HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Edm - Pit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=641610)

oilersfan87 05-11-2009 06:52 PM

Edm - Pit

TO EDM:
Staal

TO PIT:
Gilbert
Horcoff
1st

OilTownHero 05-11-2009 06:55 PM

way too much salary going to pittsburgh!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nunymare 05-11-2009 06:57 PM

Too much salary going to Pittsburgh.

Pens fans, would Gilbert and a 1st do it?

AK-Evgeni71* 05-11-2009 07:26 PM

HELL NO. What is it with Oiler fans that they think they can get great young RFA's for their salary dumps and mid round 1st draft picks? Try starting with Gagner then add to that if you want Staal. Dont wanna move Gags for Staal? No dice

Zubrus Coffee Maker 05-11-2009 07:46 PM

geez why not throw in penner

Morozov 05-11-2009 08:14 PM

Lol **** no.

Bunter McVirtanen 05-11-2009 09:04 PM

wow oiler fans are so damn delusional....first the penner et al swap for stamkos and now this????

y u guys overrate your players so much i would never understand....

Joey Moss 05-11-2009 09:35 PM

Way too much for Staal, and there is something called a salary cap.

Joey Moss 05-11-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoHo (Post 19524322)
wow oiler fans are so damn delusional....first the penner et al swap for stamkos and now this????

y u guys overrate your players so much i would never understand....

Only the stupid Oilers fans overrate our players, we have alot of kids on this site...

But salary cap aside, please please tell me how the hell that would be underpayment from EDM for Staal?

Bunter McVirtanen 05-11-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 19525511)
Only the stupid Oilers fans overrate our players, we have alot of kids on this site...

But salary cap aside, please please tell me how the hell that would be underpayment from EDM for Staal?

Major salary cap issues....Horcoff (5.5 M) and Gilbert (4 M) for Stall (4 M) -- the Pens are adding almost 6 M to their pay roll while clearly downgrading at the centre position, and the 10th overall pick is not enough to justify that. Gilbert is a capable puck moving defenseman, but the Pens have enough of those in Gonchar, Letang, and Goligoski. What the Pens need is some secondary scoring to go along the likes of Malkin, Crosby, and Kunitz.

I think Gagner + pick for Stall would do it.

HabsInsideOut 05-11-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoHo (Post 19529140)
Major salary cap issues....Horcoff (5.5 M) and Gilbert (4 M) for Stall (4 M) -- the Pens are adding almost 6 M to their pay roll while clearly downgrading at the centre position, and the 10th overall pick is not enough to justify that. Gilbert is a capable puck moving defenseman, but the Pens have enough of those in Gonchar, Letang, and Goligoski. What the Pens need is some secondary scoring to go along the likes of Malkin, Crosby, and Kunitz.

I think Gagner + pick for Stall would do it.

What about just Gagner for Staal. Staal has proven more in his career but call it a hunch but i think they will turn out to be comparable players down the road. As well the little I know of Pittsburgh is that theres a sentiment that Staal might not be living up to potential based on his position in the pecking order. Unless he could move to wing it might be best to trade him. As for Gagner the sophomore slump is nothing to be worried about. I'm not a fan of either team so don't beat me up about something I don't know very well.

wej20 05-12-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut (Post 19529728)
What about just Gagner for Staal. Staal has proven more in his career but call it a hunch but i think they will turn out to be comparable players down the road. As well the little I know of Pittsburgh is that theres a sentiment that Staal might not be living up to potential based on his position in the pecking order. Unless he could move to wing it might be best to trade him. As for Gagner the sophomore slump is nothing to be worried about. I'm not a fan of either team so don't beat me up about something I don't know very well.

Gagner for Staal doesn't really make any sense for the Pens and probably not for the Oilers either.

OmniSens 05-12-2009 12:26 PM

wayy to much going to pittsburgh, Staal isn't that great :facepalm: