HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   All Canadian teams to make the playoffs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64856)

Kluivert4Ever 03-25-2004 02:14 AM

All Canadian teams to make the playoffs?

Well so far the Leafs,Habs,Nucks and Sens are locked in.
The Flames who I think are the story of the year and a team I will be rooting for out West is almost a playoffbound.
That leaves the Oilers who are in a dogfight for a chance to play in the post-season but they can make it and if they do all 6 Canadian teams will have qualified for the big dance.
I think itīs great, the NHL needs some Canadian teams to be succesfull IMO and we can look forward to some great playoff matchups imagine Toronto-Habs in the East and Oilers-Flames out West?

LondonFan 03-25-2004 05:52 AM

Good point, although I'm rooting for the Kings over the Oilers.

Christ 03-25-2004 09:12 AM

It would be great for all Canadian teams to get in. I would really like to see Calgary go somewhere this year as they have not been to the dance in ages.

vbox81 03-25-2004 09:51 AM

As the providers of the Canadian Playoff Push talent we should be getting letters of thanks, no?

pld459666 03-25-2004 11:44 AM

Well, that was Sather's hope after...

making trades with each one of the Canadian teams.

Leetch to Tor
Kovy to Mtl
deVries to Ott
Rucinsky to Van
Nedved to Ott
Simon to Cal

I was watching some of the Montreal-Devils game the other day and I like this Montreal group. Alexi floated, but that kid Ryder was all over the place. They have the makings of being a tough out in the PO's this year, regardless the round.

Also, I like Calgary. Just a grinding style they play. I like that.

Teezax 03-25-2004 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=pld459666]making trades with each one of the Canadian teams.

Leetch to Tor
Kovy to Mtl
deVries to Ott
Rucinsky to Van
Nedved to Ott
Simon to Cal

QUOTE]

I don't think this was an accident, obviously a patriotic gesture from Sather. I kind of new Rucinsky would have went to Vancouver as they were the only Canadian team left the Rangers didn't deal someone to.

Firefly 03-25-2004 11:52 AM

all ive heard from these guys (besides leetch, whos doing well) is:

simon: kneeing
alexei: still alexei

what have devries and rucinsky been doing? nedved?

Park #2 03-25-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666

I was watching some of the Montreal-Devils game the other day and I like this Montreal group. Alexi floated, but that kid Ryder was all over the place. They have the makings of being a tough out in the PO's this year, regardless the round.

Also, I like Calgary. Just a grinding style they play. I like that.

MTL can be dangerous and they are playing well right now. They can always knock of big teams with Theordore in net.

I LOVE Calgary. They play in the mold of their coach, and if Mikka can keep his game up, this is another team that can really be a suprise.

pld459666 03-25-2004 12:14 PM

if you never

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu3shirt
all ive heard from these guys (besides leetch, whos doing well) is:

simon: kneeing
alexei: still alexei

what have devries and rucinsky been doing? nedved?

hear deVries name being mentioned, then he's doing a great job.

Rucinsky, if you check out the Canucks board has been a very very solid player for them without getting the results and Nedved has pretty much been close to a point a game player for Edmonton 9 points in 11 games.

Simon has been the physical player for the flames that they were looking for while also adding 4 points in 9 games. He's done his job there even with the 2 game suspension.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-25-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666
hear deVries name being mentioned, then he's doing a great job.

Rucinsky, if you check out the Canucks board has been a very very solid player for them without getting the results and Nedved has pretty much been close to a point a game player for Edmonton 9 points in 11 games.

Simon has been the physical player for the flames that they were looking for while also adding 4 points in 9 games. He's done his job there even with the 2 game suspension.

I hear that Barnaby is doing well also.