HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Graf Skate Help (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=648424)

TheGooooch 06-05-2009 04:10 PM

Graf Skate Help
 
So I recently purchased these skates for an insanely good deal. They were only used once, maybe twice. But I purchased them at the Sharks equipment sale. So some player used tried them and then didn't use them again. My question is which ones are they? From the imprinting on the side it appears that they are either G5s or ultra G35s. I am basically curious because I have regular width foot and the local "pro" said that the G5 was for a wide foot, but I have found that the G5 comes in N/R/W. Although when trying these on I didn't notice any room width wise. Any help would be appreciated. Too me it looks like the Ultra G35 based on the back of the boot (by the Achilles).

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0043.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0044.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0045.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0045.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0045.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0049.jpg

Since they are custom built, could it be that they are not either but loosely based on one of them? They felt really good and were too good of a deal to pass up.

Here is a pic of a G5 and a Ultra G35

G5
http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/skates/...rafg5ultra.jpg

Ultra G35
http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/skates/...afg35ultra.jpg

TheGooooch 06-05-2009 04:12 PM

The local "pro" told me that they were definitely a G5. But after looking at these pics it is clear to me that they look like they are the Ultras because there is a big difference between the back of each boot

Rickety Cricket 06-05-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19809439)
The local "pro" told me that they were definitely a G5. But after looking at these pics it is clear to me that they look like they are the Ultras because there is a big difference between the back of each boot

Yea the back of the boot looks like the G35's. However it could be a custom job. I bought TPS Summit leg pads from a friend a little while back that had the Xceed graphics on it because he liked the graphics better.

TheGooooch 06-05-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch
Since they are custom built, could it be that they are not either but loosely based on one of them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy (Post 19809702)
Yea the back of the boot looks like the G35's. However it could be a custom job. I bought TPS Summit leg pads from a friend a little while back that had the Xceed graphics on it because he liked the graphics better.

Yeah, I put that option in there too. Figuring that they were loosely based on the G35 seems to be the most likely option.

Crosbyfan 06-05-2009 05:26 PM

IIRC for some grafs if you take out the insole you will see an N, R, or W for the width

TheGooooch 06-05-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crosbyfan (Post 19810129)
IIRC for some grafs if you take out the insole you will see an N, R, or W for the width

They say 8.75 custom. So the boot is obviously a custom one then. Really really nice skates though

cptjeff 06-05-2009 07:30 PM

Yeah, what the boot is really doesn't matter. They'll be custom to the player, so they'll probably disobey all the normal rules of fit.

Pro stock skates are a huge risk because of that.

Dr Acula 06-06-2009 12:58 AM

Whose skates are those? I think only Clowe, Pavelski and Goc wear Grafs. Well, Nabby does too, but those obviously aren't his. :P

TheGooooch 06-06-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmy (Post 19812853)
Whose skates are those? I think only Clowe, Pavelski and Goc wear Grafs. Well, Nabby does too, but those obviously aren't his. :P

They weren't assigned to anyone which was weird. Clowe had a bunch of Bauer XXXX's there. They were all worn once or twice and cost like $300. These ones said "player: n/a," so I am assuming that they were fitted and given for a tryout or something. But being that they didn't have a name tied to them took some money off the price. Based on sizing I would assume that they might be Goc's but I don't know why they wouldn't have a name tied to them. I thought that Pavs uses Bauer too (I was using an inherited pair of XXX's that had a Pavelski runner).

Dr Acula 06-06-2009 03:27 AM

I remember seeing Pavs, Clowe and Goc in Grafs at some point. They must have switched to Bauers then.

Maybe your skates belonged to the coaching staff. The older guys seems to prefer Grafs.

rinkrat22 06-06-2009 10:10 AM

I don't what you paid, but if they are truley graf customs (which they look like they are in the pics) those skates go for around a $1000.

TheGooooch 06-06-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarmy (Post 19813222)
I remember seeing Pavs, Clowe and Goc in Grafs at some point. They must have switched to Bauers then.

Maybe your skates belonged to the coaching staff. The older guys seems to prefer Grafs.

That is what I was thinking they could have been for. I am not sure about the others but know I saw some Clowe XXXX's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckleboy (Post 19814169)
I don't what you paid, but if they are truley graf customs (which they look like they are in the pics) those skates go for around a $1000.

Here are 2 pics from the inside of one of the boots.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0054.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/IMG_0055.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.