HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: NYI - TORONTO (no, not Tavares) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=642505)

Mr Lahey* 05-14-2009 12:14 PM

NYI - TORONTO (no, not Tavares)
 
To NYI:
Tomas Kaberle
Jimmy Hayes


TO TORONTO
NYI 1st rounder 2010
NYI 2nd rounder 2009 (31st Overall)

Tyler Myers 05-14-2009 12:15 PM

why would NYI do this again?

NYR Sting 05-14-2009 12:17 PM

Horrendous.

Mr Lahey* 05-14-2009 12:18 PM

They get their guy in JT, but also acquire a cheap, young defenseman.

However now that I look at it, Kabs contract is going to run out in a few years and I don't know if he will really propel them that much higher in the standings to make this worthwhile.

Hmm.

Tyler Myers 05-14-2009 12:27 PM

if you're talking about current roster, the leafs are like 2 steps ahead of NYI, if kaberle cant "propel" the team, what makes you think he could for NYI?

mbowman 05-14-2009 12:30 PM

since when is kaberle considered a young defenceman? he's what, 31? in his prime, yes. but young, definitely not.

phlocky 05-14-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 (Post 19564232)
To NYI:
Tomas Kaberle
Jimmy Hayes


TO TORONTO
NYI 1st rounder 2010
NYI 2nd rounder 2009 (31st Overall)


Seriously, why can't people get it through their heads that Kaberle ONLY HAS VALUE TO A TEAM IN A WIN NOW MENTALITY???? The Isles are NOT just a Thomas Kaberle away from competing even for playoff spot let alone the cup.

I'll show you how retarded this idea is. Here are some proposals for the Leafs to take on vet players from other teams:

Pronger to Tor for a 2009 1st, 2010 2nd and Poni. That's fair value and Pronger instantly becomes the Leafs best dman.

JSG for 2010 1st, 2009 2nd and Toskala. Tor upgrades at goal and gets rid of Toskala's ugly contract and bad play.

Spacek for a 2010 1st. Well hell, if one of your fellow Leafs fans believes that Kubina is worth a 1st in this years draft then Spacek is worth at least a 1st in next years drafts.

Modin for a 2009 2nd.

Hannan for a 2010 1st and Pogge. Fair value, who cares if Hannan is what the Leafs need, the 2010 1st and goalie prospect are what Col needs. Just because THEY need it means that they should be able to steal them away from you for things you don't really need right??? I mean isn't this the premiss you are setting up with this proposal??? Should I continue or do you get the idea now???

Darth Milbury 05-14-2009 12:39 PM

A deal in which Toronto loots Isles youth for an overrated 30+ YO dman?

Not sure why, but this feels oddly familiar.

Kencaid 05-14-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 19564430)
Seriously, why can't people get it through their heads that Kaberle ONLY HAS VALUE TO A TEAM IN A WIN NOW MENTALITY???? The Isles are NOT just a Thomas Kaberle away from competing even for playoff spot let alone the cup.

I'll show you how retarded this idea is. Here are some proposals for the Leafs to take on vet players from other teams:

Pronger to Tor for a 2009 1st, 2010 2nd and Poni. That's fair value and Pronger instantly becomes the Leafs best dman.

JSG for 2010 1st, 2009 2nd and Toskala. Tor upgrades at goal and gets rid of Toskala's ugly contract and bad play.

Spacek for a 2010 1st. Well hell, if one of your fellow Leafs fans believes that Kubina is worth a 1st in this years draft then Spacek is worth at least a 1st in next years drafts.

Modin for a 2009 2nd.

Hannan for a 2010 1st and Pogge. Fair value, who cares if Hannan is what the Leafs need, the 2010 1st and goalie prospect are what Col needs. Just because THEY need it means that they should be able to steal them away from you for things you don't really need right??? I mean isn't this the premiss you are setting up with this proposal??? Should I continue or do you get the idea now???

I agree with almost every you put here, cept the JSG for toskala trade. Tosk has a horrendous contract??? since when??? 4M with 1 year left on it i believe, thats not bad at all for a starting goaltenders contract (you can debate the starting aspect of it, but with only 1 year left, when hes healthy and playing the way we know he can, he is worth it.

But back to on topic, i hate these kaberle proposals, most make no sense.

