HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Thrashers 1st round pick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=644859)

John Cena* 05-23-2009 02:10 PM

Thrashers 1st round pick

4th overall .

Maybe like a package with the pick and Lehtonen .

Whats the best they can get for ? Just curious cause i'm not one of the fans who believes in trading Lehtonen or this pick .

Joey Moss 05-23-2009 02:12 PM

10th overall, Jordan Eberle and Jeff Petry for 4th overall and Kari Lehtonen :dunno:

Magnus Fulgur 05-23-2009 02:12 PM

Note that DW is prepared to trade "right out of the draft" if they are offered a great package. He's also open to trading up or down, and doesn't have Tavares/Hedman/Duschene as his top three (probably MSP, Kane, and Schenn).

Feed Me A Stray Cat 05-23-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 19664394)
10th overall, Jordan Eberle and Jeff Petry for 4th overall and Kari Lehtonen :dunno:

4th > 10th
Lehtonen > Eberle

Where's the value here for Atlanta?

re5piration 05-23-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat (Post 19664427)
4th > 10th
Lehtonen > Eberle

Petry is the dealbreaker.

John Cena* 05-23-2009 02:34 PM

im hoping for the Thrashers to draft Kane . He will fit perfect in Atlanta , we need a player like him . And i also want us to keep Lehtonen and get rid of Pavelec .

i'd much rather trade Pavelec .

Pavelec , prospect ? , and 2nd round pick to Colorado for Wolski .

mercury 05-23-2009 03:21 PM

I think that the Flyers would (read: should) be interested in both Lehtonen and Pavelec.

Payaso619* 05-23-2009 03:46 PM

I can see the Canucks going after Evander Kane, our 1st round pick + Bieksa for your 4th +?

The Pucks 05-23-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payaso619 (Post 19665071)
I can see the Canucks going after Evander Kane, our 1st round pick + Bieksa for your 4th +?

Unless Vancouver really has something up their sleeve with the defence I dont think you see them move any regulars before UFA. With Ohlund pretty much gone, that leaves a fair sized hole.

Chayos 05-23-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat (Post 19664427)
4th > 10th
Lehtonen > Eberle

How about Cogliano, Petry and the 10th for 4th and Lehtonen

4thliner* 05-23-2009 04:11 PM

I don't know why Atlanta would pass up on the chance to draft a kid like Kane who can develop into a more skilled with the puck puckhandling version of Jarome Iginla. To tell you the truth, I like him as much and even better than Duschane. Kane's package of sheer offensive skill level and toughness gives him a HUGE potential. Dushane goes around guys and picks his spots and make snipers around him better, where Kane goes through guys and scored. Plus Kane's puck handling skills is just as good as Dushane. They are both wizards handling the puck. On weaker draft classes, a guy like Kane would be coming into this draft as a legit #1 overall guy. When this kid who is just 6-0 170 puts on weight and fills into his eventual 6-1 200+ frame, he will be sick in the NHL.

mercury 05-23-2009 04:13 PM

All right, hypothetically, what would Atlanta want from Philadelphia for this package? Lehtonen, Slater, Valabik, 4th overall.

CertifiedPublicGuin 05-23-2009 04:17 PM

I've had this pipe dream in my head for about 3 years now that the Pens could somehow end up with Paajarvi. It's OBVIOUSLY not happening, but if I had to take a stab, I'd toss out

Pens:
Staal
Caputi
63rd pick

Atlanta:
4th pick
Prospect of Atlanta's choosing.

This would potentially give Atlanta their center to grow with Kovalchuk; a signed center at that. Another power winger prospect, coveted within the Pens organization, and what is basically a late 2nd round pick, in a very, very deep draft.

I don't know what Atlanta's intentions are with Lehtonen, but the Pens don't have a need for him, so keeping him out of this trade allows Atlanta the option of moving him in another deal if they felt necessary... Lehtonen himself is surely worth a mid-late first round pick to some team who is looking for a young goalie with great break-out potential.

4thliner* 05-23-2009 04:20 PM

I don't see Kane getting past over after Hedman, Tavarez, and maybe Duschane, I don't think Paajarvi could be taken #4, if so the team that does it will be making a mistake.

