HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Happiness Is... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64508)

HABit 03-23-2004 08:52 PM

Happiness Is...

...Tuning in to TSN and watching the Leafs getting clobbered! :handclap:

Tampa Bay is leading 7-2 with 1 minute left! :joker:

Knucklez 03-23-2004 09:43 PM

I thought happiness was a warm gun?

But you're right too :D

Vicious 03-23-2004 09:53 PM

Happiness is a fish you cna't catch.

NAME THAT BAND!

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 03-23-2004 10:29 PM

as much as I hate the leafs, I still don`t want to have to play either Tampa or Philly in the first round and since it theres a good chance we`ll be playing one of the 2 I`d prefer to see Toronto win and move into the second spot...(I think I`m gonna be sick)

HABitude 03-23-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knucklez

You know your classics. :p
Bang-bang shoot-shoot !! :p
Mother Superior jumped to gun

Clumsyhab 03-23-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
Happiness is a fish you cna't catch.

NAME THAT BAND!

It's happiness is not a fish that you can catch, by Our Lady Peace, the greatest Canadian band ever :yo: . "Clumsyhab" comes from their hit "Clumsy"!

HABit 03-23-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
It's happiness is not a fish that you can catch, by Our Lady Peace, the greatest Canadian band ever :yo: . "Clumsyhab" comes from their hit "Clumsy"!

Our Lady Peace RULES!!! Superman's Dead! :yo:

Raider917 03-23-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABit
...Tuning in to TSN and watching the Leafs getting clobbered! :handclap:

Tampa Bay is leading 7-2 with 1 minute left! :joker:

it was belfour for the full 60 minutes tonight too. it wasnt kidds fault at all tonight. i want too see them in the first round. maybe 4-5 or 3-6 but theyll have to start winning to get 3rd.

sandman08 03-23-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

hehe olp follows me everywhere apparently
(i post on an olp board too)
and yeah if i wasnt beat to it, i was gonna say "is not a fish you can catch"

although watching the leafs get beat was fun too :lol:
(specially that one goal where belfour gave it to the dude)
my only complaint, dan boyle had no points.. and since i dont get pts for +/- (he was plus 3) i got nothin out of that game for my hockey pool, a good chance to pad my slim (8 pt) lead wasted lol

EquabaleAce 03-23-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

i still think Naveed way their best single ever. Does that ever get you pumped before a game.

sandman08 03-23-2004 11:12 PM

naveed rocks
still one the best songs ive ever heard live (although the wonderful future off of spiritual machines is by far THE best song ive ever heard live)
whatever is pretty rockin too

EquabaleAce 03-23-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
naveed rocks
still one the best songs ive ever heard live (although the wonderful future off of spiritual machines is by far THE best song ive ever heard live)
whatever is pretty rockin too

i missed OLP 3 times live, and i am still kicking myself for it. I heard that they are amazing live, so i went out and got the live cd the day it came out, and everyone was right, they are amazing live. :yo:

sandman08 03-23-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
i missed OLP 3 times live, and i am still kicking myself for it. I heard that they are amazing live, so i went out and got the live cd the day it came out, and everyone was right, they are amazing live. :yo:

the live cd sucks compared to the real thing :lol:

(ive seen em ummm.. 15 times heh)
my friend is the webmaster for ourladypeace.net so she took me to a "few " shows and stuff.. (i think i went to 10 shows w/ or because of her (i won tix from .net)

Dutchy 03-23-2004 11:19 PM

For me, happiness is spooning with J. V.

tritone 03-23-2004 11:42 PM

Quote:

Alright , it has nothing to do with hockey but ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
Please give me a break.
1. You may love Our Lady Peace . It does not make them the greatest band
2. Music is art . What you feel may not be what another feels
3. If you want to get technical...learn how to spell a Major Seventh chord and get back to me with your half valid opinion about music.
4. Rush , Triumph , Gordon Lightfoot , The Guess Who , Bryan Adams , Celine Dion ALL HAVE SOLD MORE ALBUMS THAN your supposed greatest Canadian band.
5. No , I don't claim to like all of the above mentioned bands nor do I claim to dislike OLP . But damn I hate when people say things like that.

Knucklez 03-23-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

OLP used to be good, Naveed and Starseed are awesome songs. But their new stuff, jeez, it kind of blows, Innocent :shakehead:

Does anyone listen to Sam Roberts and his band? They are the best Canadian band out there right now, they are amazing live (saw them in October), and to top it off, they're from Montreal and are huge Habs fans!

sandman08 03-23-2004 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
2. Music is art . What you feel may not be what another feels

that quote sums it up in this situation
he's a huge OLP fan and therefore feels theyre the greatest canuck band ever.
in this case, objectivity is non-existant

tritone 03-23-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
that quote sums it up in this situation
he's a huge OLP fan and therefore feels theyre the greatest canuck band ever.
in this case, objectivity is non-existant

That's my whole point. Just say they are MY FAVORITE band . Don't imply that they are the best because you are affected by them more than any other band .
Anyway, I've already taken that way too seriously for a hockey board thread. nuff said

HABit 03-23-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
That's my whole point. Just say they are MY FAVORITE band . Don't imply that they are the best because you are affected by them more than any other band .
Anyway, I've already taken that way too seriously for a hockey board thread. nuff said

So what if he said they are the greatest band ever. He is entitled to say whatever he pleases how he pleases. If you don't like how he said it then you are entitled not to listen.

Why don't you go to the Leafs board and answer one of their posts that claim the Leafs are the best hockey team ever.

Quagmier 03-24-2004 02:54 AM

MY favorite Canadian artist would have to be Neil Young, although OLP does deserve mention in the upper echelon (W? GUess Who, Joni Mitchell, Young, Triumph, heck even Rush!)

Whoever posted that Sam Roberts is the best Canadian band out there is exactly right! :dunno: He's cool, he's talented, and he's a great Canadian

props to Sam Roberts :bow:

Tuggy 03-24-2004 03:00 AM

Naveed is one of my favorite CD's but I only like a few songs after that album. Superman's Dead being one of my favorites. Their new stuff is crap IMO :rolly:

I have seen them play live twice...once in an arena and the other time outside at Summersault. Kinda funny though because they played the exact same set both times :/ but that was a while ago so they played most stuff off of Naveed and Clumsy :D

s7ark 03-24-2004 03:09 AM

Quote:

Always nice to see a Los Beatles reference! Good ol' white album. Classic!

Joe Maximum 03-24-2004 05:20 AM

Quote:

Superman isn't dead, he plays for the habs and wears number 11

EquabaleAce 03-24-2004 05:34 PM

Quote:

OLP used to be good, Naveed and Starseed are awesome songs. But their new stuff, jeez, it kind of blows, Innocent :shakehead:

Does anyone listen to Sam Roberts and his band? They are the best Canadian band out there right now, they are amazing live (saw them in October), and to top it off, they're from Montreal and are huge Habs fans!

i think i wore that album out, being sam roberts, he probably is the bes canadian artist out there now, and he isn't bad live either, from what i remember of his concert, there was cheap beer. NOTE: don't mix a caper and cheep beer. LOL My buddy almost smoked Sam with a glow stick or something, and the funny thing about it was that i saw it from the other side of the stage. hehe

sandman08 03-24-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
i think i wore that album out, being sam roberts, he probably is the bes canadian artist out there now, and he isn't bad live either, from what i remember of his concert, there was cheap beer. NOTE: don't mix a caper and cheep beer. LOL My buddy almost smoked Sam with a glow stick or something, and the funny thing about it was that i saw it from the other side of the stage. hehe

dude i think it should be "dont mix a nova scotian" with cheap beer :lol: