HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Looking for a Pro-Stock Warrior blade, Left-handed Saprykin or equivalent toe curve (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=642370)

Saved* 05-14-2009 12:08 AM

Looking for a Pro-Stock Warrior blade, Left-handed Saprykin or equivalent toe curve

Does anyone else know of a blade with a very nice Toe Curve? I'm more and more turning into a shooter and I experimented with a friends toe curve and love it more so than a mid/heel. I know that the Saprykin warrior curve is pretty nice, and would like something like that.

Heck, a crazy illegal curve would even be within reason, there's no real rules on curves in my league. At least they don't check for it.

I have considered grabbing a few of my old composites and trying to torch them into a good curve, but I figure I would be better off just trying to buy a pro stock blade, heat up my dolomite, and put in a new one.

Anyone want to chime in?

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-14-2009 12:12 AM

the smyth is a pretty nice toe curve, the shanahan is pretty good too

the smyth is a retail warrior

Dr Acula 05-14-2009 01:40 AM

The Smyth is discontinued and pretty much sold out everywhere. Managed to snatch up half a dozen before they were all gone. :)

DevilsFan38 05-14-2009 08:00 AM

Hockeymonkey has a ton of Mission and Warrior pro stock blades right now, and they have pictures or descriptions for a lot of them. Check it out and see if there's anything you'd like (lucky you're a lefty, there's a ton more options for you).

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-14-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmy (Post 19560437)
The Smyth is discontinued and pretty much sold out everywhere. Managed to snatch up half a dozen before they were all gone. :)

its now a kovalchuk

Dr Acula 05-14-2009 02:51 PM

Wrong. Robitaille was renamed the Kovalchuk.

Jacob 05-14-2009 05:52 PM

I have 2 pro stock Saprykins I got from HM that aren't to my liking. They're more of a toe curve, almost a toe-kink (like Straka or Havlat use) than the previous Saprykins I got from HM that were basically Smyth curves only much deeper. If interested, I can take some pics of them. Never even inserted in a shaft.

*edit*

They're pretty similar to the curve posted above.

Heat McManus 05-14-2009 07:00 PM

I'm pretty sure HM is sold out of Saprykin curves.

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-14-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmy (Post 19565447)
Wrong. Robitaille was renamed the Kovalchuk.

ok well the kovalchuk is similar

Saved* 05-14-2009 07:59 PM

And to double check, if I was to buy a Dolomite off the rack, and a replacement blade, I would have no problem heating it up, taking out the blade and heating a new one up and putting that in, would I?

I have a Dolomite that is essentially new, and have no qualms about doing this if it is to work.

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-14-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HURAKAN (Post 19569367)
And to double check, if I was to buy a Dolomite off the rack, and a replacement blade, I would have no problem heating it up, taking out the blade and heating a new one up and putting that in, would I?

I have a Dolomite that is essentially new, and have no qualms about doing this if it is to work.

is there glue on it? if there is then there shouldnt be a problem, unless teh dolomite is a ops

Saved* 05-14-2009 08:07 PM

I'm pretty certain it is just a normal shaft/blade combo as most Dolomites are (that I know of)

Dr Acula 05-14-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HURAKAN (Post 19569367)

It's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. Yes, the Dolomite is a fused OPS, but it will take a lot of heat and effort to pull out the blade, and you run the risk of overheating and weakening the shaft especially if you've never done it before. I would just go buy a new Dolomite or any tapered shaft.

But if you don't care really care about that stick, go ahead and try it and let us know how it turns out. There's an entire thread dedicated to this topic on a certain other forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 19568809)
ok well the kovalchuk is similar

No, it isn't.

NYRSinceBirth 05-15-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos (Post 19568410)
I'm pretty sure HM is sold out of Saprykin curves.

That they are.

The Saprykin is the nicest curve I have ever used, I absolutely love the shot that this curve produces.

NYRSinceBirth 05-15-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket (Post 19567539)
From Hockey Monkey, Pro Stock Titanium and Ti-Pro:

http://site.hockeymonkey.com/images/...s/Beech_th.jpghttp://site.hockeymonkey.com/images/...s/Satan_th.jpg

Replacement blades, try Cooke, Martin, Murray, and Pro 02-005.

The Beech is a great looking curve, but HM is out of blades. The only have OPS with the Beech curve.

nyrangers10 05-15-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth (Post 19579265)
That they are.

The Saprykin is the nicest curve I have ever used, I absolutely love the shot that this curve produces.

Do they ever restock these? i saw a pic of one and fell in love and keep checking their site in hopes of finding one.

NYRSinceBirth 05-15-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrangers10 (Post 19579314)
Do they ever restock these? i saw a pic of one and fell in love and keep checking their site in hopes of finding one.

Not sure, I guess you could call them though.

Gunnar Stahl 30 05-15-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmy (Post 19573164)
No, it isn't.

maybe someone here can confirm this but im pretty srue the kovalchuk is now the smyth. the robataille is a mid and the kovalchuk and smyths are toe

Heat McManus 05-15-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth (Post 19579265)
That they are.

it's not the curve, it's the hands :P

Dr Acula 05-15-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 19581556)
maybe someone here can confirm this but im pretty srue the kovalchuk is now the smyth. the robataille is a mid and the kovalchuk and smyths are toe

you're thinking of the Kovalchuk pro.

http://www.warriorhockey.com/assets/...TEPATTERNS.jpg

The Retail Kovalchuk/Robataille has a different blade shape than the Smyth, as well as a higher lie and a mid curve. Totally different.