HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chuck Kobasew for a mobile puck moving dman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=643159)

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 09:42 AM

Chuck Kobasew for a mobile puck moving dman?
 
For those who don't know, Kobasew is 25, a 3 time 20 goal scorer making just $2.3M for the next two years. He's a speedy, rugged two-way winger who keeps it simple and scores in bunches.

Good player. Good contract. But the B's need to clear a little cap space and get more mobile on defense, so are there any fits out there?

I'd like to see a guy like Ian White, Chris Campoli or Bruno Gervais coming back to the B's.

Thoughts?

Sneekypete 05-16-2009 09:51 AM

Gervais is a inexpensive option. Isles fans have fallen in love with him with his solid second half preformance last season.

re5piration 05-16-2009 09:51 AM

If you want Ian White, throw in a top prospect and you've got a deal.

White's been a force this year, so I think Burke would expect nothing less than overpayment.

CREW99AW 05-16-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayMaker (Post 19591433)
For those who don't know, Kobasew is 25, a 3 time 20 goal scorer making just $2.3M for the next two years. He's a speedy, rugged two-way winger who keeps it simple and scores in bunches.

Good player. Good contract. But the B's need to clear a little cap space and get more mobile on defense, so are there any fits out there?

I'd like to see a guy like Ian White, Chris Campoli or Bruno Gervais coming back to the B's.

Thoughts?

I would expect the isles to try to trade vets like Martinek or Sutton before trading a young,cheap kid like Gervais.Especially since Streit became his mentor and his play improved in the 2nd half.

burstnbloom 05-16-2009 11:53 AM

Cody Franson? Pred fans?

Darth Milbury 05-16-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayMaker (Post 19591433)
For those who don't know, Kobasew is 25, a 3 time 20 goal scorer making just $2.3M for the next two years. He's a speedy, rugged two-way winger who keeps it simple and scores in bunches.

Good player. Good contract. But the B's need to clear a little cap space and get more mobile on defense, so are there any fits out there?

I'd like to see a guy like Ian White, Chris Campoli or Bruno Gervais coming back to the B's.

Thoughts?

After they gave up a first rounder to get him, I don't see the B's moving Campoli.

And, Gervais (who is not really a high level puck mover anyway) had a great second half. Don't see the Isles moving him.

captain AARON MAIDEN* 05-16-2009 12:14 PM

zidlicky?

smokes lets go 05-16-2009 12:19 PM

try signing marc-andrew bergeron?

Darth Milbury 05-16-2009 12:23 PM

MAB is not a puck mover. He is a shooter from the point and can skate, but can't carry the puck and is not much for outlet passes.

Plus, he just plain sucks.

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafYourLife (Post 19591485)
If you want Ian White, throw in a top prospect and you've got a deal.

White's been a force this year, so I think Burke would expect nothing less than overpayment.

Fwiw, I thought of Toronto because I've read a couple quotes from Burke about the kind of player he wants- that 'type' of player is Chuck Kobasew.

But with that said, I'd be hesitant to 'overpay' for a player that TO fans couldn't give away a couple months ago.

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain AARON MAIDEN (Post 19592477)
zidlicky?

Zidlicky would be great, but I think the B's would also need to move Ward off the books to afford Z and free up the bit of cap space they need.

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Tavares (Post 19592513)
try signing marc-andrew bergeron?

Like DM said, MAB isn't quite good enough for the role I'm envisioning. But if the B's also moved Ward, they could target guys like Oduya, Beauchemin or Leopold. Maybe even a Morris if his pay comes back in line with his play (which IMO is a lot closer to $3M than $4M).

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 19592382)
After they gave up a first rounder to get him, I don't see the B's moving Campoli.

And, Gervais (who is not really a high level puck mover anyway) had a great second half. Don't see the Isles moving him.

Fair 'nuf. Here's a few more guys for you to comment on...

Hamhuis
Russel
Giordano
Grebeshkov
Krajicek

Barney Gumble 05-16-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 19592539)
MAB is not a puck mover. He is a shooter from the point and can skate, but can't carry the puck and is not much for outlet passes.

Plus, he just plain sucks.

