HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: David Krejci (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=643503)

Zubrus Coffee Maker 05-17-2009 07:31 PM

David Krejci

Rfa this year, Boston would obviously want to keep him but if for salary reasons they can't what can he expect as a offer sheet?

Bunter McVirtanen 05-17-2009 07:40 PM

I think he will be re-signed for 3.5-4 M over 6 years. If he isn't signed by July 1, teams will be looking for a young set-up man and may be willing to throw up to 5 M at him.

8BostonRocker24 05-17-2009 07:56 PM

IMO, if he signs an offer sheet it will be an overpayment, that's the way offer sheets work... Penner, Vanek...If the player signs the offer sheet and it's a fair deal Boston would just match it (Backes anyone?)

I could see someone offering a lot and Boston not matching (something north of $5.8 million). IMO Boston doesn't even blink an eye until it gets above $5.2 million.

Bunter McVirtanen 05-17-2009 07:57 PM

As for his trade value, I think that the only department BOS could improve on is D, so maybe a package from Vancouver involving Bieksa. Bieksa < Krejci but due to Krejci being an RFA and Bieksa still having 3 years left on his contract, I think a 1-1 swap could be done.

In Vancouver, with a core of Luongo, Kesler, Krejci, Hodgson, Edler, and Sedins (re-signed) could be lethal.

backs4mvp 05-17-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoHo (Post 19604262)
I think he will be re-signed for 3.5-4 M over 6 years. If he isn't signed by July 1, teams will be looking for a young set-up man and may be willing to throw up to 5 M at him.

Jeff Carter after scoring 29 goals, 53 points signed a 15mil/3y contract.

Somewhere around 5-6mil(depending on contract length).
15mil/3y or 35mil/6y, somewhere around there.

Kurrilino 05-17-2009 08:14 PM

No trade Value.............
And for an Offersheet is is extremely cheap because Kessel is an RFA either.
If you are dirty you give out a high price offersheet to one of them and after Boston match that, you could give the other one a cheap offer what Boston never could match.
In worst case you are losing two 1st rounders....

neelysbiggestfan 05-17-2009 08:28 PM

If guys like Krejci who have had exactly ONE good season, not great, but GOOD season in the NHL start banking 5-6M deals...the league will collaspe on the back of its own stupidity.

The Pucks 05-17-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelysbiggestfan (Post 19604452)
If guys like Krejci who have had exactly ONE good season, not great, but GOOD season in the NHL start banking 5-6M deals...the league will collaspe on the back of its own stupidity.

Kevin Lowe already started that ball rolling a few years ago.

Dr Quincy 05-17-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 19604391)
No trade Value.............
And for an Offersheet is is extremely cheap because Kessel is an RFA either.
If you are dirty you give out a high price offersheet to one of them and after Boston match that, you could give the other one a cheap offer what Boston never could match.
In worst case you are losing two 1st rounders....

We've been through this before. You don't just "give" an offer sheet. The player has to sign it. All rumors are that the Bruins will seek to sign Krejci before he gets to RFA status. This does mean that Kessel will probably be out there, but I can't see him signing with a (no offense) bad LA team.

twenty2 05-17-2009 10:21 PM

I'd be very shocked if Kessel and Krejci didn't both get around $4.5m-$5.0m based on Jeff Carter as a precedent.

Ollie Weeks 05-17-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 19605086)
We've been through this before. You don't just "give" an offer sheet. The player has to sign it. All rumors are that the Bruins will seek to sign Krejci before he gets to RFA status. This does mean that Kessel will probably be out there, but I can't see him signing with a (no offense) bad LA team.

Just thought I'd quote this so the point would be more accessible to readers.

LaLaLand 05-18-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

:shakehead

BrindamoursNose 05-18-2009 02:52 AM

One that'll cost 4-1st round picks, that's for sure.

BrindamoursNose 05-18-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelysbiggestfan (Post 19604452)

Krejci had 73 points this season..He outscored guys like Heatley, Lecavalier, Roy....etc.

That's pretty decent promise if you ask me.

topcat986* 05-18-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoHo (Post 19604309)
As for his trade value, I think that the only department BOS could improve on is D, so maybe a package from Vancouver involving Bieksa. Bieksa < Krejci but due to Krejci being an RFA and Bieksa still having 3 years left on his contract, I think a 1-1 swap could be done.

