HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kings - Lightning (Try This Again) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=642633)

Mr Underhill 05-14-2009 07:53 PM

Kings - Lightning (Try This Again)

To Kings:

Vinny Lecavalier
Vaclav Prospal

To Lightning:

5th overall in 2009
Dustin Brown
Michal Handzus

Rommel 05-14-2009 07:56 PM

no, Thanks.

funky 05-14-2009 07:58 PM

please quit trying, unless you replace Vinny with Stamkos

Fripp 05-14-2009 08:05 PM

In a vacuum, I'd take it from a Kings perspective. The reality is that Handzus has a NTC and Vinny's contract stings.

Telos 05-14-2009 08:56 PM

Absolutely not.

JDM 05-14-2009 08:59 PM

No, and shame on any Kings fan who would trade Brown for Vinny.

Reaper45 05-14-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 19572516)
Absolutely not.

Indeed.

Mattias 05-14-2009 09:46 PM

Kings say nah.

HockeyThoughts 05-14-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattias (Post 19573968)
Kings say nah.

Bolts says hell nah.

RAZZIE King 05-14-2009 11:15 PM

Kings say **** NO!!!!

DapperDan 05-15-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun (Post 19574030)
Bolts says hell nah.

Joke?

Rschmitz 05-15-2009 01:52 AM

Lightning say no, unless they replace Lecavalier immediately with Tavares

bassassin 05-15-2009 02:23 AM

Why are the Lightning trading Lecavalier AND Prospal?:help:

IdealisticSniper 05-15-2009 02:28 AM

From a lot of Kings posters they seem to be "ok" with trading JJ.

Personally Id like to see:

To TB:
Jack Johnson
5th Overall
Frolov

To LA:
Lecavalier
Something middle of the road to balance it

I think thats a good deal for both team(again assuming all Ive read from a lot of Kings fans saying they need a sniper center and wouldnt mind losing JJ because of their massive young D depth).

Obviously its good for TB as well.

wabwat 05-15-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 19579058)

To TB:
Jack Johnson
5th Overall
Frolov

To LA:
Lecavalier

I think thats a good deal for both team(again assuming all Ive read from a lot of Kings fans saying they need a sniper center and wouldnt mind losing JJ because of their massive young D depth).

this is silliest part of an even sillier proposal than the first.

IdealisticSniper 05-15-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabwat (Post 19579072)
this is silliest part of an even sillier proposal than the first.

Oh really?

Lets see LA apparently needs a sniper center: Lecavalier fits pretty nicely I would say.

A lot of Kings fans have said they wouldnt mind trading JJ because of their depth.

That is the type of package Vinny will probably get. A 1st round pick, a young good dman, and a youngish good winger.

So how is it so "silly" again?

I just couldnt think of something from TB that would balance it properly to lessen the blow of young players for the Kings...maybe a 3rd round pick or a defensive prospect with potential like a Mihalik, or maybe the Kings need a goalie prospect or the such. Something along those lines.

Frolov 6'3 05-15-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 19579094)
Oh really?

Lets see LA apparently needs a sniper center: Lecavalier fits pretty nicely I would say.

A lot of Kings fans have said they wouldnt mind trading JJ because of their depth.

That is the type of package Vinny will probably get. A 1st round pick, a young good dman, and a youngish good winger.

I just couldnt think of something from TB that would balance it properly to lessen the blow of young players for the Kings...maybe a 3rd round pick or a defensive prospect with potential like a Mihalik, or maybe the Kings need a goalie prospect or the such. Something along those lines.

Dude, you need to realize how good Vinny may be, he wont be that good anymore over 5 years. And that's a stretch already. After that you still need to pay him what $8,55M per season and a $7,5M cap hit or so for several years. That's negative value...although JJ and Frolov are both RFA's as well.

Now if Tampa Bay would take some salary back from the Kings, then it would at least be a little more realistic. However, you only think about how much Lecavalier is worth without any further thought......so yes it's 'silly'.

Hurt 05-15-2009 07:42 AM

That's what you get for signing huge albatross contracts. Anything over 4 years is really pushing it much farther from 10-12 year contracts. NTC to top it off bwahahah.

AKAY47 05-15-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 19579094)
Oh really?

No one said we ever needed a sniper center? We have enough prospects who can play the center position, including Moller, Lewis, Loktionov and guys like Boyle, Stoll and Handzus..

What we need is a left wing sniper, so unless Lecavalier can play the LW, no thanks.. I'm one of the guys that is completely against trading JJ, and after the IIHF tournament, I'm sure most of the Kings fans realize how much talent this kid has and that we should just keep developing him.. Go propose an offer to Montreal or something

Zal 05-15-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

To TB:
Jack Johnson
5th Overall
Frolov

To LA:
Lecavalier

Wow. That's just horrible. Definitely no to this one, and no to the OP as well.

I wouldn't even do JJ+Fro+5th for Kovalchuk, let alone Vinny.

Legionnaire 05-15-2009 09:33 AM

Vinny will be a King. That's my guess

Zal 05-15-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire (Post 19581055)
Vinny will be a King. That's my guess

Ok, I'm curious.

What assets would you give to aquire him?

IdealisticSniper 05-15-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zal (Post 19580560)
Wow. That's just horrible. Definitely no to this one, and no to the OP as well.

I wouldn't even do JJ+Fro+5th for Kovalchuk, let alone Vinny.

considering vinny is better than one dimensional kovalchuk, that statement makes no sense. but ok.

ibleedkings 05-15-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

To TB:
Jack Johnson
5th Overall
Frolov

To LA:
Lecavalier

wow:facepalm:

Rorschach 05-15-2009 10:37 AM

Kings don't want to spin our wheels more. Any trade that does one of the following won't fly for us:
1) Values Lecavalier as a current talent without considering the decrease in value due to his contract in this cap age
2) Asks us to trade a key roster player

You can't ask for Frolov or Brown back in the trade and expect us to say yes to creating an even bigger roster hole than Vinny would be filling. We have many prospects and even the 5th overall pick available but if Tampa doesn't need that, then no deal.

- R