HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Need some opinions on a few things. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=641453)

tobyandmisty 05-11-2009 10:02 AM

Need some opinions on a few things.

First issue I have been having recently is that the last few weeks I have been having a difficult time seeing out of my helmet shield. I have the clear one that covers the full face from Itech. When I bought it, the first few times were great, recently it has been fogging up. I use the spray but that is not helping.

My second issue is my stamina. I used to have one of the cheap upper mouth pieces then I bought the one you can attach which I like the feel a lot better but because it is fuller and I am not wondering if I am not getting enough air through my mouth. Again, first it was great now, I am struggling with my stamina. After our game I skated around for a while by mysel with ny helmet off and did not feel as winded. What I think could be happening is the mouth piece may be smearing on the shield and when I put my helmet back on on the bench I know my sweat gets on there as well. I have tried to get it off at that point but it still is unclear.

One thing I had thought of is I may have used Windex on it to clean it and possibly the same rag as the anti fog spray. If that is bad for it, is there a way to clean everything off of it and start the process ove and be more careful?

Thanks.

Pioneer13 05-11-2009 09:26 PM

Pledge will clean it and will help to prevent fogging. Just spray t on both sides and wipe it off with a non abrasive cloth or paper towel.

hkyplayer03 05-12-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobyandmisty (Post 19514354)
First issue I have been having recently is that the last few weeks I have been having a difficult time seeing out of my helmet shield. I have the clear one that covers the full face from Itech. When I bought it, the first few times were great, recently it has been fogging up. I use the spray but that is not helping.

My second issue is my stamina. I used to have one of the cheap upper mouth pieces then I bought the one you can attach which I like the feel a lot better but because it is fuller and I am not wondering if I am not getting enough air through my mouth. Again, first it was great now, I am struggling with my stamina. After our game I skated around for a while by mysel with ny helmet off and did not feel as winded. What I think could be happening is the mouth piece may be smearing on the shield and when I put my helmet back on on the bench I know my sweat gets on there as well. I have tried to get it off at that point but it still is unclear.

One thing I had thought of is I may have used Windex on it to clean it and possibly the same rag as the anti fog spray. If that is bad for it, is there a way to clean everything off of it and start the process ove and be more careful?

Thanks.

How old is your itech full face shield? I have one as well and haven't had that problem yet. I spray it before every game back and front.

tobyandmisty 05-12-2009 08:35 AM

Thanks for the Pledge idea.

My mask is only a few months old.

Stefan It Up 05-12-2009 08:19 PM

Pledge might be overkill. Something as simple as smearing some soap or shampoo on it before heading on to the ice should do it.

Grittzkey 05-13-2009 03:56 PM

Use shampoo on the visor.

Switch back to your old mouth piece if its that much of an issue, I havneet used a mouth piece ever. and havent had problems even in fights and scrums w/e w/e. But if you really need the new mouth piece just work through it, you'll get used to breathing with it.

Devil Dancer 05-13-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobyandmisty (Post 19514354)

I have the same shield, and I use window/glass cleaner before games. If it gets dirty during (sweat) I put a little water on my towel and wipe it off, then dry with the dry part of the towel. Works great for me.

tobyandmisty 05-18-2009 12:15 PM

Played Sunday morning with my cheaper mouth piece and that helped a lot. I was able to get the air in I needed.

As far as the shield, I decided to Pledge it. I was happy for a while. It seemed to not smear as much as it did in the past but for some reason more towards the end of playing, it became hard to see out of again. I cannot figure out what it is about time that changes my ability to see out of it.