HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs moving back in draft to #13 slot (buffalo) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=646530)

burke4life 05-29-2009 04:16 PM

Leafs moving back in draft to #13 slot (buffalo)

According to http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31878 what this guy has to say, Ryan Ellis will get drafted 13th overall.
Now lets say HYPOTHETICALLY leafs want to move back to 13th to draft him. What would Buffalo have to give T.O to move up?

Drew75 05-29-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burke4life (Post 19731133)
According to http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31878 what this guy has to say, Ryan Ellis will get drafted 13th overall.
Now lets say HYPOTHETICALLY leafs want to move back to 13th to draft him. What would Buffalo have to give T.O to move up?

As there's a drop off after 7 ... T. Meyers :naughty:

seanlinden 05-29-2009 04:28 PM

Not many attractive pieces in Buffalo... wouldn't consider moving down to 13 unless Tyler Myers was coming our way. Perhaps consider Derek Roy.

That being said, problably not happening.

enrothorne 05-29-2009 04:43 PM

Not likely for Buffalo to select a D with their first pick. The org needs some F depth especially with size.

sgupca 05-29-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew75 (Post 19731207)
As there's a drop off after 7 ... T. Meyers :naughty:

Its Myers....and no chance we (the leafs) get him :P

JT 91 NYI* 05-29-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfried (Post 19731241)
Not many attractive pieces in Buffalo... wouldn't consider moving down to 13 unless Tyler Myers was coming our way. Perhaps consider Derek Roy.

Derek Roy to move up 6 spots?

:facepalm:

CaptPantalones 05-29-2009 05:25 PM

Buffalo wont move up. They'll stay there and take Kassian, and if not him, Ellis

SLAPSHOT723 05-29-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptPantalones (Post 19731722)
Buffalo wont move up. They'll stay there and take Kassian, and if not him, Ellis

If they can move up to 7, they can pick up Schroder or Cowan. Both will be better than Kassian and Ellis, respectively.

Tyler Myers 05-29-2009 09:33 PM

the leafs need forwards

SLAPSHOT723 05-29-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Taveras (Post 19733718)
the leafs need forwards

I would think they need another defenseman, like Voctir Hadmen.

HarriSateri 05-29-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Yes, give up Myers to move up to draft a player who won't be as good as Myers. Seems like a solid idea.

Chandrashekhar Limit 05-29-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 19733847)
I would think they need another defenseman, like Voctir Hadmen.

Well, we do need another young top 4 defenceman. But, i would guess if we move down to 13, it would be for one of Ellis, or Moore. However, this teams biggest needs are for top line forwards and goalies. To move down to 13, i think we would probably ask for a good forward or goalie prospect. Maybe something could be worked around the 7th overall, 13th overall, and Enroth.

New Sabres Captain 05-30-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT (Post 19733944)
Well, we do need another young top 4 defenceman. But, i would guess if we move down to 13, it would be for one of Ellis, or Moore. However, this teams biggest needs are for top line forwards and goalies. To move down to 13, i think we would probably ask for a good forward or goalie prospect. Maybe something could be worked around the 7th overall, 13th overall, and Enroth.

When was the last time a team traded one of their top prospects to move up 6 spots--and not even into the top 5??

Toronto is NOT getting Myers or Enroth, so you guys can stop tossing them in like they're worthless.

Chandrashekhar Limit 05-30-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug (Post 19734599)
When was the last time a team traded one of their top prospects to move up 6 spots--and not even into the top 5??

Toronto is NOT getting Myers or Enroth, so you guys can stop tossing them in like they're worthless.

Where in my post does it say top prosepect? I said a good forward or goalie prospect. Secondly, in this years draft, after 7 there is a talent drop off. Teams have to overpay this year to get into the top 7, specially when its a drop of 6 spots. Next, it says a deal could be worked around the 7th, Enroth, and 13th. Enroth is not that good. With Miller signed till 2013, why does Buffalo even need him?

