd 09

for

Robidas

mcphllp 05-10-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19510564)
Rozsy
3rd 09

for

Robidas

Why would Dallas do this trade?

Alistar 05-10-2009 10:57 PM

It's obvious this individual is operating under the assumption that the Stars were one of the top teams this season (as they usually are) and the draft pick is in the 25-30 range...

actually wait, it's still garbage even if that were the case.

Dallas would be perfectly capable of finding some **** defenceman on the market to over-sign by about 2 or 3 million dollars, they don't need to be giving up assets to get one :P

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphllp (Post 19510717)
Why would Dallas do this trade?

because they get a better offensive defenseman whos about a year and half younger and get a 3rd rounder in a very deep draft too help add to a very mediocre group of young prospects.

Morozov 05-10-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511012)
because they get a better offensive defenseman whos about a year and half younger and get a 3rd rounder in a very deep draft too help add to a very mediocre group of young prospects.

and take on an extra 4.5 million

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 19511148)
and take on an extra 4.5 million

dallas doesnt have much against the cap for next season so the added money wouldnt be a problem.

Hull Fan 05-10-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511012)
because they get a better offensive defenseman whos about a year and half younger and get a 3rd rounder in a very deep draft too help add to a very mediocre group of young prospects.

While Dallas does not have the prospect pool of St. Louis or LA they are not prospect poor. Vishnevskiy, Benn, Larsen, Bachman and company say hi. They are also not old on defense and the average forward age has decreased for the last three years.

Dallas may deal their first pick but only to move back a few spaces for additional second/third round picks.

If Robidas is going to be dealt it will be for someone better than Rozisval. Especially when salary and cap space are taken into consideration.

Hull Fan 05-10-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511180)
dallas doesnt have much against the cap for next season so the added money wouldnt be a problem.

Hicks is in financial trouble. That's why they're shopping Turco right now. They won't add significant salary unless some goes out the door.

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hull Fan (Post 19511237)
Hicks is in financial trouble. That's why they're shopping Turco right now. They won't add significant salary unless some goes out the door.

hicks might have to sell liverpool and is having trouble with the banks to get loans on debt payments. rozsys contract also paid him 7m last year with his cap hit being 5, meaning that he will actually be making less than the 5m which is attractive to some teams in financial problems.

vofty 05-10-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511180)
dallas doesnt have much against the cap for next season so the added money wouldnt be a problem.

But it would be the year after that when a ton of the youth will be free agents for Dallas. All the kids are going to get raises, so Dallas might have money for next season but they need it for the year after.

Free Agents after 09/10
Modano (retire)
Brunnstrom
Eriksson
Ott
Neal
Wandell
Barch
Petersen
Robidas
Grossman
Niskanen
Turco

ecemleafs 05-10-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY (Post 19511278)
But it would be the year after that when a ton of the youth will be free agents for Dallas. All the kids are going to get raises, so Dallas might have money for next season but they need it for the year after.

Free Agents after 09/10
Modano (retire)
Brunnstrom
Eriksson
Ott
Neal
Wandell
Barch
Petersen
Robidas
Grossman
Niskanen
Turco

turco would probably be taking a pay cut by than. robidas would be excluded in that as well. there would still be a lot of money left to pay those players.

Alistar 05-11-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511383)
turco would probably be taking a pay cut by than. robidas would be excluded in that as well. there would still be a lot of money left to pay those players.

not with Brad Richards' 7.8 mill still on the books.

every dollar is going to count for Dallas in 2009-10.. they can't waste any on over-paid players.

Morozov 05-11-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511180)
dallas doesnt have much against the cap for next season so the added money wouldnt be a problem.

Just because they have cap space next season doesn't mean they should take on big contracts to fill it.

ecemleafs 05-11-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 19511802)
Just because they have cap space next season doesn't mean they should take on big contracts to fill it.

didnt say they should for the sake of filling it. they can also add money to improve the team in the future and now.

Morozov 05-11-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511894)
didnt say they should for the sake of filling it. they can also add money to improve the team in the future and now.

Well you said the added money wouldn't be a problem but that doesn't hold true and could potentially hurt their chance of improving the team "in the future and now"

Sony Eriksson* 05-11-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 (Post 19510219)
Dallas Gets:
Michal Rozsival (5)
1st Round Pick '09
3rd Round Pick '09

Rangers Get:
Stephane Robidas (1.5)
Colton Sceviour
1st Round Pick '09

Yes? No? Maybe?

For the Rangers to move up 11 spots is going to cost more than a 3rd. Rozsival for Robidas and Sceviour could be a good deal but Rozy's contract is way to big for Dallas.

Sony Eriksson* 05-11-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 19511012)
because they get a better offensive defenseman whos about a year and half younger and get a 3rd rounder in a very deep draft too help add to a very mediocre group of young prospects.

Obviously you are extremely uninformed and this statement proves it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.