May as well use him as a forward considering he has no notable defensive skills to speak of (Mr. turnover machine).

dccuse 05-16-2009 01:32 PM

how about Roszival?

Laoghaire 05-16-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 19592382)
After they gave up a first rounder to get him, I don't see the B's moving Campoli.

And, Gervais (who is not really a high level puck mover anyway) had a great second half. Don't see the Isles moving him.

Alternatively I think the Sens would trade Campoli to Boston for their 1st rounder.

Dr Quincy 05-16-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laoghaire (Post 19593199)
Alternatively I think the Sens would trade Campoli to Boston for their 1st rounder.

I think one of the reasons the OP decided to center the deal around Kobasew was because they Bruins would like to shed some salary. Boston can't deal it's pick straight up for Campoli... a roster player has to go back.

Laoghaire 05-16-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 19593216)
I think one of the reasons the OP decided to center the deal around Kobasew was because they Bruins would like to shed some salary. Boston can't deal it's pick straight up for Campoli... a roster player has to go back.

Pretty sure 1st and Kobasew for Campoli would go down easy for the Senators.

Darth Milbury 05-16-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laoghaire (Post 19593199)
Alternatively I think the Sens would trade Campoli to Boston for their 1st rounder.


I doubt this is true. Brian Murray was reportly keen to acquire Campoli all season. He finally landed him at the reasonable cost of a 26th overall, and he fit in fine on the Senators blueline. I doubt Murray surrenders him now just to get the 25th overall.

And, Kobasew and a first is overpayment for Campoli. But, personally, I doubt that the Senators would do that as well. I think Campoli is in their longterm plans.

Bill Ladd 05-16-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dccuse (Post 19593083)
how about Roszival?

Too much money. B's can't afford him.

Saren 05-16-2009 04:18 PM

Whoever said Krajicek is pretty much spot on. I haven't seen much of him this year, but during his time here he was one the better skaters and puck movers on our team. (Which isn't really saying much)

Ouroboros 05-16-2009 05:28 PM

Campoli is likely not in play for Ottawa, but Alex Picard almost certainly is. He was having a pretty solid season before he was derailed by an injury but with Kuba, Lee, Campoli, and Karlsson in the fold he seems to be the odd man out.

Picard is pretty mobile, has good size, a hard wrist shot from the point and would be cap friendly for the Bruins at 800k. Seems like a decent fit.

Alex Picard, Ottawa's 3rd round pick in 2010 for Chuck Kobasew?

impeach estaalo 05-16-2009 05:31 PM

Corvo?

(Or F.Kaberle? :sarcasm:)

Stassino 05-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouroboros (Post 19594850)
Campoli is likely not in play for Ottawa, but Alex Picard almost certainly is. He was having a pretty solid season before he was derailed by an injury but with Kuba, Lee, Campoli, and Karlsson in the fold he seems to be the odd man out.

Picard is pretty mobile, has good size, a hard wrist shot from the point and would be cap friendly for the Bruins at 800k. Seems like a decent fit.

Alex Picard, Ottawa's 3rd round pick in 2010 for Chuck Kobasew?

Is this post a joke? I see you have a "No BM" as your logo.. so that explains ???? anyways Campoli is our 4-5th defensemen next year.. He has the ability to make it higher on the chart even.. Picard is the one on the outside looking in.. He has proven nothing.. Campoli has.. Picard is and was a defensive liability.. He has next to zero chance of making it in the top 6 next year,.... He will be carried as the 7th d-man at best...

Also Ottawa has no need for Kobasew whatsoever so we should be out of this convo all together.. Should be looking at Olesz or another bang or bust d-man or at best a 3rd rate Puck mover.. I know Calgary has never missed Kobasew..

Barney Gumble 05-16-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon (Post 19594404)
Whoever said Krajicek is pretty much spot on. I haven't seen much of him this year, but during his time here he was one the better skaters and puck movers on our team. (Which isn't really saying much)

Problem with Krajicek - at least on the Canucks (I have no idea how well he played with the Bolts or Panthers) - was that he didn't seem to distribute the puck all that well nor have a great shot from the point from my POV.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.