HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: LA-Boston Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=646878)

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 10:04 AM

LA-Boston Proposal

This deal was proposed in the Bruins forum (not by me). Please gauge:

1) the fairness of this deal 2) the likelihood of either team actually doing this.

To LA: RASK (3.2), KOBASEW (2.3) and FERENCE (1.4) (total 6.9)

To Boston: JOHNSON (at no more then 2.5), BERNIER (850 k) and FROLOV (2.9)

Just for the record I said LA gets ripped off and would have no interest.

Duponttime* 05-31-2009 10:07 AM

That is one of the worst deals I've seen here yet. So basically, the Bruins give up nothing other than a goalie prospect which LA doesn't need because they already have a fine one waiting in the wings.

Knight of the Realm 05-31-2009 10:08 AM

Bernier and Rask cancel each other
Johnson and Ference are a pretty equal unless JJ pulls it all together one day
Frolov>Kobasew

No point for LA to make this deal.

JJ may go but it is going to be for something bigger, preferably a first line player.

Duponttime* 05-31-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm (Post 19746150)
Bernier and Rask cancel each other
Johnson and Ference are a pretty equal unless JJ pulls it all together one day
Frolov>Kobasew

No point for LA to make this deal.

JJ may go but it is going to be for something bigger, preferably a first line player.

Ference is a hack who was covered up by a deep Bruins team.

4ndr3y* 05-31-2009 10:16 AM

Doc, the trade proposal is a fail.
:shakehead

funky 05-31-2009 10:17 AM

brutal for L.A, no need for them to do this. The guy I would be after is Kessel

AKAY47 05-31-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 19746127)
This deal was proposed in the Bruins forum (not by me). Please gauge:

1) the fairness of this deal 2) the likelihood of either team actually doing this.

Just for the record I said LA gets ripped off and would have no interest.

I'm usually the one that proposes horrid trades, but I didn't propose this head scratcher.. This is possibly the worst deal I've ever seen on hf. Congrats to whoever posted this

Knight of the Realm 05-31-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youarentobjective (Post 19746165)
Ference is a hack who was covered up by a deep Bruins team.

He's got some offense but yeah JJ has much more potential. At this point, JJ is being stymied by his lack of powerplay time. What I mean is that trade doesn't really improve anything for LA.

Rommel 05-31-2009 10:40 AM

Rask > Bernier
Frolov>>>>>Kobasew
Johnson>>>Ference

:thumbd:

chuckdobbins 05-31-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommelsalviano (Post 19746327)

Rask > Bernier
Frolov>>>>>Kobasew
Johnson>>>Ference

Rommel 05-31-2009 11:17 AM

"The only way I'd ship Rask out to LA is if Kopitar, Brown, or Doughty were coming back here in some sort of package deal."

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=646780

:laugh:

CDJ* 05-31-2009 11:19 AM

That isn't laughable if they were talknig about Rask + for one of them.

Rommel 05-31-2009 11:22 AM

Brown, Kopi and Doughty are untouchable

Martyros 05-31-2009 11:38 AM

i don't see how ANY of those 3 are involved without Kessel coming back. Both Bernier and Johnson are still very much unproven, but Frolov IS our best forward that can play under any circumstances.

Shellz 05-31-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommelsalviano (Post 19746595)
"The only way I'd ship Rask out to LA is if Kopitar, Brown, or Doughty were coming back here in some sort of package deal."

He wants a package PLUS one of them?

What a fool.:shakehead

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loktionov (Post 19746195)
Doc, the trade proposal is a fail.
:shakehead

Yeah, I know. That was my contention all along.

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommelsalviano (Post 19746595)

Well, to be fair, I agree with him. I don't think it's worth it to the Bruins to deal Rask for anything less (obviously the B's would have to add more). And to be fair, I see Kings fans all the time say they wouldn't deal Frolov unless it's for somebody like Lecavalier or Kovalchuk. Same thing. The player is too good or too irreplacable on the team to let go for anything other than massive overpayment.

4ndr3y* 05-31-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 19747462)
Well, to be fair, I agree with him. I don't think it's worth it to the Bruins to deal Rask for anything less (obviously the B's would have to add more). And to be fair, I see Kings fans all the time say they wouldn't deal Frolov unless it's for somebody like Lecavalier or Kovalchuk. Same thing. The player is too good or too irreplacable on the team to let go for anything other than massive overpayment.

So a goaltending prospect for an established NHL player? Huh? Did you fell from tree or what? You do realize that Bernier has pretty much the same potential as Rask??

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Dr Quincy 05-31-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loktionov (Post 19747499)
So a goaltending prospect for an established NHL player? Huh? Did you fell from tree or what? You do realize that Bernier has pretty much the same potential as Rask??

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Sylvan pinpoints the skills your child needs to become a better reader at any grade level. http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/

bruinsfan46 05-31-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommelsalviano (Post 19746637)
Brown, Kopi and Doughty are untouchable

60 point wingers who aren't even that special in their own end are untouchable? I guess when teams start picking in the top five every year their fans get a little delusional of what an untouchable player in the NHL is.

LAX attack* 05-31-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 (Post 19747678)
60 point wingers who aren't even that special in their own end are untouchable? I guess when teams start picking in the top five every year their fans get a little delusional of what an untouchable player in the NHL is.

Uh no, sometimes a player means more to a team then what they provide on the ice. :help:

4ndr3y* 05-31-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

No, but 30 goal captain who is gritty and top NHL hitting player looked down long term for 3.1 MIO $$ is.:nod:

Quincey I can read. Nonetheless the add (pick?? prospect??) in a deal you should understand that the Kings are not interested in a deal where Rask is a center piece of a deal and the Kings send Doughty, Kopitar or Brown the other way.

And for the billionth time the Kings have a nice group of goal tending prospects in Bernier, Zatkoff, Jones, Quick. That being said we don't need goal tending prospects.

Oh and btw? What are goal tending prospects worth nowadays? Huet was traded for a 2nd rounder, Bryzgalov was waived.:help:
It's that simple.:nod:

If you ask me Bruins fans overrate the value of Rask while they undervalue a already established player in Marco Sturm.

Sam 05-31-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Yes, in the sense that it would take a major overpayment. Brown is the 24 year old captain of the Kings signed for well under market value through the 2013-14 season. In addition to his offensive game, Brown has been in the top 3 for hits each of the past 3 seasons and draws penalties like no one else in the game. Last year, he drew 60 more penalties than he took. The next closest player was Iginla, who drew 35 more penalties than he took.

JMFJ 3 05-31-2009 02:13 PM

LA gets robbed.

Rommel 05-31-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 19747462)
And to be fair, I see Kings fans all the time say they wouldn't deal Frolov unless it's for somebody like Lecavalier or Kovalchuk.

Of course.

Frolov is our main sniper.

You know how many goals?

32. Okay, you must think .. is a reasonable quantity.

BUT, Fro spent a good part of the season playing at the 3rd Line and 2nd Line. Only 2nd half of season, he went to the 1st line (Fro, Sully and Kopi).

Frolov has 32 goals this way?

If had played in the 1st Line since the beginning of the season, it would probably more than 40 goals.

Remembering: The Kings played a defensive system this season

Can only be exchanged for another sniper (equal or higher level).

Excuse my English..