HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Heatley to CBJ or FLA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=649623)

Alfie112* 06-10-2009 09:44 AM

Heatley to CBJ or FLA

If it seems that nash will not be signing with the BJ's would this be possible?

To BJ'S: Heatley

To Sens: Nash

or

TO Fla: Heatley,Kelly, 2nd round pick

TO sens: JBOU (signed) and Horton/Frolik/someone else?

I dont know about the Fla-Sens one im not too sure just throwing it probably not good but w.e

HSF 06-10-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie112 (Post 19861405)

or

TO Fla: Heatley,Kelly, 2nd round pick

TO sens: JBOU (signed) and Horton/Frolik/someone else?

I dont know about the Fla-Sens one im not too sure just throwing it probably not good but w.e

getting Nash srota brings the Sens back to square one does it not?

lots of money tied in 4 forwards...

Ludicrous Speed 06-10-2009 10:03 AM

Columbus doesn't need Heatley. We need a PPQB.

Laoghaire 06-10-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 19861582)
Columbus doesn't need Heatley. We need a PPQB.

Well if it makes it more palatable, Heatley has played the point on the PP before.

Pantherfan12 06-10-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laoghaire (Post 19861667)
Well if it makes it more palatable, Heatley has played the point on the PP before.

From a Fla stand point, not a good deal.

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

The reason why I don't add more from a Fla aspect is because Heatley wants out.It's not like Ott is looking for a blockbuster deal and Heatley wants to stay,which would make his value worth more, I think Matthias can be a great #2 center and Bo is obviously going to be a top 2 dman on that team. Heatley gives the Panthers it's superstar center it's been looking for,and hopefully can get Horton motivated and more excited to play.

BTD5504 06-10-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 19861802)

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

The reason why I don't add more from a Fla aspect is because Heatley wants out.It's not like Ott is looking for a blockbuster deal and Heatley wants to stay,which would make his value worth more, I think Matthias can be a great #2 center and Bo is obviously going to be a top 2 dman on that team. Heatley gives the Panthers it's superstar center it's been looking for,and hopefully can get Horton motivated and more excited to play.

heatley is not a center. he is a LW.

i highly doubt he accepts a trade to FLA either.

WJG 06-10-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie112 (Post 19861405)

This would be an incredibly fair deal for both sides (Nash is younger but Heatley is more proven, ie 50 goals and 100 points).

This might also work because Heatley is locked up for 5 years and Nash is a UFA next year unless resigned (and at possibly more than 7.5 million).

h0us3b0y 06-10-2009 11:15 AM

heatly wants to go to edmonton and thats that

Hoober 06-10-2009 11:24 AM

I wouldn't call Heatley for Nash an even deal. Statistically even- but Nash brings more to the dressing room that makes players around him better.

Having said that, Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years and the Sens could lose Nash at season's end if they don't get him signed to a new deal.

Anyways, we all know Nash is coming to Toronto after next year! :)

Northern Neighbour 06-10-2009 11:28 AM

If Columbus was interested in acquiring Heatley, it would be to pair Heatley with Nash, as the two have shown excellent chemistry in past international tournaments. The Blue Jackets likely would instead deal a couple of its prospects plus a salary to make any deal work.

Northern Neighbour 06-10-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0us3b0y (Post 19862577)
heatly wants to go to edmonton and thats that

Correction - He would waive his NMC to go to Edmonton. Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.

Skraut 06-10-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoober (Post 19862697)
Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years

Or until he decided he wanted to be traded again...

Kencaid 06-10-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlighting (Post 19862304)
This would be an incredibly fair deal for both sides (Nash is younger but Heatley is more proven, ie 50 goals and 100 points).

This might also work because Heatley is locked up for 5 years and Nash is a UFA next year unless resigned (and at possibly more than 7.5 million).

Ya, i offered this deal to a friend of mine (who is a sens fan) and he said he would only do it if they could get Nash signed long term, but then I think CLB would ask for more. Heatley has his value slightly decreased from all this crap.

It is going to be interesting for CLB, to see what they do with nash if they can't get him to commit. You CANT let an asset like that go w/o getting anything in return, he is worth too much to let that happen.

Doug19 06-10-2009 11:48 AM

I'd rather keep Nash. Nash is the more valuable player.

