HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Young top 6 wingers this offseason (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=646429)

mdm815 05-29-2009 08:42 AM

Young top 6 wingers this offseason

I am just curious, what players in the top six role who are around 25 years old and ~50 pt players are available this offseason (excluding Lupul)? Also what kinds of cap hits do they have, and how many teams are looking to add a top 6 player? Thanks

LEIFey 05-29-2009 08:48 AM

haha, i find it hilarious that you have to expressly exclude lupul. he does fit your requirements to a tee though:)

solo16 05-29-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdm815 (Post 19726436)
I am just curious, what players in the top six role who are around 25 years old and ~50 pt players are available this offseason (excluding Lupul)? Also what kinds of cap hits do they have, and how many teams are looking to add a top 6 player? Thanks

Filpulla and Hudler from Detroit

Filp 3M x 4yrs
Hudler RFA

Both possibly available for a heavy package of future considerations.

You could probably Include

Leino RFA in that group. He is likely a 50P guy.

JP1415 05-29-2009 08:59 AM

Drew Stafford - RFA

bigbadbruins1 05-29-2009 10:48 AM

Phil Kessel- RFA
(don't expect to get him though.)

BattleGuy 05-29-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 (Post 19727436)
Phil Kessel- RFA
(don't expect to get him though.)

If they don't sign him by July 1st expect a hefty offer sheet.

BillyShoe1721 05-29-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo16 (Post 19726479)

Filp 3M x 4yrs
Hudler RFA

I don't think there's any way Detroit lets Ville go. Give him time and I think he can become a 70-80 point player.

solo16 05-29-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 19727851)
I don't think there's any way Detroit lets Ville go. Give him time and I think he can become a 70-80 point player.

Agreed. But mostly because he will cost 1/3 of the other 2 people. All these players wouldn't be available except for contract crunch.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 05-29-2009 12:16 PM

Zherdev

kmillzy5 05-29-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by section8 (Post 19727681)
If they don't sign him by July 1st expect a hefty offer sheet.

Could be similar to what happened with Vanek 2 years back. .
-Pittsburgh always has an open spot for ya Phil! :thumbu:
. . . . .. i know the cap says otherwise though. .

AKAY47 05-29-2009 12:50 PM

Filppula, and he's coming to LA

West Coast Isles Fan 05-29-2009 01:05 PM

Higgins is an RFA. I'd love for the Islanders to get him somehow.

solo16 05-29-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAY47 (Post 19728807)
Filppula, and he's coming to LA

You can have him straight up for your first the 5th overall. Hell we will probably even thrown in a lowish pick (3rd or below) for the 5th overall. I think anything more than that would be typical HF pick over valuation. Though Second would be a possibility in theory.

Hudler would be cheeper imo.

Gilligans Island 05-29-2009 01:13 PM

From the Sharks, Milan Michalek may be available. $4.33m cap hit through the 2013-14 season.

sgupca 05-29-2009 01:14 PM

Matt Stajan - i expect him to be moved this summer.

BallinLikeComrie 05-29-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo16 (Post 19726479)

Filp 3M x 4yrs
Hudler RFA

From the sens I would give up our 1st this year (9th) or someone like brian lee for filppula.

sgupca 05-29-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Isles Fan (Post 19728980)
Higgins is an RFA. I'd love for the Islanders to get him somehow.

I have a feeling that he might be moved there this summer.

A top line of

Higgins - Tavares - Okposo

would be a great starting block for the Isles.

solo16 05-29-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallinLikeComrie (Post 19729089)
From the sens I would give up our 1st this year (9th) or someone like brian lee for filppula.

I think that type of offer would be considered by Holland if only for salary considerations. Though detroit would like to keep Filp. We are fairly likely to move Hudler.

If Hudler (under 2M) and Hossa (6M or below) are willing to sign sweetheart deals and a good offer is made for Filp. I consider anything above the 15th overall to be better than Fair Value. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal was made.

If Hossa is gone 100% certain Filp is not moved as he has considerable more value to the DRW than Hudler.

