HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   question about '93. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64389)

Angel of Death 03-23-2004 03:05 PM

question about '93.

hab fans, help me out. question 1. who was your captain of the '93 cup winning team? carbonneau? muller? turgeon?
2. when did chris chelios play for the habs, the years please, when did they trade him, and who did they trade him for?
3. was chelios ever captain.

sorry for the questions, it's just i had these questions in my head, and once i have a question, it needs to be answered. thanks, coming from a leaf fan and good luck in the playoffs, except against us obviously.

Stefan_Latulippe 03-23-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Death
hab fans, help me out. question 1. who was your captain of the '93 cup winning team? carbonneau? muller? turgeon?
2. when did chris chelios play for the habs, the years please, when did they trade him, and who did they trade him for?
3. was chelios ever captain.

sorry for the questions, it's just i had these questions in my head, and once i have a question, it needs to be answered. thanks, coming from a leaf fan and good luck in the playoffs, except against us obviously.

Chelios was tarded for Denis Savard.
Chelios and Carbonneau were captain at the same time for a season.
The year the Habs won the cup, Carbo was captain.

Habber 03-23-2004 03:22 PM

Carbo and Chelios were co-captains in the 89-90 season. The Habs then traded Chelios and a 2nd to Chicago for Savard in the summer of '90. Carbo was the sole captain after that and reamied captain till he was traded in '94.

scosar 03-23-2004 03:25 PM

I remember Chelios and Tom Chorske being tagged as two can't miss habs prospects coming out of college. I think they both played some in 1985. Chelios Tom Kurvers and Petr Svoboda were supposed to be the next big 3 on the defence.

HABit 03-23-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scosar

I remember Chelios and Tom Chorske being tagged as two can't miss habs prospects coming out of college. I think they both played some in 1985. Chelios Tom Kurvers and Petr Svoboda were supposed to be the next big 3 on the defence.

Chelios was with Montreal from '83-'90.

Angel of Death 03-23-2004 03:38 PM

thanks

thanks hab guys

English Hab 03-23-2004 04:25 PM

lets be honest though, we should have never really of had to trade Chelios if we had drafted Savard when we had the chance..... but hey we learn from our mistakes... or at least we hope!!!!

CrAzYNiNe 03-23-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Hab
lets be honest though, we should have never really of had to trade Chelios if we had drafted Savard when we had the chance..... but hey we learn from our mistakes... or at least we hope!!!!

Actually you can never learn from mistakes of the trade, every single situation is diffrent.

GHG 03-23-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Hab

Actually, the truth is Montreal should have never traded for Denis Savard. Chelios was still entering his prime and had just won the Norris trophy in '89. It was one of those dumb trades that Serge Savard was forced into by Ronald Corey. :madfire:

Howie Morenz 03-23-2004 07:31 PM

Too bad. Imagine Chelios still on our D right now. I don't care what anybody says. One of the worst Hab trades ever. One of the bet up and coming Dmen in the league for a small centre whos best years were behind him.....Ouch!!!! :mad:

Howie Morenz 03-23-2004 07:33 PM

Sorry,that's best up and coming.....but I'm sure you all knew that. ;)

felixd 03-23-2004 07:35 PM

My God I love Chelios...if he was still on the Habs, I guarantee Komisarek + Hainsey would be lightyears ahead of Hamhuis, Bouwmeester or whoever else they are compared to. Chelly would have been such a positive influence for those guys...

oh well, woulda coulda shoulda

AltaHab 03-23-2004 07:37 PM

In 1980 I remember sitting in a small cafe reading the local paper and across the front page of the sports section was, "Habs pick Wickenheiser". I couldn't believe they passed up Savard. At the time I figured Savard=Cups.

V-2 Schneider 03-23-2004 07:47 PM

Chelios joined the Habs just at the tale end of the '83-'84 season, in time for the playoffs, and what a playoff it was.I can still recall his blast from the blueline against Boston for his first NHL goal.

He and Carbo shared co-captaincies during the '89-90 season, and he was traded for Denis Savard and a draft pick in the summer of 1990, who was a nothing.

Carbo was the captain when the habs won the '93 cup.