AK 05-23-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 19665281)
All right, hypothetically, what would Atlanta want from Philadelphia for this package? Lehtonen, Slater, Valabik, 4th overall.

JVR and the Flyers' first, maybe.

Lehtonen and the 4th together have huge value.

The Pucks 05-23-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 19665281)

Carter.

You asked for it.

Oh wait, I am mistaken, I bet they would want Lupul and Jones.

The Pucks 05-23-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 19665375)

I dont see Atlanta being interested in that as a return. Lehtonen and the 4th overall does indeed have a pretty big value.

mercury 05-23-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pucks (Post 19665391)
Carter.

You asked for it.

Oh wait, I am mistaken, I bet they would want Lupul and Jones.

You know what? Don't EVER respond to one of my posts again. You add nothing to the conversation, and you are consistently wrong. Seriously, put me on ignore.

mercury 05-23-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

We'd have to send salary in return. Those are three RFA's, right?

CM- 05-23-2009 04:45 PM

well I know most other Canucks fans would have my head for suggesting this but what about the Sedins to Atlanta for 4th overall, 34th overall and Colby Armstrong, and Prospect Spencer Macahek (I personally don't like the Sedins so that is noted) of couse this would all be contigent on the Twins signing with Atlanta after the deal. Sedins in Atlanta would help to keep Kovalchuk around giving Atlanta 2 very good scoring lines.

The Pucks 05-23-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 19665429)
We'd have to send salary in return. Those are three RFA's, right?

Freaking hillarious!!!!!!

You go off on my like a little girl, then you try to brooker a deal with a Pens fan for Atlanta players, adn the first thing you say, "We'd have to send salary in return"

Damn you make this to easy, who you sending, oh wait, let me see if I can guess, hmmmmmmmmm RANDY JONES

Bwahhahahahahaha.

I dont add anything? I dunno, you have been posting the same posts for the past few weeks, peddling the same line, you get called on it and you go off, seems you might need to spend some time looking in a mirror.

The Pucks 05-23-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM- (Post 19665477)
well I know most other Canucks fans would have my head for suggesting this but what about the Sedins to Atlanta for 4th overall, 34th overall and Colby Armstrong, and Prospect Spencer Macahek (I personally don't like the Sedins so that is noted) of couse this would all be contigent on the Twins signing with Atlanta after the deal. Sedins in Atlanta would help to keep Kovalchuk around giving Atlanta 2 very good scoring lines.

Please explain why Atlanta would do this when all they would have to do is wait till July 1st and sign the Sedins and keep their assets?

If the Sedins sign with Vancouver you surely would expect some sort of NMC?

mercury 05-23-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

I was thinking something around Lupul, JVR, and the Flyers' 1st.

Norm MacDonald 05-23-2009 04:57 PM

A package of Lehtonen and the 4th would get nothing short of an elite player. Since there aren't that many elite players up for grabs on teams that are looking for goaltending, I think the Thrashers would trade a goalie, and then think about trading the pick in another deal.

I think this would be a better conversation to have once contract talks become more clear. If only one of Krejci or Kessel can be signed, I could see the Thrashers going for the one that isn't. One scenario that I see as more likely is the Thrashers just trading down a few spots in the draft (maybe to the Leafs #7) to add another solid roster player or two.

Then again, in a recent interview, Waddell mentioned that they don't have Tavares, Hedman and Duchene as their top 3. That could imply that they either aren't high on one of Hedman or Duchene, or that they really like a fourth player enough to break up the big three. If that's the case, I could see it being much more difficult for other teams to acquire the pick.

LEIFey 05-23-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 19665421)
You know what? Don't EVER respond to one of my posts again. You add nothing to the conversation, and you are consistently wrong. Seriously, put me on ignore.

he's actually right in this case. if the thrashers are throwing down a top-4 pick in a deep draft and good young players like lehtonen and valabik, they're going to ask for something pretty significant. the lupul/jones/carle/briere won't entice them at all.

that said, i don't think atlanta wants carter. they should be looking for a center to play with kovalchuk. carter hardly fits that bill.