HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Hemsky for the Kostitsyns (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=646531)

WJG 05-29-2009 04:16 PM

Hemsky for the Kostitsyns
 
Just for fun. Would it be fair?

Hemsky is the best player in the deal, but I think A. Kostitsyn could someday be just as good. S. Kostitsyn also had great chemistry with Gagner in the OHL.

Joey Moss 05-29-2009 04:18 PM

:laugh: No it would not be even close.

Natedawg 05-29-2009 04:20 PM

Lots of edmonton fans are going to say it isn't fair but I honestly believe both kostitsyn's could be as good as hemmer in the future.

Barney Gumble 05-29-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedawg (Post 19731165)
Lots of edmonton fans are going to say it isn't fair but I honestly believe both kostitsyn's could be as good as hemmer in the future.

That's the key - "could". Hemsky is already "there".

BillyShoe1721 05-29-2009 04:28 PM

Not even remotely close. Hemsky is a proven, established 1st line player, and the Kostitsyns well, aren't. You're trading a proven commodity for potential.

Analyzer 05-29-2009 05:50 PM

We have the potential to sign Tanguay. He'll be more than Hemsky, and Hemsky's contract is sweet, but it has a year, or two left before the Oliers either pay dearly for him, or he leaves... depending on how successful the Oliers will be in the next year, or two.

Joey Moss 05-29-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 19731939)
We have the potential to sign Tanguay. He'll be more than Hemsky, and Hemsky's contract is sweet, but it has a year, or two left before the Oliers either pay dearly for him, or he leaves... depending on how successful the Oliers will be in the next year, or two.

3 years to be exact. And unless Hemsky really picks his game up I see him getting around 6.5 with the Oilers.

alphahelix 05-29-2009 06:01 PM

Hemsky > Tanguay > Kostitsyn's

Hemsky owns Tanguay's mama.

You'd think the value might be there for this deal with 2 Kostitsyn's, but theres no chance the Oilers do it. Why? We have MANY players in the same skill range as the Kostitsyn's at this point. Gagner, Cogliano, O' Sullivan, Nilsson -- and if you want to add potential, Omark, Schremp, Brule, Eberle, etc.. We are trying to cut loose players of this ilk. Whereas there is only ONE Hemsky, and he is the shiz-nittle-snip-snap-snap. We really need a goal scorer to play with Hemsky. :(

sgupca 05-29-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 19731235)
Not even remotely close. Hemsky is a proven, established 1st line player, and the Kostitsyns well, aren't. You're trading a proven commodity for potential.

Yes,

But the 2 players have tons of potiential....and your getting 2 for 1.

It could more than pan out.

I'd take the risk if I were the Oilers.

Joey Moss 05-29-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupca (Post 19732075)
Yes,

But the 2 players have tons of potiential....and your getting 2 for 1.

It could more than pan out.

I'd take the risk if I were the Oilers.

The Oilers aren't in a position to take risks, we want to win NOW.

HockeyScholar 05-29-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 19731235)
Not even remotely close. Hemsky is a proven, established 1st line player, and the Kostitsyns well, aren't. You're trading a proven commodity for potential.

Not that I'm saying this trade would happen, but you do realize most trades involve swapping proven talent for potential right?

sgupca 05-29-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 19732100)
The Oilers aren't in a position to take risks, we want to win NOW.

Its not a risk with Andrei

Sure, he isn't as good as Hemsky, but I think he has the potiential to be as good...and Sergei could step in next year and be a solid 2nd line winger with Gagner.

I really don't think the Oilers would lose that deal...both the Kostitsyns are NHL ready...one's proven and one's on his way...

i'd do it if i were either team...but thats my opinion....everyone's entitled to their own ;)

alphahelix 05-29-2009 06:19 PM

We have like 20 players of that ilk already... how about Montreal takes O' Sullivan and Brule for A Kostitsyn and Nilsson and Schremp for S Kostitsyn?

thadd 05-29-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlighting (Post 19731136)
Just for fun. Would it be fair?

Hemsky is the best player in the deal, but I think A. Kostitsyn could someday be just as good. S. Kostitsyn also had great chemistry with Gagner in the OHL.

If there were 4 brothers we might be able to make a deal.

Blind Gardien 05-29-2009 08:00 PM

I'd be content in passing on that deal from the Habs perspective. I think the Habs need to find a way to get Andrei to be more consistent in his mini-PF role... when he's doing both the hitting and the sniping, he's extremely effective. The problem so far is that we just get flashes of that. If it could ever be harnessed, he'd be a more useful player to the Habs than Hemsky would. IF if if. But Sergei has a lot of skill and spirit too that needs some harnessing. It's all a risk, but with the Kostitsyns you have two players who each have some chance of approaching Hemsky's value. I'd roll the dice on them, knowing I'm rolling the dice. Looking for the long odds that get me two top-6 forwards and a win.

digger18 05-29-2009 08:02 PM

Right on one soft wimp for 2!!

Analyzer 05-29-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger18 (Post 19733004)
Right on one soft wimp for 2!!

Hemsky isn't really soft, imo. Neither Kostitsyn brother is really soft. If anything Andrei is more soft than Sergei.

3 years left on Hemsky's contract, that's pretty sick.

AK 05-29-2009 08:10 PM

Personally, I wouldn't want any bit of the Kostitsyns in less they were coming very cheap.

Too inconsistent, unproven, and with definite character concerns.

XMAFIAHOCKEYX 05-29-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 19733022)
Hemsky isn't really soft, imo. Neither Kostitsyn brother is really soft. If anything Andrei is more soft than Sergei.

3 years left on Hemsky's contract, that's pretty sick.




I wanna see how the new brass in Edmonton pans out. I like Hemsky staying in EDM. But maybe Quinn wants to make a splash to make his presence felt?

elsubz 05-29-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 19733058)
Personally, I wouldn't want any bit of the Kostitsyns in less they were coming very cheap.

Too inconsistent, unproven, and with definite character concerns.

Sophomore slump hello? These guys seem to be way too denigrated in this forum.

Homesick 05-30-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsubz (Post 19733757)
Sophomore slump hello? These guys seem to be way too denigrated in this forum.

I'm not sure Edmonton has the organized crime that the Kostitsyns like to be associated with.
Edmonton is right at the 50 contract limit so we're not looking to trade our only star forward for 22 and 24 year olds with "potential"

beowulf 05-30-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 19732100)
The Oilers aren't in a position to take risks, we want to win NOW.

Try getting into the playoffs first. Hemsky is great but some people around here really seem to overrate what he is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesick (Post 19743270)
I'm not sure Edmonton has the organized crime that the Kostitsyns like to be associated with.
Edmonton is right at the 50 contract limit so we're not looking to trade our only star forward for 22 and 24 year olds with "potential"

The joke is old and played out and just makes you look ignorant especially since they were cleared of any wrongdoing and as mentioned on the Habs board, the dude they knew was a wannabe anyways.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 05-30-2009 10:58 PM

I'd rather hang on Hemsky unless he's packaged for a franchise player the oilers get in return like Heatley.

Plus the kostitsyns are good players but they are ugly. :sarcasm:

peperebougon* 05-31-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger18 (Post 19733004)
Right on one soft wimp for 2!!

The bros aren't soft...Especially Andrei who plays with an edge and hits like a freakin train. Sergei is also a little pittbull.

peperebougon* 05-31-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani (Post 19743877)
I'd rather hang on Hemsky unless he's packaged for a franchise player the oilers get in return like Heatley.

Plus the kostitsyns are good players but they are ugly. :sarcasm:

So Ovechkin won't draw interest from you?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.