HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Strachan: Vinny to LA Pretty Much Done Deal??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=644553)

Mr Underhill 05-22-2009 06:53 AM

Vinny to LA Pretty Much Done Deal???
 
So Al Strachan was on HNIC Radio yesterday and said Vinny to LA is pretty much a done deal.

How reliable is this guy?

Randall Graves* 05-22-2009 06:55 AM

Somewhere between Eklund and Burt the dog

Mr Underhill 05-22-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Graves (Post 19651492)
Somewhere between Eklund and Burt the dog

Sweet...so theres an e() next to this rumor. Or maybe an s().

ugotmybeef* 05-22-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antdvda (Post 19651485)
So Al Strachan was on HNIC Radio yesterday and said Vinny to LA is pretty much a done deal.

How reliable is this guy

You answered your own question, not really.

TBLightningFan 05-22-2009 07:11 AM

Vinny has had a done deal with a lot of teams now... I'll believe one of them when it happens.

Riverboat Gambler 05-22-2009 07:12 AM

...

Then Strachula turned into a bat and flew off.

jumptheshark 05-22-2009 07:37 AM

If the Bolts do trade Vinny, I predict the Bolts will pass the NYI as a team that becomes a runnng jokes due to the owners.

I got this feeing that the new bolt owners have been hit hard by the slowdown in the economy and i think they are tighter for cash then we know..

Both majority owners made there money rather quick in the property markets and I think things have gone south for them quickly.

I think the owners of the bolts are the kids in the sand box that wants ll things to go thei way and when they don't they over react

HabsAtak 05-22-2009 07:41 AM

The one owner of the Lightning is the guy who makes the Saw movies. He still has lots of cash. He just does not want to spend it all on the Lightning. The other guy Barry is the real estate guy he is the risk taker and the talker. From what I heard on various shows is that the do not talk to each other any more. Of course, this is all speculation but it does make sense seeing how the Bolts are run.

sgupca 05-22-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antdvda (Post 19651485)
So Al Strachan was on HNIC Radio yesterday and said Vinny to LA is pretty much a done deal.

How reliable is this guy?

He's the most unrealiable guy on TV...i can't believe CBC actually gives him air-time...he's a joke.

and like someone else said...he isn't any better than Eklund.

Now, I think Vinny to LA this summer is going to happen, but you can't trust anything Al Strachan says...EVER.

HabsAtak 05-22-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupca (Post 19651623)
He's the most unrealiable guy on TV...i can't believe CBC actually gives him air-time...he's a joke.

and like someone else said...he isn't any better than Eklund.

Now, I think Vinny to LA this summer is going to happen, but you can't trust anything Al Strachan says...EVER.

The only reason CBC has Al on is so Milbury has someone to feud with. Otherwise, they could not justify Milbury's rants and stupidity. With Al there they can say they play off each other real well and it is good TV. I know I watch After 40 Minutes just to watch Milbury call Al a dink. That was a classic.

Sony Eriksson* 05-22-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antdvda (Post 19651504)
Sweet...so theres an e() next to this rumor. Or maybe an s().

How about a bs()

HabsAtak 05-22-2009 07:48 AM

I can see Vinny going to LA though. LA has what TB needs, good young players. LA needs a real leader (maybe Vinny can fill that role) who knows.

jumptheshark 05-22-2009 07:57 AM

well

I will play along


Jack Johnson, first rounder this year and Dustin Brown for Vinny?

8BostonRocker24 05-22-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takabru (Post 19651647)
I can see Vinny going to LA though. LA has what TB needs, good young players. LA needs a real leader (maybe Vinny can fill that role) who knows.

Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st

jumptheshark 05-22-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 19651684)
Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st


I think the deal would be built around JJ and the first. But I think the Bolts would turn down Stoll and Frolov becuase Frolov has one year left and then is a UFA looking for a huge pay raise to around 5 to 7 million a year and I don't think the bolts want to get into a bidding war.

I like Stoll--but he does not brng the all around game tha Bolts need and like I said--I think the Bolts would rather have Brown then either Stoll or Frolov. Brown is signed for 4 more seasons at a good rate

ACC1224 05-22-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takabru (Post 19651633)
The only reason CBC has Al on is so Milbury has someone to feud with. Otherwise, they could not justify Milbury's rants and stupidity. With Al there they can say they play off each other real well and it is good TV. I know I watch After 40 Minutes just to watch Milbury call Al a dink. That was a classic.

