HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack Offseason Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=646428)

squishy 04-30-2009 11:26 AM

Hartford Wolf Pack Offseason Thread

Torts on Anisimov (mostly for Jarkko, cause I know he doesn't follow the Rangers all that closely):

Quote:

ďI have a pretty good idea of whatís here now. I donít know the minor leagues. Jimmy and Glen have been great explaining to me Ö I donít even know how to pronounce his name ó I call him Artie (Anisimov). I liked the way he played in Game 7. I donít think he was nervous. Itís a big body. Iím anxious to see him in camp.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...m-breakup-day/

Bring on September! :D

eco's bones 04-30-2009 12:28 PM

Anisimov looked good to me too. It didn't seem though that his line got any ice time in the 3rd--maybe a shift here and there for Sjostrom and might be why the ice seem so tilted. Looking back I think Tortorella should have kept rolling lines.

Levitate 04-30-2009 12:43 PM

Yeah Anisimov only got about five and a half minutes of icetime

NYR Viper 04-30-2009 01:11 PM

5 and a half minutes was fine considering he had voros on his line. Plus it was his first NHL playoff game, etc. He looked good in his little time, looking ofrward to seeing him in camp.

Jarkko Immonen 04-30-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 19357269)
Torts on Anisimov (mostly for Jarkko, cause I know he doesn't follow the Rangers all that closely):

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...m-breakup-day/

Bring on September! :D

I actually saw that. And I do too follow the Rangers! I just don't get to watch them as often as the rest of you lucky lot. Cox Cable doesn't care to carry MSG for us here in Connecticut. :(

But for the record I'm a big Rangers fan. :D

gravytrain6t 05-01-2009 01:14 AM

Does anyone think PAP fits this "Tortorella mold type player?" The past 3 seasons, he has had really solid years. 2 with Hartford and the first one with both Portland and Norfolk i believe. I mean if the Rangers do not trade Gomez. You guys think he could mesh well with Gomez? Talk about a guy who's payed his dues at the professional level.
Even Mark Bell showed impressive numbers since coming to the Pack. He shot up to a +18 and showed some offense. He's big too at 6'4" 220lbs.

levski87 05-01-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravytrain6t (Post 19368956)
Does anyone think PAP fits this "Tortorella mold type player?" The past 3 seasons, he has had really solid years. 2 with Hartford and the first one with both Portland and Norfolk i believe. I mean if the Rangers do not trade Gomez. You guys think he could mesh well with Gomez? Talk about a guy who's payed his dues at the professional level.
Even Mark Bell showed impressive numbers since coming to the Pack. He shot up to a +18 and showed some offense. He's big too at 6'4" 220lbs.

I think Bell might have a shot at the team. His size is a definite plus, but I don't know anything about his skating ability and his shot.

Ola 05-01-2009 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravytrain6t (Post 19368956)

My take on PAP is that he is a very good hockeyplayer, but just not NHL materia.

And if you got room for a PAP on your NHL roster -- there are 30 PAP's in Europe, and even on other AHL teams, that are better then PAP. Like why play PAP in hte NHL when you could sign a better player in Lubos Bartecko instead any day?

squishy 05-01-2009 06:02 AM

Unless the Rangers offer him a contract he can't refuse (and they won't) P.A. won't be back. He wants to play in the NHL. He's spent two years here without even a sniff. He'll go where he can get a better shot, and if he doesn't get it, he'll go to Europe like he planned to last year already.

Unless it's for depth in Hartford, Bell won't be resigned.

Sammy the Great 05-01-2009 08:30 AM

Bell is going to have to take league minimum and 2-way deal, or possibly even a tryout opportunity to get another shot. Wherever that may be, who knows, but at a deep disount, league minimum, someone will give him a shot b/c the salary would salary cap friendly.

Whether he can still play at the NHL...i.e. totally cleared up personal issues and frankly gets quicker, is another question.

PAP, as Squishy notes, is gone. To be honest, good for him, he deserves to go somewhere he will get an opportunity to prove himself at the NHL level. A legit shot, and who knows he may prove some right that he is a career AHL'er or show others that he has the NHL makeup offensively and defensively. My guess, it's the latter that some are unsure of. That's not my opinion, just a guess.

Lion Hound 05-01-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy the Great (Post 19370288)
Bell is going to have to take league minimum and 2-way deal, or possibly even a tryout opportunity to get another shot. Wherever that may be, who knows, but at a deep disount, league minimum, someone will give him a shot b/c the salary would salary cap friendly.

Whether he can still play at the NHL...i.e. totally cleared up personal issues and frankly gets quicker, is another question.

PAP, as Squishy notes, is gone. To be honest, good for him, he deserves to go somewhere he will get an opportunity to prove himself at the NHL level. A legit shot, and who knows he may prove some right that he is a career AHL'er or show others that he has the NHL makeup offensively and defensively. My guess, it's the latter that some are unsure of. That's not my opinion, just a guess.

I am hoping that Bell can get back in the right frame of mind. I watched him a lot when he was with the Hawks. I see him as a way better player than Voros...<--at least he was. But they bring many of the same intangibles, except I thought Bell was just a little better as a physical presence. Better forechecker, he actually knocked people down! As a fighter they are both terrible. Offensively I think they are pretty even. But overall I thought Bell the bigger of the two was slightly better as a skater, and overall had mopre upside. All of that of course if...IF this guy can get in the right frame of mind. NY is no place to battle an alcohol/drug addiction.

