HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New lines for Wednesday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64370)

GilleZ 03-23-2004 01:55 PM

New lines for Wednesday

Again Julien is gugling his line, hehe.

Zednick/Koivu/Kovalev
Dagenais/Ribs/Ryder
Bulis/Perreault/Sundstrum

dont know for the 4th

probably

Dowd/Begin/Ward (EDITED) sorry

Yo Habs Yo!

Source CKAC (EDITED) sorry

Dutchy 03-23-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GilleZ
Again Julien is gugling his line, hehe.

Zednick/Koivu/Kovalev
Dagenais/Ribs/Ryder
Bulis/Perreault/Sundstrum

dont know for the 4th

probably

Langdon/Bulis/Ward

Yo Habs Yo!

Where's Dowd and Bégin!! :dunno:

I'll need a source before believing THAT.

Jeffrey 03-23-2004 02:02 PM

omg dagenais is still there !
I tought his last poor game was his last in montreal. period!
crappy lineup !

Mooch 03-23-2004 02:05 PM

I think julien is experimenting with different combinations for the playoffs.

Nothing to be worried about, except for Daganais still being a part of the experiments!

417 03-23-2004 02:12 PM

Thank you CJ, this is the lineup I had posted a few days ago, the only weak link is Dagenais, but CJ had some success with that line, so you can't blame him for at least giving it one last try, I love the 3rd line...Bulis-Perreault-Sunsdtrom is great, if you want to talk about 4 balanced lines with scoring, defense and grit well there they are, this is IMO the best lineup we can ice, and thank you CJ for putting Kovy with Koivu and Zednik :yo:

Now that Perreault has regained his confidence he can center his own line and will be surrounded by defensively responsible players who can handle their own in the offensive zone, we'll see how he does when he's not riding shotgun with Koivu

Again CJ :handclap:

Mooch 03-23-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Thank you CJ, this is the lineup I had posted a few days ago, the only weak link is Dagenais, but CJ had some success with that line, so you can't blame him for at least giving it one last try, I love the 3rd line...Bulis-Perreault-Sunsdtrom is great, if you want to talk about 4 balanced lines with scoring, defense and grit well there they are, this is IMO the best lineup we can ice, and thank you CJ for putting Kovy with Koivu and Zednik :yo:

Now that Perreault has regained his confidence he can center his own line and will be surrounded by defensively responsible players who can handle their own in the offensive zone, we'll see how he does when he's not riding shotgun with Koivu

I would rather have dowd than perreault shuting down the top lines.

Perreault just gives me nightmares on the checking line.

And then therse Daganais, man im not gona sleep tonight. LOL!

417 03-23-2004 02:16 PM

4th line will probably look like

Bégin-Dowd-Ward...and when we need a bit more toughness Langdon can fill in for Ward I guess

Stefan_Latulippe 03-23-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Good post and I like the lineup. As for Perreault, he is playing on the third line and the third line is not a scoring line. It is a checking line like you said so even if he is not putting points on the board it should not matter. What is important, is to play a good defensive game and to dump the puck and to let his great wingers do the checking.

Go habs go!

GilleZ 03-23-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Where's Dowd and Bégin!! :dunno:

I'll need a source before believing THAT.

Oups, Sorry, the players that were not metionned by CKAC on the first 3 lines were Dowd, Begin, Ward and Langdon.

So they will probably make a 4th line with these players.

417 03-23-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I would rather have dowd than perreault shuting down the top lines.

Perreault just gives me nightmares on the checking line.

And then therse Daganais, man im not gona sleep tonight. LOL!

Yeah I know, but who says CJ wants to designate a shutdown line, maybe just wants to roll 4 lines out there and let the other team adjust, I'm sure this lineup will succeed and he's going to stick with it

IMO:Bégin-Dowd-Ward is not a bad checking line, right?

Mooch 03-23-2004 02:19 PM

Thats a great checking line, but the problem is its our fourth, and doesnt CJ usually give the fourth line the least ice time?

Guy Caballero 03-23-2004 02:24 PM

While I LOVE the idea of a Begin-Dowd-Ward checking line, I have to question how effective that third line is going to be. It's not offensive enough to be a scoring line, and Perreault's presence eliminates any chance of using it as a defensive line. IMO, this will be the fourth line on Wed for all intents and purposes. I think they're going to play the first two lines hard to see how they work together and to get the players used to each other, they're going to use the Begin-Dowd-Ward line vs. Briere and Satan, and the Perreault line will play maybe 8 or 9 minutes, with Bulis replacing Dags on line 2 as the game wears on and Perreault taking defensive-zone faceoffs.

That's why you've got to love Julien. Even if the lines start out one way, they may look totally different at the end of the night as he juggles players to suit his needs. That's coaching.

417 03-23-2004 02:25 PM

Quote:

Thats a great checking line, but the problem is its our fourth, and doesnt CJ usually give the fourth line the least ice time?

Maybe the 3rd line will get less minutes, it's all about matching lines, and getting the right people out at the right time and the last few games CJ has done a great job vs. some good coaches ex:Pat Burns

Habsolution 03-23-2004 02:27 PM

Worth a try

One thing is clear to me. Dagenais is certainly going to get every possible chances to get going. CJ is indeed a patient man.