Strachan was on for quite a while before Milbury joined, they weren't brought in together.

He's been right many times but when you report everything you hear, you're going to be wrong more times than not.

I think the disdain for him probably stems more from his weasley demeanour than the actual job he does.

X0X0A0 05-22-2009 08:15 AM

I don't like Strachan but I do believe Lecavalier will be a King. Though Lecavalier has been "pretty much" traded to every time in the league according to media.

8BostonRocker24 05-22-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vagabond (Post 19651705)
I think the deal would be built around JJ and the first. But I think the Bolts would turn down Stoll and Frolov becuase Frolov has one year left and then is a UFA looking for a huge pay raise to around 5 to 7 million a year and I don't think the bolts want to get into a bidding war.

JJ and the 1st is a fine deal, but IMO Tampa needs more roster players, in my offer they get 3 roster players and next year's 1st. 4 players total. Yes Frolov will cash in soon, but ~$5.0 million for a player of his caliber isn't such a bad deal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vagabond (Post 19651705)
I like Stoll--but he does not brng the all around game tha Bolts need and like I said--I think the Bolts would rather have Brown then either Stoll or Frolov. Brown is signed for 4 more seasons at a good rate

Of course they would. Doesn't mean he's available though.

FrankMTL 05-22-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 19651684)
Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st

I actually agree with you. As much as I want him to the Habs, they don't have as many good young players to offer as the Kings...and the good young players we do have, the Habs will probably not part ways with (Subban, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty). The only issue I have with your trade proposal is that Stoll has a 3.6 million cap hit, Frolov has a 2.9 million dollar cap hit and is a UFA next year, Johnson has a 2.150 million dollar cap hit and RFA this year...so basically you are getting back more in salary then Lecavalier costs but on a much shorter term which could be the deciding factor....But the value is obviously there.

Richter35 05-22-2009 08:23 AM

JJ
1st
Zus
offensive prospect? (I don't know LA's system too well but nothing top tier)

for

Vinny?

I think adding stoll/frolov is overkill, at 5th overall TB could come out of this draft with hedman and kane, who i think has 1st line C written all over him (as does stamkos). Handzus is like a better Halpern though, so that probably makes the latter redundant, he could go for a pick as well to a team needing a checking line center.

habs1988 05-22-2009 08:24 AM

If Vinny is traded to LA, I predict a big riot in MTL haha!

I mean..Gainey will be ''again'' the guy who prefered to keep his team like that bwcause he thinks he can win.

HabsAtak 05-22-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 19651684)
Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st

I think this is close to how the deal would work out. I can then see TB turning Johnson over to another team (maybe the Habs, since they are his favorite team). The I say this is because I doubt Johnson wants to play for TB any more than he does LA. The kid is a head case for some reason. Now I know bringing a head case to the Habs is not ideal but I bet Gainey is willing to take a chance on him. Probably Frolov comes with him to the Habs too. Gainey has tried to get him a couple of times before at least that has been the rumours. Something like Frolov and Johnson to the Habs for Gorges, Plekanecs and Weber.

This gives TB 3 centres, Stankos, Stoll, Plekanecs. That is pretty deep right off. Plus they still have their second pick.

That would be the turnaround I would be looking at if I were TB.

HabsAtak 05-22-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224 (Post 19651713)
Strachan was on for quite a while before Milbury joined, they weren't brought in together.

He's been right many times but when you report everything you hear, you're going to be wrong more times than not.

I think the disdain for him probably stems more from his weasley demeanour than the actual job he does.

You are correct that Al has been there for much longer. I do think it is his demeanor that peeps don't like. He has been right some of the time. The only problem I have with him is he tends to start fires then washes his hands of them. I guess a lot of rumor mongers do that though. It just gets to people more with him for some reason.

It is funny to watch him and Milbury though. I suspect one day Milbury is going to clock him, then that will be the end of that.

GKJ 05-22-2009 09:07 AM

If the Kings are giving up a 1st, it's probably next year.


I'm sure if a deal is being done, knowing Lieweike and Anschutz, they're totally holding it against the Lightning for signing him to an 11-year contract they didn't get to negotiate.

hototogisu 05-22-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 (Post 19651804)
If Vinny is traded to LA, I predict a big riot in MTL haha!

I mean..Gainey will be ''again'' the guy who prefered to keep his team like that bwcause he thinks he can win.

Or because he doesn't have an offer that can beat LA's.

Or because I would imagine things between Gainey and Lawton aren't exactly at their rosiest.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.