Sammy the Great 05-01-2009 09:28 AM

Yeah, I agree Lion. Better than Voros for sure and would be much cheaper too. I saw a few articles on him since his DUI incident in SJ. I know his words certainly made it clear that he has that aspect of his life in order, but I don't know him personally, so no idea on his actions. But I'd like to believe he has.

gravytrain6t 05-02-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy the Great (Post 19370288)

I doubt PAP will be back either. But I do have to hand it to him. He hasn't given up. And he's remained consistant as far as point per season the last few years. He deserves a shot at the NHL and like you said, no one can say what he will or won't be capable of, until he gets his chance.
But I do expect Byers to make this team. If he's not a Tortorella type player than IDK who is. Besides Lecavalier, St. Louis, and Richards.

gravytrain6t 05-02-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Hound (Post 19370706)
I am hoping that Bell can get back in the right frame of mind. I watched him a lot when he was with the Hawks. I see him as a way better player than Voros...<--at least he was. But they bring many of the same intangibles, except I thought Bell was just a little better as a physical presence. Better forechecker, he actually knocked people down! As a fighter they are both terrible. Offensively I think they are pretty even. But overall I thought Bell the bigger of the two was slightly better as a skater, and overall had mopre upside. All of that of course if...IF this guy can get in the right frame of mind. NY is no place to battle an alcohol/drug addiction.

Wow, it's a shame. Don Murdoch too. Both players could have really helped their teams. But we need to do something with that fourth line. Orr is a great fighter. But we need someone who can play some hockey. Fotiu for instance. He at least had the ability to knock in 8 to 10 goals with 10+ assists a season. Same thing with Domi.

nrf83 05-02-2009 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=Lion Hound;19370706]I am hoping that Bell can get back in the right frame of mind. I watched him a lot when he was with the Hawks. I see him as a way better player than Voros...<--at least he was. But they bring many of the same intangibles, except I thought Bell was just a little better as a physical presence. Better forechecker, he actually knocked people down! As a fighter they are both terrible. Offensively I think they are pretty even. But overall I thought Bell the bigger of the two was slightly better as a skater, and overall had mopre upside. All of that of course if...IF this guy can get in the right frame of mind. NY is no place to battle an alcohol/drug addiction.[/QUOTE

this part of your quote makes absolutely no sense. I suppose Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto etc etc is an ok place to be an addict instead of NY. I don't care if you are in Bumf**k, Maine if you want to score drugs or drink its easy to come by. Addiction is not confined to a geographical area; if you have it you battle every day to stay clean.

Vitto79 05-02-2009 05:23 PM

if he is smart he takes the league min 500 K cause that gives him a better shot at being the 12/13th forward on the Rangers

Actually I think Orr only plays against teams with enforcers this year and a cheap alternative like Bell plays the others

Voros and Rissmiller are going to be playing in Hartford all year. 1 million to be a minor leaguer and live in Hartford CT is not bad

Vitto79 05-03-2009 12:17 PM

I would predict Anisimov, Byers, Potter make the Rangers next year

Sauer has a shot too

Jarkko Immonen 05-03-2009 02:32 PM

Sauer better make it over Potter.

asparkoflife 05-04-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 19399513)

Totally agreed. Sauer outplayed Potter all season long.

nyr2k2 05-04-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 19399513)

Agreed completely. Sauer was by far the better defensive defenseman, and ended up relatively close in terms of offensive production.

I do like Potter, but I just don't see much upside with him. Assuming he and Sauer were equals (I still give the nod to Sauer), I'd rather play the guy with greater upside.

ThirdEye 05-04-2009 12:46 PM

I like Sauer's size. 6'3 and almost 220 I think? He looked big and strong out there when he got the chance to play a few games

I also don't see much with Potter, but that's only because he's older than Sauer and yet hasn't really distinguished himself from him. Obviously it's easier to get excited about the younger player

Is Girardi a good comparison to Sauer?

NYROrtsFan 05-04-2009 12:48 PM

Sauer has to dig himself out of a hole with Torts though... Although I disagree with Torts, he just thought Sauer was overmatched. First impressions are lasting impressions so Sauer has to be that much better than everyone else.

FLYLine24 05-04-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan (Post 19411669)
Sauer has to dig himself out of a hole with Torts though... Although I disagree with Torts, he just thought Sauer was overmatched. First impressions are lasting impressions so Sauer has to be that much better than everyone else.

What hole is he in with Torts?

Rangers gave him his cup of tea last season, gave him a few games, then wanted to see what Potter could do..he is in no hole.

ThirdEye 05-04-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan (Post 19411669)

You can't really blame him for having a bad game against Pittsburgh. All of our defensemen are usually overmatched when we play them

Thirty One 05-04-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine24 (Post 19411679)
What hole is he in with Torts?

Rangers gave him his cup of tea last season, gave him a few games, then wanted to see what Potter could do..he is in no hole.

did they want to see what Potter could do, or were they forced to see what he could do because Tortorella was done with Sauer?

I don't think either Potter or Sauer make the team.