BallinLikeComrie 05-29-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo16 (Post 19729144)
I think that type of offer would be considered by Holland if only for salary considerations. Though detroit would like to keep Filp. We are fairly likely to move Hudler.

If Hudler (under 2M) and Hossa (6M or below) are willing to sign sweetheart deals and a good offer is made for Filp. I consider anything above the 15th overall to be better than Fair Value. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal was made.

If Hossa is gone 100% certain Filp is not moved as he has considerable more value to the DRW than Hudler.

Would you consider brian lee eonugh for filppula? I was debating this in the sens forum earlier today.

PeterTheGreat 05-29-2009 01:32 PM

Marek Svatos-Would want a 2nd rounder at least in this years draft.

Wojtek Wolski-A young potential starting goalie or young dman.

solo16 05-29-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallinLikeComrie (Post 19729199)
Would you consider brian lee eonugh for filppula? I was debating this in the sens forum earlier today.

I think Holland would consider it. Must his waiver eligibility would be a big factor.

How many waiver exempt years does he have left? He would need to have at least 2. (next two years)

Detroit doesn't really need offensive depth but with lids retiring soonish we don't mind adding another blue chipper.

Rafi Stuart
Kronwall Ericsson

Are our 4 rather stable defensemen who will be on the team for the next 5 years.

Lee would join Kindl and Smith fighting to break that team. These Blue chippers only need beat out Lebda, Lilja, meech for a long term spot. While I personally would perfer some forward talent if any one of Kindl, Smith, Lee become a franchise defensemen Detroit would be in good shape for post lidstrom years.

That said you can never have to much depth and defensemen of this quality are easy to trade so yes i think we would consider Lee.

BallinLikeComrie 05-29-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo16 (Post 19729306)
I think Holland would consider it. Must his waiver eligibility would be a big factor.

How many waiver exempt years does he have left? He would need to have at least 2. (next two years)

Detroit doesn't really need offensive depth but with lids retiring soonish we don't mind adding another blue chipper.

Rafi Stuart
Kronwall Ericsson

Are our 4 rather stable defensemen who will be on the team for the next 5 years.

Lee would join Kindl and Smith fighting to break that team. These Blue chippers only need beat out Lebda, Lilja, meech for a long term spot. While I personally would perfer some forward talent if any one of Kindl, Smith, Lee become a franchise defensemen Detroit would be in good shape for post lidstrom years.

That said you can never have to much depth and defensemen of this quality are easy to trade so yes i think we would consider Lee.

I think his rookie deal expires after this upcoming season. I cant see him being in for a huge raise unless he explodes this year. From a sens perspective this would be a much better deal instead of the 9th this year I think. Lee is a pretty solid dman who really turned it on late in the season, but personally I think the sens could use Filpulla up front more so than Lee on the backend.

projexns 05-29-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks junkie (Post 19729063)
From the Sharks, Milan Michalek may be available. $4.33m cap hit through the 2013-14 season.

Wouldn't Cheechoo be available before Michalek?

Sharks already have a top six of Thornton, Marleau, Michalek, Pavelski, Clowe, Setoguchi without Jonathan.

If I were Atlanta I'd put the 34th pick of the '09 draft on the table for him, and see if the Sharks could get a better offer.

solo16 05-29-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallinLikeComrie (Post 19729355)
I think his rookie deal expires after this upcoming season. I cant see him being in for a huge raise unless he explodes this year. From a sens perspective this would be a much better deal instead of the 9th this year I think. Lee is a pretty solid dman who really turned it on late in the season, but personally I think the sens could use Filpulla up front more so than Lee on the backend.

Well i dont think its the ideal deal for Detroit. But the value is decent if we have to free up cap space. Holland would definitely consider it.

nyrtrublue 05-29-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat (Post 19729274)
Marek Svatos-Would want a 2nd rounder at least in this years draft.

Wojtek Wolski-A young potential starting goalie or young dman.

Rangers need an inexpensive foward with skill what would u think of some kind of deal involving giraridi. im not a fan of moving giraridi but defensive depth is a rangers strength