HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dallas/ Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=648134)

SufferingCatFan 06-04-2009 04:53 PM

Dallas/ Florida

Dallas reportedly is looking to dump some salary and unhappy with Richard's contract. The Cats need an offensive, center and are reportedly unhappy with Olezs' contract. Both players appear to be injury prone.

How about Richards for Olezs, and Matthias . Richards contract is at about $7.8 million through 2010-11. Olezs is at $3.125 through 2013-14 so the Stars get about $4.675 million in cap relief for the next two seasons and Matthias, who is a solid, center prospect.

Flame away.

txomisc 06-04-2009 05:11 PM

I dont think it works from a Stars perspective. I believe the idea that dallas wants to dump salary has been overblown. Theyve simply stated that they arent going to spend all the way up to the cap (it proved to be a bad idea last season). Olesz would have a tough time cracking the stars lineup and Mathias is not a good enough prospect to make up the difference. I think FLA would need to include multiple picks to get this to work.

Alistar 06-04-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan (Post 19797955)
Dallas reportedly is looking to dump some salary and unhappy with Richard's contract. The Cats need an offensive, center and are reportedly unhappy with Olezs' contract. Both players appear to be injury prone.

How about Richards for Olezs, and Matthias . Richards contract is at about $7.8 million through 2010-11. Olezs is at $3.125 through 2013-14 so the Stars get about $4.675 million in cap relief for the next two seasons and Matthias, who is a solid, center prospect.

Flame away.

where was that reported?

piqued 06-04-2009 05:44 PM

Left wing is the Stars' position of least need. Olesz is not a good fit.

BeaverSports 06-04-2009 06:19 PM

For the billionth time, Dallas is not going to be trading Brad Richards. Any player with his talents would make what he is making on the open market today, plus he has a no-trade clause. Last year, when healthy, Richards was the Stars' best hockey player.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 06-04-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaverSports (Post 19798739)
For the billionth time, Dallas is not going to be trading Brad Richards. Any player with his talents would make what he is making on the open market today, plus he has a no-trade clause.

I believe that once a player waives their NTC that it is nullified for the duration of the contract, although the team he goes to may choose to respect his wishes anyways.

Quote:

Last year, when healthy, Richards was the Stars' best hockey player.
Oh, we're talking about hockey players? :sarcasm:

ck26 06-04-2009 06:25 PM

For the billionth time, the Stars aren't in rebuilding mode. Last year, Morrow and Lehtinen and Brunnstrom and Zubov and Richards all missed significant time with injuries. Add that healthy group to any club and they're instantly contenders. When healthy, Richards is one of our best players. The clock is ticking on Modano, Zubov and Lehtinen ... we're not going to rebuild while those guys are here.

theheadmata 06-04-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Flame away.

Where do you get that Richards is injury prone?

00/01 - 82 GP
01/02 - 82 GP
02/03 - 80 GP
03/04 - 82 GP
05/06 - 82 GP
06/07 - 82 GP
07/08 - 74 GP
08/09 - 56 GP

This past season he missed 26 games because of broken wrists, both of which were freak accidents, not nagging injuries.

Abyss 06-04-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Flame away.

I really doubt anyone wants Olesz' contract right now until he proves he's even remotely worth it.

Matthias is still a solid prospect but after the year he had, he doesn't nearly make up the difference for a top line center.

Caseman 06-04-2009 07:15 PM

Richards has a NTC. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go to a borderline playoff team.

stempniaksen 06-04-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseman (Post 19799289)
Richards has a NTC. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go to a borderline playoff team.

While I agree that Richards probably wouldn't waive to go to florida, and that the panthers would need to give up a lot more than that for a player of Richards caliber.

As far as the playoff statement though, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house...

Laus723 06-04-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseman (Post 19799289)

lol...

Don't think the Panthers want that contract, though, like everyone I'm sure they want that player. Richards will be in Dallas in October...

SufferingCatFan 06-04-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alistar (Post 19798137)
where was that reported?

The financial problems of the Dallas stars have been widely reported by a variety of news media, since the team's owner defaulted in April, 2009 on $525 million in debt secured in part by the Stars. More recently, I read an article regarding the challenges facing the new general manager, which included cutting payroll. I am sorry that I cannot recall the publication. As to the availability of Richards, he is listed in the Trade Market section of TSN's Off Season Game Plan for the Stars.

Modo 06-04-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan (Post 19800095)
The financial problems of the Dallas stars have been widely reported by a variety of news media, since the team's owner defaulted in April, 2009 on $525 million in debt secured in part by the Stars. More recently, I read an article regarding the challenges facing the new general manager, which included cutting payroll. I am sorry that I cannot recall the publication. As to the availability of Richards, he is listed in the Trade Market section of TSN's Off Season Game Plan for the Stars.

Wow. Talk about relevant. :help:

Tom Hicks's financial woes have nothing to do with the status of Richards in Dallas.

As for the latter bolded part, Richards won't be dealt. Just some Eklund-esque daydreaming by some TSN writer.

jumptheshark 06-04-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alistar (Post 19798137)
where was that reported?

that was my question.Seems to me that when someone makes that statement--they need to give a link

BeaverSports 06-04-2009 11:34 PM

It's no secret Hicks has some financial issues, but I don't believe anyone anywhere has said that will directly affect the Stars. Hull said they wouldn't spend to the cap, but that was pretty much a given anyway.

Actually, if Joe Nieuwendyk asks for money to spend, I bet Hicks gives it to him because like Bob Gainey, every move will be fairly calculated with this guy... and Hicks may want to let him make a splash early. Also, I get the sense with the comments about Hicks looking to sell the Texas Rangers that he might be eager to show he's committed to the Stars.

Besides, what's a couple million considering the numbers people are throwing out about Hicks. Short of bankruptcy, the Stars aren't going to be affected, nor are they going to have a big impact on Hicks' overall bottom line.

Sony Eriksson* 06-05-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan (Post 19800095)

The Enquirer and Eklunds blogs are not publication...they are emergency toilet paper.

Alistar 06-05-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaverSports (Post 19803307)
It's no secret Hicks has some financial issues, but I don't believe anyone anywhere has said that will directly affect the Stars. Hull said they wouldn't spend to the cap, but that was pretty much a given anyway.

Actually, if Joe Nieuwendyk asks for money to spend, I bet Hicks gives it to him because like Bob Gainey, every move will be fairly calculated with this guy... and Hicks may want to let him make a splash early. Also, I get the sense with the comments about Hicks looking to sell the Texas Rangers that he might be eager to show he's committed to the Stars.

Besides, what's a couple million considering the numbers people are throwing out about Hicks. Short of bankruptcy, the Stars aren't going to be affected, nor are they going to have a big impact on Hicks' overall bottom line.

not to mention Dallas has a grand total of 40 mill commited to 18 odd players right now (including Richards), with only Zubov / Lehtinen / a backup goaltender left to sign... so how much salary are we planning on cutting?

I wouldn't expect either Zubov or Lehtinen to make over 3 mill next season with their age and injury problems factored into the equation, and last time I checked backup goaltenders don't cost all that much.. Dallas could sign these players and field a very competitive team for around 45 mill if they wanted to, I myself think they're going to aim a bit higher and try and make a splash in the UFA market - spend around 50 mill on the year.