Doug Height 05-14-2009 12:54 PM

This is worse than most of the Tavares proposals.

IslesFTW 05-14-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Taveras (Post 19564366)
if you're talking about current roster, the leafs are like 2 steps ahead of NYI, if kaberle cant "propel" the team, what makes you think he could for NYI?

Not that I disagree with your overall message (being that Kaberle is going to make us cup contenders), but I believe the Isles are better than the Leafs when DiPietro is healthy.

dubey 05-14-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFTW (Post 19565431)
I believe the Isles are better than the Leafs when DiPietro is healthy.

That's what's great about living in a free society.

phlocky 05-14-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFTW (Post 19565431)
Not that I disagree with your overall message (being that Kaberle is going to make us cup contenders), but I believe the Isles are better than the Leafs when DiPietro is healthy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 19565537)
That's what's great about living in a free society.

Ricky D must be drinnking bottled water from Philadelphia because any professional athlete who plays here is prone ot injury problems. It doesn't matter if you are talking hockey, football, baseball or basketball, we have more injuries than the league average. I think TMI was worse than they said and that it's poisoned the Philly water supply and it's causing a drop in people's immune systems and brittle bones.


Oh crap, I'm in trouble now. I think I just stumbled on to a government cover up and the FBI will be all over me now :) lol.

Schenn 05-14-2009 03:25 PM

Where do you buy your crack?

Crimson King 05-14-2009 03:27 PM

ha ha ha. not in your wildest dreams would the islanders do this. good try though.:handclap:

Isles_Guy* 05-14-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 (Post 19564232)
To NYI:
Tomas Kaberle
Jimmy Hayes


TO TORONTO
NYI 1st rounder 2010
NYI 2nd rounder 2009 (31st Overall)

counter offer:

Mark Streit
Dustin Kohn

Tor 1st rounder 2009
Tor 1st rounder 2010

thats even better than yours danny boy like it?:yo:

SLAPSHOT723 05-14-2009 03:38 PM

No. Isles will never take Kaberle.

boredmale 05-14-2009 05:48 PM

If the Islanders knew there pick would be lower then #10 next year I would do it, but fact is trading away our first pick next year can come back and bite us in the butt.

Christ 05-14-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 (Post 19564274)
They get their guy in JT, but also acquire a cheap, young defenseman.

However now that I look at it, Kabs contract is going to run out in a few years and I don't know if he will really propel them that much higher in the standings to make this worthwhile.

Hmm.

Might want to look over the year of the 1st rounder that the original poster is making the offer for. Last I checked Tavaras is going in this year's draft not 2010's.

It Kills Me 05-14-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 19564504)
A deal in which Toronto loots Isles youth for an overrated 30+ YO dman?

Not sure why, but this feels oddly familiar.

We talking bout Mark Streit here?

SLAPSHOT723 05-14-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It Kills Me (Post 19569308)
We talking bout Mark Streit here?

Mark Streit is one of the best d-men in the league. He is not overrated, he's way better than the HF overrated Kaberle.

4cups* 05-14-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It Kills Me (Post 19569308)
We talking bout Mark Streit here?

No, we are talking about the overrated Kaberle, Streit is actually good!

Darth Milbury 05-14-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It Kills Me (Post 19569308)
We talking bout Mark Streit here?


I have no idea what you are talking about. Here is my original quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 19569308)
A deal in which Toronto loots Isles youth for an overrated 30+ YO dman?

Not sure why, but this feels oddly familiar. ?


Tell me, when was Streit ever Toronto property? Answer: He wasn't. So, how is Mark Streit even relevent to my comment aobut Leafs trading dmen to the Isles?

Your post made no sense at all.

rt 05-14-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 (Post 19564274)
They get their guy in JT, but also acquire a cheap, young defenseman.

I don't think Kaberle qualifies as a "cheap, young defenseman". :laugh:

Cam Fowler, Brandon Gormley and Erik Gudbranson do, though.

AK 05-14-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 19569350)
Mark Streit is one of the best d-men in the league. He is not overrated, he's way better than the HF overrated Kaberle.

Streit is very good, but he's not better than Kaberle.

Kaberle had a down year last year, but he's more underrated than overrated on here by everyone but the Leafs' fans.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.