HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   hm, i'm not crazy about this.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=64958)

barrytrotzsneck 03-25-2004 02:01 PM

hm, i'm not crazy about this..
 
http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=48813350

Trotz calling Walker out...to the media?

Walker with a pretty harsh rebuttal.

Gee, that's what we need, going into must-win games.

gopreds98 03-25-2004 02:10 PM

I saw that too and wasn't very happy.....I can't decide if this means the wheels are flying off or if the team will pull closer together. But this is the first time I can ever recall Walker saying anything bad about the organization.

Do you think Trotz has lost the room?

golfmade 03-25-2004 02:16 PM

Considering all the ties and losing big games at home recently I'm not too surprised there is a bit of in-fighting. Let's just hope it doesn't go too far, focus the energy instead on trying to win games.

crossxcheck 03-25-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98
I saw that too and wasn't very happy.....I can't decide if this means the wheels are flying off or if the team will pull closer together. But this is the first time I can ever recall Walker saying anything bad about the organization.

Do you think Trotz has lost the room?

I saw that as well and I wasn't pleased either. I can understand trotz expressing his opinion to a player, but doing this to walks in the media?? I don't really understand why trotz would even say this. Is he trying to lay some blame on one man alone? I mean...walks is obviously doing SOMETHING right. He has already had a career-best year and still plays with all the heart and hustle that he ever has (geez barring tuesday night...but we'll not discuss that).

triggrman 03-25-2004 02:37 PM

I think Trotz is right. Walks hasn't been playing the physical role he usually does.

barrytrotzsneck 03-25-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I think Trotz is right. Walks hasn't been playing the physical role he usually does.


i don't disagree, but i think foregoing a talk with walker...in favor of telling the MEDIA...well, if i was Scotty, I'd feel awfully disrespected.

triggrman 03-25-2004 02:39 PM

That's the way Trotz has handled Legwand since day 1.

WuRtZLeSs 03-25-2004 02:49 PM

Trotz is definitely grasping at straws. I completely understand where he's coming from though - but these type of things shouldn't be out in the open like this.

crossxcheck 03-25-2004 02:51 PM

walker has changed his style of play somewhat, but I think that kind of goes with having different linemates. I don necessarily think his change in play has hurt the team.

triggrman 03-25-2004 03:17 PM

I actually agree, I was just pointing out that he's done it to Legwand and Arkhipov since day one and nothing was made of it, now he's done it to everyone's favorite so it's an issue. Trotz needs to keep it in the lockerroom.

crossxcheck 03-25-2004 03:24 PM

I say if Trotz is so concerned about walker trying to play like sullivan, then to put them on different lines. :dunno:

predhead1 03-25-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I actually agree, I was just pointing out that he's done it to Legwand and Arkhipov since day one and nothing was made of it, now he's done it to everyone's favorite so it's an issue. Trotz needs to keep it in the lockerroom.

a good point, but I think that with Leggy and Arkhipov he's trying to figure out how to motivate a couple of youngsters. Walker is a veteran who as far as I know has never had anyone question his work ethic or desire, and IMO he deserves to have this issue aired behind closed doors. If Trotz had already done so, so be it, but it seems a bit out of line to bring it up in the press.

WuRtZLeSs 03-25-2004 03:36 PM

Trotz is a habitual line stepper :joker:

jstreet 03-25-2004 03:50 PM

to me it seems like Trotz is probably running out of ways to get fire from these guys. Can you imagine the frustration of sitting on the bench and being the one responsible for these guys falling apart at the end of every season?

predhead1 03-25-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
Trotz is a habitual line stepper :joker:

LOL!!!!! :handclap: Walker might have to check him.

SwisshockeyAcademy 03-25-2004 04:03 PM

Desperation move from Trotz. If they fall short he's out the door. He is trying to light a fire but its risky and not recommended. Walker should not have to read about the way he plays in the press, he's been a factor in most games i've seen.

FD 03-26-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Desperation move from Trotz. If they fall short he's out the door. He is trying to light a fire but its risky and not recommended. Walker should not have to read about the way he plays in the press, he's been a factor in most games i've seen.

Who's to say this is something being "fought in the press". Knowing how straight up Trotz is with his players, I'm sure he had this talk with Walker before it got to Glennon. Walker is just a player on this team, and understands it's about a role he plays. I've personally been missing the Scott Walker that keeps opposing teams pinned in their zone during crucial minutes of the game.
It may be no coincidence that all our late game losses have come from players getting away from what makes the team successful.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.