HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   question about Harding's availabilty (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=648799)

jumptheshark 06-07-2009 01:01 PM

question about Harding's availabilty

I have been to a few different boards and been given different perspectives on what the wild want for him

Say from the oilers--what would the asking price be?

WILDTATE10 06-07-2009 02:07 PM

The asking price would probly be higher for you guys being that your in our division.

im not sure what exactly but i wouldnt mind getting O'Sullivan back with the organization as part of the deal.

Jbcraig1883 06-07-2009 02:38 PM

I would also take O'Sullivan.

djp4516 06-07-2009 06:30 PM

It's believed Fletcher is asking for a mid first round pick if it's just going to be a draft pick. So take that as value and go with it.

Red Alberks 06-07-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djp4516 (Post 19828275)
It's believed Fletcher is asking for a mid first round pick if it's just going to be a draft pick. So take that as value and go with it.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

oilerfan17 06-07-2009 09:48 PM

O'Sullivan is not a deal I would be willing to do. Nilsson + 2nd is pretty close to a 1st, which is about right for Harding IMO.

WILDTATE10 06-08-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan17 (Post 19830022)
O'Sullivan is not a deal I would be willing to do. Nilsson + 2nd is pretty close to a 1st, which is about right for Harding IMO.

looking at Nilssons stats he doesnt seem like much. and looks like he did not progress at all last year and actually got worse based on his stats.

I think we can definitly do better then that

R S 06-08-2009 11:24 AM

You guys are asking way way too much for Harding. Theres no way in the world you get a mid first round pick for him.

As for the Avs, Adrian Dater (Avs beat reporter) said Minny is looking for a second line forward for him.

So, Svatos for Harding? Maybe with the Avs throwing in a mid round pick too.

WJG 06-08-2009 11:43 AM

I'm guessing that Harding is either going to be traded for an average-to-above-average young player (so no 1st liners like Hemsky, Gagner or O'Sullivan), or an older player with a high, but not 1st round, draft pick.

So from the Oilers, any of:
-Nilsson
-Schremp
-Brule
-Brodziak
-Reddox
-Pouliot
-possibly Cogliano

or, the following players with a 2nd rounder:
-Pisani
-Moreau
-Staios

WILDTATE10 06-08-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlighting (Post 19833799)
I'm guessing that Harding is either going to be traded for an average-to-above-average young player (so no 1st liners like Hemsky, Gagner or O'Sullivan), or an older player with a high, but not 1st round, draft pick.

So from the Oilers, any of:
-Nilsson
-Schremp
-Brule
-Brodziak
-Reddox
-Pouliot
-possibly Cogliano

or, the following players with a 2nd rounder:
-Pisani
-Moreau
-Staios

how can you consider Gagner and O'Sullivan first liners right now? potential first liners maybe, but Harding has just as much potential.

one of Schremp Nilsson Brule Brodziak Reddox Pouliot strait up for Harding? are you kidding me???

you gotta give to get dude

TeamSeals 06-08-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 (Post 19834635)
how can you consider Gagner and O'Sullivan first liners right now? potential first liners maybe, but Harding has just as much potential.

one of Schremp Nilsson Brule Brodziak Reddox Pouliot strait up for Harding? are you kidding me???

you gotta give to get dude

Especially since they are division rivals. O'Sullivan would probably need to be in the trade if they weren't a division rival but since they are a rival it would take O'Sullivan plus more.

Destroyko 06-08-2009 10:51 PM

Given the market for goaltenders these days, asking for anything more than a 2nd and a borderline top 6 forward (i.e. Nilsson, Pouliot) is probably wishful thinking. Ilya Bryzgalov was waived last year, remember.

djp4516 06-09-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Alberks (Post 19829645)
Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

One of the two guys on NHL Live said it about a week after Fletcher was hired

Tripod 06-11-2009 10:40 PM

Lupul fits the 2nd line scorer position. If he plays with a center that passed first instead of shot(Carter) his goals should jump up.

Giroux tha Damaja 06-15-2009 02:20 AM

A Lupul - - PMB line could click well IMO. Are the Wild interested in resigning PMB?

Wild Thing 06-16-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am The Mush (Post 19922916)
A Lupul - - PMB line could click well IMO. Are the Wild interested in resigning PMB?

Good question. I'm not sure what Fletcher will want to do with him. It could go any one of a half dozen ways, and I honestly couldn't even begin to guess.

Celtic Note 06-21-2009 06:47 PM

What would it take for the Blues to get him?

What are your needs both at the NHL level and on the "farm"?

TeamSeals 06-21-2009 08:33 PM

On the farm we need everything. Outside of Harding (who we are shopping around) we don't have a legit goalie prospect. For defensemen we have Cuma and a couple other nice prospects but can certainly use more and at forward we have the disappointing Pouliot as our top prospect and not much else. With out knowing the Blues all too well I think a 2nd round pick and a decent prospect should nab Harding.

Celtic Note 06-22-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSeals (Post 20003180)
On the farm we need everything. Outside of Harding (who we are shopping around) we don't have a legit goalie prospect. For defensemen we have Cuma and a couple other nice prospects but can certainly use more and at forward we have the disappointing Pouliot as our top prospect and not much else. With out knowing the Blues all too well I think a 2nd round pick and a decent prospect should nab Harding.

Another Blues poster seems to think that Wagner and a second would get the deal done?

Mr. Make-Believe 06-23-2009 09:25 AM

Why are the Wild looking to deal Harding?

Seems like a foolish thing to do. :dunno:

dashtary* 06-23-2009 10:23 AM

sorry if this is off topic but does anyone want to join a mock offseason? if so it is LeafHagmans and he needs a lot more teams to start it up.

Mr. Make-Believe 06-23-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashtary (Post 20019043)
sorry if this is off topic but does anyone want to join a mock offseason? if so it is LeafHagmans and he needs a lot more teams to start it up.

Well thanks a lot dashtray. :laugh:

I thought this was going to illuminate the "trading Harding" question.

You've dashed my hopes. ;)

ceber 06-23-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe (Post 20018392)

Why are the Wild looking to deal Harding?

Seems like a foolish thing to do. :dunno:

Trade-able asset. We're short on: scoring up front, prospects, draft picks. General consensus is we need to address this soon, and to do that we've got to try to move some assets.

Wild Thing 06-24-2009 12:52 AM

Yeah, he's probably the only asset we have who's worth something decent, but who we don't need.I hate to lose him, but we almost can't afford to keep him. It's like owning a Jaguar and a Ford when you're three months behind on the mortgage. You have to sell the Jag, drive the Ford, and make the house payment.

Mr. Make-Believe 06-24-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Thing (Post 20029085)
Yeah, he's probably the only asset we have who's worth something decent, but who we don't need.I hate to lose him, but we almost can't afford to keep him. It's like owning a Jaguar and a Ford when you're three months behind on the mortgage. You have to sell the Jag, drive the Ford, and make the house payment.

This is curious to me, because it really seems like other clubs are low-balling their offers for Harding. It's not that he wants out, it's that the Wild see him as someone who could bring in a substantial return.

Personally... I would look more toward free agency to shore up your scoring woes. Keep Harding (I don't think there are many teams in the league who can stay afloat with just one good goaltender any longer) to platoon with Backstrom and you have one of the best (if not THE best) goaltending tandem in the league.

Of course, if you get an offer for Harding that blows your hair back, that's a no-brainer. But I'm seeing things like Robert Nilsson and a 2nd. :shakehead That's absolutely brutal.