In Vancouver, with a core of Luongo, Kesler, Krejci, Hodgson, Edler, and Sedins (re-signed) could be lethal.

:laugh: now that's just embarrassing

topcat986* 05-18-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 19607058)
Krejci had 73 points this season..He outscored guys like Heatley, Lecavalier, Roy....etc.

Not only did he do that. But in the previous season over the last 35 plus games . He led Bruins in points from then on. Kessel can be a bay Hossa and that is in high end area and will show come RFA time. Love Kessel but 4 number 1 picks are you kidding me ? I take it and in most cases deal 2 of those picks unless Kessel signs with a crappy team.

Frolov 6'3 05-18-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

When you are young and money is involved then any player could sign anywhere. IMO this above is just plain naive and I'm not saying he would or should.

God 05-18-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat986 (Post 19607163)
:laugh: now that's just embarrassing

Why is that?

voxel 05-18-2009 07:27 AM

The offersheet doesn't have to be very high for the Bruins to walk-away... they have cap issues.

$3.9M/yr for 3 years.... that is a 1st and 3rd.

Then repeat with Kessel. If I was Columbus or the Kings, I'd consider it... especially if either team could sign JayBo so that they would pick bottom-10 next season.

8BostonRocker24 05-18-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxel (Post 19607437)
The offersheet doesn't have to be very high for the Bruins to walk-away... they have cap issues.

$3.9M/yr for 3 years.... that is a 1st and 3rd.

Then repeat with Kessel.
If I was Columbus or the Kings, I'd consider it... especially if either team could sign JayBo so that they would pick bottom-10 next season.

Boston would then thank whomever did this. If Penner is worth $4.25 million and Vanek $7.1, K & K at less then $4.0 million a year is a steal.

Jeffrey 05-18-2009 08:36 AM

I believe Jordan Staal also signed a 4m$ deal and there is no doubt that Krejci had more offensive prowness last year and his probably due a higher pay raise than him.

neelysbiggestfan 05-18-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 19607058)

Yes it is decent...but my only point is he has done it exactly ONCE.
I am not arguing against precedents...simply stating that handing $5M to guys who have no track record (and Krejci didn't have a great 2nd half at all) is dangerous business. Its quickly becoming an issue than anyone with a pulse and shin pands is pulling down $4M/year.

jmwc95 05-18-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelysbiggestfan (Post 19607610)
Yes it is decent...but my only point is he has done it exactly ONCE.
I am not arguing against precedents...simply stating that handing $5M to guys who have no track record (and Krejci didn't have a great 2nd half at all) is dangerous business. Its quickly becoming an issue than anyone with a pulse and shin pands is pulling down $4M/year.

We know he's only done it once. However, based on previous offer sheets and what RFAs with one good year are getting these days, $5MM for Krejci is pretty much the precedent. Maybe GMs are going to have to get burned by a few more Penner contracts before they learn their lesson.

All Right Hamilton 05-18-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twenty2 (Post 19605267)
I'd be very shocked if Kessel and Krejci didn't both get around $4.5m-$5.0m based on Jeff Carter as a precedent.

Jeff Carter is better than both of them.

Someone mentioned the bruins won't blink until the offer gets to $5.2m...I disagree, that'll be too much for the B's. I don't expect the Bruins to go beyond $5m for either Krejci or kessel. Then again, Timmy will be making $6m the next two yrs and he's won exactly one playoff series in his career.

twenty2 05-18-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rician blast (Post 19607845)
Jeff Carter is better than both of them.

Someone mentioned the bruins won't blink until the offer gets to $5.2m...I disagree, that'll be too much for the B's. I don't expect the Bruins to go beyond $5m for either Krejci or kessel. Then again, Timmy will be making $6m the next two yrs and he's won exactly one playoff series in his career.

Jeff Carter is better than both of them now.

Year Before RFA Status Stats:

Carter: 82 GP - 29 G - 24 A - 53 P

Kessel: 70 GP - 36 G - 24 A - 60 P

Krejci: 82 GP - 22 G - 51 A - 73 P

Now go ahead and tell me that they're not going to make their money...