Feed Me A Stray Cat 06-10-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoober (Post 19862697)
I wouldn't call Heatley for Nash an even deal. Statistically even- but Nash brings more to the dressing room that makes players around him better.

Having said that, Columbus would have Heatley locked up for 5 years and the Sens could lose Nash at season's end if they don't get him signed to a new deal.

Anyways, we all know Nash is coming to Toronto after next year! :)

Statistically even? Heatley has 180 goals the last four seasons - that comes out to an average of 45/year. In the same time span, Nash has 136 goals, coming out to a 34 goals a season. Granted, his 05-06 season was shortened, however Heatley has definitely outperformed Nash since the lockout.

Add in the fact that he is signed long-term and I definitely think Heatley has more value.

BTD5504 06-10-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 19862773)
Correction - He would waive his NMC to go to Edmonton. Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.

i haven't seen that...you have a link?

pampatus 06-10-2009 02:23 PM

I think almost everyone would prefer to have Nash over Heatley at this point.
No sense for CBJ to trade their captain who is only going to get better.

TheHMan 06-10-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTD5504 (Post 19864751)
i haven't seen that...you have a link?

He mentioned something along those lines in an interview on the Fan590.

They don't want to make this difficult for Ottawa, and they recognize that Bryan Murray is going to need to mull over several offers and try to get good value in return for Heatley. They don't want Bryan Murray to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. He's fairly flexible with the teams he'll agree to a trade to, so it's not exclusive to Calgary or Edmonton. They also said that if a trade can't be worked out, he'll continue his contract obligations and play for Ottawa until a suitable deal can be arranged.

RunAmucK 06-10-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 19861802)

To Fla:
Heatley

To Ott:
Bo(signed)
Matthias

panthers will not add this type of player now ,at the draft or free agency.with the issues of ownership and gm id be happy to sign a couple of our ufa and fa and atleast compete.another sad year :cry:[

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 06-10-2009 06:18 PM

To Ottawa:
Nash
Matthias

To COL:
Bouwmeester
Foligno
Lee

To FLA:
Heatley

Panthers_Fan 06-10-2009 06:27 PM

I think Florida has to jump on this Heatley situation. For the 1st time, we have a chance to be on the opposite side of a star player wanting out and based on past trades they always go for less than people expect.

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

significantly better and Ottawa gets a good return. Bouwmeester has stated he will test the market, so I doubt Ottawa would want him involved.

RunAmucK 06-10-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan (Post 19868578)
I think Florida has to jump on this Heatley situation. For the 1st time, we have a chance to be on the opposite side of a star player wanting out and based on past trades they always go for less than people expect.

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

significantly better and Ottawa gets a good return. Bouwmeester has stated he will test the market, so I doubt Ottawa would want him involved.

it would be nice to have a heatley on this team they were going to try and give jbo upwards of 6 mil why not add a 40 goal scorer if your able ott would probly want 09 first instead of waiting a year. i dont see the senators getting a package they will go crazy for and with his nmc/ntc its going to be tough.i like this offer

Pantherfan12 06-10-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan (Post 19868578)

Florida gives:
Horton
1st round pick 2010
Markstrom

Ott:
Heatley

Panthers top 6 becomes:

Heatley Weiss Booth
Olesz Frolik Stilman

Sorry but no go from Fla. Markstrom is not going anywhere. I say switch Markstrom with Matthias and that sounds better.

Rhodes 81 06-10-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 19862773)
Heck, his agent said he would agree to virtually any trade. Basically, Heatley just wants out.

even to atlanta?

heatley and savard are both available

reunite the kovy-savard-heatley line:sarcasm:

Doug19 06-10-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat (Post 19864694)
Statistically even? Heatley has 180 goals the last four seasons - that comes out to an average of 45/year. In the same time span, Nash has 136 goals, coming out to a 34 goals a season. Granted, his 05-06 season was shortened, however Heatley has definitely outperformed Nash since the lockout.

Add in the fact that he is signed long-term and I definitely think Heatley has more value.

Stat's don't mean **** when your playing on a line with all-stars. Nash's 136 goals to me are more impressive than Heatley's 180 goals considering teams key on Nash every game without players like Alfredson (spelling) and Spezza to take some of the pressure off of Heatley. Not to mention Nash is an elite penalty killer in this league and not many players can create scoring chances for themselves like he does. That's not even mentioning the whole loyalty factor.