Oh, and finally, maybe read a post carefully before flaming away.

is the answer jesus 05-30-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT (Post 19734648)
Where in my post does it say top prosepect? I said a good forward or goalie prospect. Secondly, in this years draft, after 7 there is a talent drop off. We are not dropping for scraps or spare parts. Next, it says a could be worked around the 7th, Enroth, and 13th. Enroth is good, but not that good. With Miller signed till 2013, why does Buffalo even need him?

Oh, and finally, maybe read a post carefully before flaming away.

You may not have said top prospect, but thats what Enroth is. He's one of our top 2 or 3 prospects. and yes he is that good.

Chandrashekhar Limit 05-30-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by is the answer jesus (Post 19734690)
You may not have said top prospect, but thats what Enroth is. He's one of our top 2 or 3 prospects. and yes he is that good.

He's not that good. Harding has proven alot more and Enroth is not Harding good. But serously it says around that pick. When i say around, that means it could be adjusted, or added to. Miller is your starting goalie and everyone knows that. So why do you think its farfetched that you deal him, in this years draft to fill another hole in your organization?

TheFisherKing 05-30-2009 12:40 AM

13th and ennis for 7th.

Chandrashekhar Limit 05-30-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DietCokeHead (Post 19734798)
13th and ennis for 7th.

All for it. I think the leafs might need to add a second rounder to that.

Quik 05-30-2009 01:01 AM

According to this guy, Schenn is going 7th, why would Burke trade down when the guy he wants falls into his laps?

Chandrashekhar Limit 05-30-2009 01:05 AM

Lets say the leafs do move to 13. If we have the choice to draft either Ellis or Moore, whom do we go with? I say Moore.

wayne98 05-30-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

it wasnt a toronto fan that made this trade proposal, and the question was asked what Buff. would have to give up to get the leafs pick, and there is no way in hell that toronto trades that pick for nothing but the 13th pick, especially when the drop off of talent is pretty high after 7th. So buff would have to give up something significant, it is 6 places in the draft after all, so ya you can be almost certain burke wouild ask for myers, not saying buff would be smart to do that, but thats probably what it would take.

EucaLEAFtys 05-30-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

While I can't see Burke dropping that far down, if he did, I would expect that he would want guys like Myers and Enroth as well as the 13th pick (and probably more).

Also, I don't think that anyone here was calling either Myers or Enroth "worthless". I know I'm not.

Furious George 05-30-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne98 (Post 19734955)
it wasnt a toronto fan that made this trade proposal, and the question was asked what Buff. would have to give up to get the leafs pick, and there is no way in hell that toronto trades that pick for nothing but the 13th pick, especially when the drop off of talent is pretty high after 7th. So buff would have to give up something significant, it is 6 places in the draft after all, so ya you can be almost certain burke wouild ask for myers, not saying buff would be smart to do that, but thats probably what it would take.

He might as well ask for Roy, Miller, Enroth, Ennis, and Stafford in addition to Myers. He's going to get the same response from Darcy Regier.

Old Navy Goat 05-30-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT (Post 19734715)
He's not that good. Harding has proven alot more and Enroth is not Harding good. But serously it says around that pick. When i say around, that means it could be adjusted, or added to. Miller is your starting goalie and everyone knows that. So why do you think its farfetched that you deal him, in this years draft to fill another hole in your organization?

Maybe you should do a little research as Enroth is the only potential NHL caliber goalie signed in the organization outside of Miller and Lalime. They couldn't let him go without needing to sign or trade for another goalie. Smart teams deal from a positional strength which goalie and forward isn't for Buffalo. If the Leafs wanted a prospect to entice Buffalo to move up it would have to come from the Brennan, Gragnani, Schleistel, Weber, Persson logjam.

Go Habs Go 05-30-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

lol you want Buffalo to give up one of their best players if not the best to move up 6 spots?