HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pock Scores! Irony (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64504)

Park #2 03-23-2004 08:43 PM

Pock Scores! Irony

Found it ironic that Lundmark picked up the puck for Pock. He's now halfway to Jamie's season total.

Lundmark showed me little playing with Jags tonight. The 2 points were garbage points.

MisterUnspoken 03-23-2004 08:54 PM

If he cant renew his confidence in the offseason and show up to camp determined to be a first line player, then I will give up on him. After being stuck on the fourth line for long stretches not being asked to score then suddenly being thrust into a scoring role he cant be expected to score at will. It will take some time and practice (which this team doesn't do I'd imagine) and I think he deserves to get a fresh chance next year. How many times have organizations given up on players too early? Many times. I think Bertuzzi scored all of 6 pts or something like that his first season, imagine how Vancouver would feel if Bertuzzi was tearing it up for the Panthers or something while they were stuck with some ahl fodder. What im trying to say is "save Jamie", I think he needs a fresh start with a new system and new linemates next season right from the get go, and if he can't turn it around in that situation then maybe he isn't the player we thought he was.

Firefly 03-23-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park #2
Found it ironic that Lundmark picked up the puck for Pock. He's now halfway to Jamie's season total.

Lundmark showed me little playing with Jags tonight. The 2 points were garbage points.

yeah, still just floating around out there.

Potted Plant 03-23-2004 09:40 PM

ESPN credited the goal to RJ Umberger. Is he even signed? They don't seem to even know that Pock is dressed.

Firefly 03-23-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
ESPN credited the goal to RJ Umberger. Is he even signed? They don't seem to even know that Pock is dressed.

espn is stupid. and nope umberger isnt signed yet.

Winston Wolf 03-23-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu3shirt
espn is stupid. and nope umberger isnt signed yet.

Yeah, when Patrick Sharp scores for the Flyers they credit it to Mark Greig (Sharp has played like 40 games this season and they still do it.) :shakehead Idiots.

MHJS 03-23-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Yeah, when Patrick Sharp scores for the Flyers they credit it to Mark Greig. :shakehead Idiots.

Langfeld in Ottawa is credited as Jody Hull

Edge 03-23-2004 10:20 PM

you just knew he was gonna score.

the minute i heard he was playing tonight i said "this kid is gonna get a goal".

I can't imagine scoring a goal in the NHL and then heading back to college for class.

Fletch 03-24-2004 07:00 AM

Good for him...

hope we get to see a bit more of him. Wasn't that impressed, personally, but it's tough to assess a kid driving down from college to play an NHL game, without a practice, and without knowing any of his teammates. And, he had to have been nervous.

As for Lundmark...the kid cannot play in traffic well. Jagr's goal, however, came after Lundmark had taken a nice shot that was on goal. Again, to me, Lundmark is a left winger. He'll get away a bit from some of that traffic playing with the right guys, and will be able to use his shot. He ain't much of a playmaker.

AngerBlue 03-24-2004 10:03 AM

I was impressed with Pock's play. You noticed him on the ice and it wasn't because he was fumbling the puck all over. We have seen that before from guys like Nycholat. Now I am not saying he looked like a star, but he showed some poise for a kid who just got his big chance.

Lundmark continues to disappoint. He had a great game against Tampa 2 weeks ago, and hasn't shown anything since. If he only did anything with some speed, I would at least see some hope.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-24-2004 10:21 AM

I thought he was decent. Not sure why he was paired with Purinton. I think he is a good skater and I'm interested to see more.

Bluenote13 03-24-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I thought he was decent. Not sure why he was paired with Purinton. I think he is a good skater and I'm interested to see more.

Renney said he wanted to put him on with a defensive D-man.

I liked Pock's game, he was VERY confident with the puck, and those that dismiss his goal are wrong, that was a wicked wrister. Good player, IMO.

ddheyman 03-24-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Renney said he wanted to put him on with a defensive D-man.

I liked Pock's game, he was VERY confident with the puck, and those that dismiss his goal are wrong, that was a wicked wrister. Good player, IMO.

I liked the shot ... a little early to say he is a good player. Played a nice game last night though ... no HUGE glaring mistakes.

charliemurphy 03-24-2004 02:22 PM

What?

