HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Columbus/Ottawa (Heatley) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=649399)

davegagnerskid 06-09-2009 04:06 PM

Columbus/Ottawa (Heatley)
 
To Columbus:

Heatley

To Ottawa:

Voracek
Klesla
1st round pick

**The BJ's have the cap space. A young all world goalie and Heatley and Nash have proven chemistry.

Nacho Libre 06-09-2009 04:08 PM

NO...

davegagnerskid 06-09-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3ABAS (Post 19850568)
NO...

Care to expand? I think that's a pretty attractive package for a player no matter how talented and it's already been leaked that he wants out of Ottawa.

Think Chris Pronger. A good player, top prospect and a first round pick. Columbus may throw in another pick or a conditional 1st for 2010.

Duponttime* 06-09-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davegagnerskid (Post 19850537)
To Columbus:

Heatley

To Ottawa:

Voracek
Klesla
1st round pick

**The BJ's have the cap space. A young all world goalie and Heatley and Nash have proven chemistry.

I think Voracek will be a stud winger. Klesla kind of ruins the deal. Probably would do it from Ottawa's view if you made it Voracek, Russell and a 1st

Disgruntled 06-09-2009 04:18 PM

Definitely more interested in a deal with LA:

Brayden Schenn
Jack Johnson
$4,500,000 cap space

davegagnerskid 06-09-2009 04:20 PM

I say the BJ' would start with Klesla, but doubt that Russell would be much of a stumbling block.

dmarc 06-09-2009 04:26 PM

trade should be centered around Filatov, who is a Russian version of Heatley in the sniper sense

Im new with proposals

but maybe
Filatov, First in 09 + a roster player, Tyutin maybe? don't know much about him but he was pretty solid on NHL 09

but I guess a roster player, do not know but know that the First and Filatov is not enough

The Expert 06-09-2009 04:46 PM

Not bad at all. Voracek is great.

I'd rather Filatov, but Voracek would be a good centrepiece to a deal for Heatley.

NoThreat 06-09-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disgruntled (Post 19850726)
Definitely more interested in a deal with LA:

Brayden Schenn
Jack Johnson
$4,500,000 cap space

You mena the 5th. You can't call it Schenn because you don't know what will happen on draft day. He may go 5th, or he may go 4th, or whoever ends up with 5th might want someone else.

Sean Garrity 06-09-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davegagnerskid (Post 19850611)
Care to expand? I think that's a pretty attractive package for a player no matter how talented and it's already been leaked that he wants out of Ottawa.

Think Chris Pronger. A good player, top prospect and a first round pick. Columbus may throw in another pick or a conditional 1st for 2010.

Have you ever even seen the Pronger trade? Cuz your summing it up is piss poor and I think you should look at it again.

Milan the God* 06-09-2009 06:38 PM

Would something around Filatov + 1st for Heatley + 2nd work?

WapakJacketsFan 06-09-2009 06:47 PM

While getting Heatley wouldn't be a bad thing, I'd have to say no, simply because adding his contract doesn't address a real need the Jackets have.

Yes, he and Nash have had chemistry together. That's wonderful. But right now, Huselious & Brassard have chemistry with Nash, for a lot less of a price tag.

I doubt we're going to be a team that spends to the cap, ever. Adding Heatley & his $7.5 mil cap hit, along with the big raise Nash is going to get, while losing relatively cheap young talent in 2 of Voracek, Filatov, Russell, et al, just isn't a smart move for us at this point in time.

davegagnerskid 06-09-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karacter (Post 19851922)
Have you ever even seen the Pronger trade? Cuz your summing it up is piss poor and I think you should look at it again.

Lupul was considered a good young player at the time (projected annual 30 goal guy). Smid was a 9th overall selection and a highly touted defensive prospect (and is soon going to be come a fixture in our top 4). In addition we got a 1st in 2007 (Riley Nash #21) and a conditional first the following year if the Ducks made the Finals (which they did and we got Eberle @ #25).

I think I'm on the mark.

X0ssbar 06-09-2009 08:31 PM

The Jackets cannot afford Heatley as long as Rick Nash is on the roster and ice a competitve squad.

They are a budget team not a cap team.

Where things could get real interesting for the Jackets is if Nash and the Jackets can't reach a contract extension this offseason. A scenario I find highly unlikely.

Selanne08* 06-09-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Shelf (Post 19854939)
The Jackets cannot afford Heatley as long as Rick Nash is on the roster and ice a competitve squad.

They are a budget team not a cap team.

Where things could get real interesting for the Jackets is if Nash and the Jackets can't reach a contract extension this offseason. A scenario I find highly unlikely.

:handclap: good point

X0ssbar 06-09-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne08 (Post 19854986)
:handclap: good point

As a Columbus fan not that I don't want them to be a cap team :cry:

..but you gotta deal with the realities of your market.

Nunymare 06-10-2009 04:36 PM

Not bad, it's a start.

danishh 06-10-2009 04:44 PM

counter:

Filatov and Hejda



your serve.

gojacketsgo61 06-10-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davegagnerskid (Post 19850537)
To Columbus:

Heatley

To Ottawa:

Voracek
Klesla
1st round pick

**The BJ's have the cap space. A young all world goalie and Heatley and Nash have proven chemistry.

No just no, Klesla is the jackets best d-man imo and has roots in columbus. Voracek had a great rookie season that went un-noticed add a 1st rounder, no.

don't trade filatov cause filatov will be one of the best players on the roster in a few years

WapakJacketsFan 06-10-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 19867024)
counter:

Filatov and Hejda



your serve.

No thanks. Taking away Hejda loses us our best shut down D-Man who is signed to a very reasonable contract at $2 mil per for another year.

Filatov will probably be an amazing player in a very short time. And he is still cheap, having all 3 years of his rookie contract still in play.

The Jackets simply can not afford to trade away cheap, talented youth for expensive, talented players. Not because we wouldn't want to get Heatley, but because we simply can not afford him & remain a viable playoff contender each year if we trade off our youth.

toughstuff 06-10-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davegagnerskid (Post 19850537)
To Columbus:

Heatley

To Ottawa:

Voracek
Klesla
1st round pick

**The BJ's have the cap space. A young all world goalie and Heatley and Nash have proven chemistry.

Ottawa may be attracted by local boy Derek Brassord

Sean Garrity 06-10-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughstuff (Post 19870356)
Ottawa may be attracted by local boy Derek Brassord



That takes away the Jackets on real legitimate top line center in the near future, so I doubt they would deal Brassard.

vecens24 06-11-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughstuff (Post 19870356)
Ottawa may be attracted by local boy Derek Brassord

No way the Jackets trade Brassard. Probably one of three basic untouchables for them with Mason and Nash. I at least feel Voracek or Filatov would be on the table for guys like Heatley but no chance Brassard is.

source 06-11-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vecens24 (Post 19872623)
No way the Jackets trade Brassard. Probably one of three basic untouchables for them with Mason and Nash. I at least feel Voracek or Filatov would be on the table for guys like Heatley but no chance Brassard is.

Only on HF...

I'd take Heatley over Brassard 10 times out of 10.

vecens24 06-11-2009 01:30 AM

Um....why?

Brassard is 1/10th of the cost, a centerman (much more valuable to the Blue Jackets since he's their only true number one center prospect), and 7 years younger. Brassard came out and was a top contender for Rookie of the year before getting hurt.

I'm not saying Heatley isn't better now he obviously is. But Brassard is just coming into his own, and is in a position of need for the Blue Jackets. So don't say only on HF when you are obviously so far out of your element here its shocking.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.