HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Speculation: The Laval Bulldogs ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=650211)

SpreeEndaz 06-12-2009 06:50 AM

Speculation: The Laval Bulldogs ?

There's an article in La Presse stating that Laval will start building a new sports megaplex that could even support an AHL team (mentioned 2 to 3 times in the article). Also, it is stated that during the interview, the Hamilton Bulldogs subject was brought up since if an NHL team moves to Hamilton, the Bulldogs might have to relocate. So, will we see the Laval Bulldogs in 2 years ? We never know. Nevertheless, don't forget we're talking about Laval, so it might ending up taking 20 years building that center.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites...ns-a-laval.php

Erik Estrada 06-12-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 19885603)
There's an article in La Presse stating that Laval will start building a new sports megaplex that could even support an AHL team (mentioned 2 to 3 times in the article). Also, it is stated that during the interview, the Hamilton Bulldogs subject was brought up since if an NHL team moves to Hamilton, the Bulldogs might have to relocate. So, will we see the Laval Bulldogs in 2 years ? We never know. Nevertheless, don't forget we're talking about Laval, so it might ending up taking 20 years building that center.

That would be great. I'd definitely go and watch them.:handclap:

Kafka 06-12-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 19885603)

I don't understand that last sentence. Are you refering to that mafia/construction inductry problems in Quebec?

Fozz 06-12-2009 07:33 AM

I expect the Habs to move their AHL team there even if there isn't a NHL team moving to Hamilton. And, it's: "Les Bouledogues de Laval"... :D

Kafka 06-12-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 19885718)
I expect the Habs to move their AHL team there even if there isn't a NHL team moving to Hamilton. And, it's: "Les Bouledogues de Laval"... :D

Personnaly, I would like to see the name changed for "Les Centres d'Achat de Laval"... or "Les Dortoirs de Laval". ;) (just kidding here, no mean intention)

NewBlood 06-12-2009 07:47 AM

Is 7,000 seats enough for an AHL team? I know that the Copps and the Colisée could both seat around 15,000 people each...not saying they were fulling it every game though.

FF de Mars 06-12-2009 07:59 AM

I'd love it ! It would probably be close to a metro station, so it'd be almost as far as the Olympic stadium (closer for people living on the east end of the orange line like me). I'd go.

Mue 06-12-2009 08:10 AM

Hopefully they stay in Hamilton.

Habsterix* 06-12-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 19885864)
Hopefully they stay in Hamilton.

I'd rather see Hamilton get a NHL franchise. Bring NHL hockey where it belongs, in Canada!

If Laval could support an AHL team, it would be ideal to have the farm team next door. I'm all for it.

Mue 06-12-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 19885879)

If Laval could support an AHL team, it would be ideal to have the farm team next door. I'm all for it.

Wouldn't be ideal for me.

RE-HABS 06-12-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlood (Post 19885772)
Is 7,000 seats enough for an AHL team? I know that the Copps and the Colisée could both seat around 15,000 people each...not saying they were fulling it every game though.

Hamilton got those number when they play the Marlies or when they were in the Calder Cup Finals.

If an AHL team can get attendance of 4000 - 6000 per game that is good for a franchise.

DeadPool 06-12-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19885912)
If an AHL team can get attendance of 4000 - 6000 per game that is good for a franchise.

That could be an easy number for the Baby Habs to reach. If ticket prices are reasonable, they could get 5000 per game...

Habsterix* 06-12-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 19885884)
Wouldn't be ideal for me.

What's ideal for YOU and what's ideal for the NHL and the HABS might be slightly different.

Mue 06-12-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 19885969)
What's ideal for YOU and what's ideal for the NHL and the HABS might be slightly different.

Don't care. I like driving up the highway to see the Dogs play.

RE-HABS 06-12-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 19885969)

Having your team in the backyard is great for the Habs for injury and emergency call ups, not to mention the NHL staff would also be close at hand to allow more mentoring and tutoring of this young players.

Living in the fishbowl may also help them prepare for the hype and pressure as well.

Gainey and the management staff could easily evaluate players this way as well, as it would eliminate travel and the AHL staff getting back to them on their thoughts...it could be a process of more minds making better joint decisions in player development and call ups.

Habsterix* 06-12-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 19885985)

It would be the same drive for you to go see the Habs play when in Hamilton. ;)

RE-HABS 06-12-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 19885985)

You maybe able to drive up the road and see another dog play if Jim Basille gets his wish.

SpreeEndaz 06-12-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 19885706)
I don't understand that last sentence. Are you refering to that mafia/construction inductry problems in Quebec?

They started talking about extending the subway to Laval in the 80s if I'm correct.

Agalloch 06-12-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19885999)
Having your team in the backyard is great for the Habs for injury and emergency call ups, not to mention the NHL staff would also be close at hand to allow more mentoring and tutoring of this young players.

Living in the fishbowl may also help them prepare for the hype and pressure as well.

Gainey and the management staff could easily evaluate players this way as well, as it would eliminate travel and the AHL staff getting back to them on their thoughts...it could be a process of more minds making better joint decisions in player development and call ups.

And Habs prospects being used to the area, the pressure and the media with the Habs.

I'd love it, i would buy season tickets for sure.

Habitants 06-12-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 19885912)
Hamilton got those number when they play the Marlies or when they were in the Calder Cup Finals.

i still say they should have built the brossard sports complex with 8000 seats instead of 800:shakehead

marcolino 06-12-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 19885824)
I'd love it ! It would probably be close to a metro station, so it'd be almost as far as the Olympic stadium (closer for people living on the east end of the orange line like me). I'd go.

if it were in Laval it would be nowhere near a metro station because theres only 3 :P you'd ahve to take a bus in which case your better off driving to it because Laval isn't as "advanced" as some think lol

And amen to the construction joke... i went to school a mear 20 meters away from the first metro station in laval (while it was being built) and the Laval workers' dynamite almost destroyed our schools foundation :O so ya i dont trust them :)

HabsoluteFate 06-12-2009 10:02 AM

wouldnt it be 'funny' if the Bulldogs played in Phoenix?

SpreeEndaz 06-12-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcolino (Post 19886531)
if it were in Laval it would be nowhere near a metro station because theres only 3 :P you'd ahve to take a bus in which case your better off driving to it because Laval isn't as "advanced" as some think lol

And amen to the construction joke... i went to school a mear 20 meters away from the first metro station in laval (while it was being built) and the Laval workers' dynamite almost destroyed our schools foundation :O so ya i dont trust them :)

College Letendre?

HamiltonSteelhawks* 06-12-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBlood (Post 19885772)

Copps seats just under 18,000

Canadiens1958 06-12-2009 10:45 AM

Why?

Why would the Canadiens agree to such a move? Simpler to expand the Brossard training facility and have everything centralized.