What exactly is going to make you content?
Lundy had two assists last night.Hasn't shown anything since? Are you kidding me?
Get off the Lundmark-hater bandwagon.
Look what he's been surrounded by since coming up.
Overpaid primadonnas, horrific coaching, injuries, etc. not the best conditions to develop in.
Get over it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngerBlue
I was impressed with Pock's play. You noticed him on the ice and it wasn't because he was fumbling the puck all over. We have seen that before from guys like Nycholat. Now I am not saying he looked like a star, but he showed some poise for a kid who just got his big chance.

Lundmark continues to disappoint. He had a great game against Tampa 2 weeks ago, and hasn't shown anything since. If he only did anything with some speed, I would at least see some hope.

Edge 03-24-2004 02:26 PM

i think most people are looking for a consistent effort.

If Lundmark gets more consitent with the play that got him drafted in the first place, people will come around.

But that is up to Lundmark to bring.

charliemurphy 03-24-2004 02:39 PM

That's my point.
People are jumping on Lundmark of all people for all of the wrong reasons.Lundmark is not the problem with the Rangers.
The consistency will come.
As soon as the team becomes consistent.
I rather have everyone ask about who is going to come in and coach this team. No doubt in my mind that Lundmark can be a 1st/2nd line C'man within a good system. A system is something the Rangers have lacked for god knows how long. Just don't understand why people are so quick to get rid of Lundy? Other teams would love to have Jamie. Because they would know how to use him.
My concern as of right now as a Ranger fan is, in this order is:
Brian Leetch hoisting the Stanley Cup over his head.
The Upcoming Draft.
Lockout/Next season?
COACH?
FA's signings.
Oh, and as a consumer, Dolan's word on lowering tix prices.
Jamie Lundmark not performing this year is not on my list of things to worry about.

ddheyman 03-24-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliemurphy
That's my point.
People are jumping on Lundmark of all people for all of the wrong reasons.Lundmark is not the problem with the Rangers.
The consistency will come.
As soon as the team becomes consistent.
I rather have everyone ask about who is going to come in and coach this team. No doubt in my mind that Lundmark can be a 1st/2nd line C'man within a good system. A system is something the Rangers have lacked for god knows how long. Just don't understand why people are so quick to get rid of Lundy? Other teams would love to have Jamie. Because they would know how to use him.
My concern as of right now as a Ranger fan is, in this order is:
Brian Leetch hoisting the Stanley Cup over his head.
The Upcoming Draft.
Lockout/Next season?
COACH?
FA's signings.
Oh, and as a consumer, Dolan's word on lowering tix prices.
Jamie Lundmark not performing this year is not on my list of things to worry about.

OK, I will agree with you in that Lundmark is not the be all and end all of the issues facing the Rangers and he has become a HUGE topic on this board.

However, as the "future captain and first line center" on this team, his lack of performance has to be a concern for the future of this team. He is THE ONLY forward prospect on this team that was rated highly and actually made it to the NHL on the Rangers in the past several years (I think ... other than maholtra and brendl) and everyone is kind of disappointed in his performance to date.

Can he improve? Yes. Will he? I don't know.

Is it of foremost importance for the team? No. We can always go out and sign someone ... but I think the reason he has been so scrutinized is that WE WANT him to succeed here and do well, so we can root for that highly touted homegrown kid who succeeded here (at least its the reason I'm dissappointed in him so far).

AngerBlue 03-24-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Lundy had two assists last night.Hasn't shown anything since? Are you kidding me?
Overpaid primadonnas, horrific coaching, injuries, etc. not the best conditions to develop in.
Get over it.

Lets see I point out how he was good in a game where he had 0 points, that must make me a hater. I would love to see the guy put it together. He shows flashes that make you think he might get it. The Tampa game was the perfect example, he came out showed legs and forced his way to getting minutes. I really liked that. Give me five more games like that and I would be real happy.

Park #2 03-25-2004 08:54 AM

Quote:

Get over it.

The two assists came through no skill of his own, and I am a Lundmark supporter. He as shown nothing this entire year - and continues to show nothing when getting 15-18 minutes a game. When he is being outplayed by Josh Green, that is a problem.