Mooch 03-23-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Maybe the 3rd line will get less minutes, it's all about matching lines, and getting the right people out at the right time and the last few games CJ has done a great job vs. some good coaches ex:Pat Burns

True. Who knows, for all we know CJ may have a line up that looks nothing like the line up above. He is very unpredictable!

Maybe Daganais may be benched yet. Lets all pray!

English Hab 03-23-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
That's why you've got to love Julien. Even if the lines start out one way, they may look totally different at the end of the night as he juggles players to suit his needs. That's coaching.

guy i've gotta love that last point... its true... he is indeed always thinking... making the most of the situation players game performances, stamina and every other little detail of the hockey game that is why i think that CJ will at the very least get a big nomination for the Jack Adams trohpy.... He is one helluva coach!!! :handclap:

Habber 03-23-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

I think julien is experimenting with different combinations for the playoffs.

Nothing to be worried about, except for Daganais still being a part of the experiments!

Yup.

CJ is just doing some tinkering and trying to figure out what lineup to go with in the playoffs. It's good to throw some guys in different roles and see how they react. I'll bet we'll see a lot of this until we have 2 or 3 games left when he'll more or less set the lineup for the playoffs.

417 03-23-2004 02:44 PM

This will be the lineup for the playoffs, mark my words, ok maybe not...but i'm confident that this will be the lineup

s7ark 03-23-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

This will be the lineup for the playoffs, mark my words, ok maybe not...but i'm confident that this will be the lineup

Really? I don't know about that third line (unless he actually uses line 4 as the checking line), and Dagenais is still in there. Do we have any word on defensive pairings yet? Seems to me that a lot of people are arguing that Quintal will start instead of Komi due to experience, etc, but wouldn't that same argument mean that Dagenais wouldn't get starting position on the second line? Dags must do really well in practise if he has earned that spot! I don't think the experiment stops here!

oli500 03-23-2004 07:59 PM

We are going to see alot of this lines changes throughout are our 6 games remaining. Man I cant waite for the playoffs. Im counting down the days on my calender.

jonny5 03-23-2004 11:10 PM

I'm not sure about Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line. There may be a power struggle there over who is the better player on the wings. Could be a lot of puck hogging going on. We all know that Zednik doesn't pass and Kovalev nearly as bad. I think both will want to be the goal scorers and Koivu will have a problem with his line. Just an opinion!!!

Munchausen 03-23-2004 11:47 PM

Zednik/Koivu/Kovalev :handclap:

Dagenais/Ribeiro/Ryder :cry:

Bulis/Perreault/Sundstrum :dunno:
Begin/Dowd/Ward :yo:

tinyzombies 03-24-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Zednik/Koivu/Kovalev :handclap:

Dagenais/Ribeiro/Ryder :cry:

Bulis/Perreault/Sundstrum :dunno:
Begin/Dowd/Ward :yo:

I don't mind this lineup against Buffalo, because they don't have two lines that can score.

But our defense down the middle is a nightmare until you get to Dowd.

I don't like Zednik with Kovalev either, but Zednik doesn't work with any other winger anyway other than a big guy who can dig out the puck for him. It would be nice if Koivu-Kovalev became our top dynamic pairing rather than Koivu-Zednik imo.

Ribeiro is not the same player without Dagenais for some reason. Those other wingers are too fast for him I guess. He works well with Ryder though.

Perreault is hot, so CJ is wringing him dry. I think CJ benched him a lot this year to save him for the playoffs. Remember in 2002, his gas tank was completely empty in the second half and the playoffs after a hot start. He's too small to go a whole season, which makes me worry about Ribeiro as well.

Stefan_Latulippe 03-24-2004 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I don't mind this lineup against Buffalo, because they don't have two lines that can score.

Perreault is hot, so CJ is wringing him dry. I think CJ benched him a lot this year to save him for the playoffs. Remember in 2002, his gas tank was completely empty in the second half and the playoffs after a hot start. He's too small to go a whole season, which makes me worry about Ribeiro as well.

I really like that excuse....the player is too small si he is not good in the playoff...man that is lame.

Now, guess who the player is :

6'5 220lbs Center and in the last SIX postseasons he has the following stats:

51 games 3 goals 19 assists 22 points and MINUS 15

Who is that player? And what is happening to him in the playoff? Is he too big for the playoffs?

Cheers

BLONG7 03-24-2004 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5
I'm not sure about Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line. There may be a power struggle there over who is the better player on the wings. Could be a lot of puck hogging going on. We all know that Zednik doesn't pass and Kovalev nearly as bad. I think both will want to be the goal scorers and Koivu will have a problem with his line. Just an opinion!!!

Gotta disagree here, Zed has actually been passing lately and Kovalev is a very good playmaker, Koivu will be the one setting them both up! I think, from everything I have read that Kovalev has seemed very impressed with the team concept and chemistry, and is excited about the playoffs... He really doesn't care who finishes as long as the team WINS!