HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Excuses You Miss the Most (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65032)

Forechecker 03-25-2004 06:52 PM

The Excuses You Miss the Most

Now that a lot of the arse-draggin' poison is gone, what excuse do you miss the most?

Mine: "My stick is always breaking. I'm going back to my old sticks. I haven't played with my old sticks in a year, so I'm re-adjusting to them."

Not that there's some truth, but COME ON!!

in the hall 03-25-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker
Now that a lot of the arse-draggin' poison is gone, what excuse do you miss the most?

Mine: "My stick is always breaking. I'm going back to my old sticks. I haven't played with my old sticks in a year, so I'm re-adjusting to them."

Not that there's some truth, but COME ON!!

now which player are you quoting, lindros or kovalev :joker:

mine: "you cant boo the team, its the fans fault we're out of the playoffs" (paraphrasing of course)

Tommy Udo 03-25-2004 09:32 PM

"I don't know".

Used by Sather and Low. The perfect response to a tough question.

Lowetide 03-25-2004 09:56 PM

Nothing in recent memory comes close to John Ferguson's quote about Emile Francis' Rangers being a country club. Then he traded Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge.

However, if we're talking Slats in NYC, I go back to the beginning:

"It's not acceptable for this team not to make the playoffs"
-Glen Sather, at the July 12 2000 press conference announcing Ron Low as the team's new head coach.

Park #2 03-25-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
Nothing in recent memory comes close to John Ferguson's quote about Emile Francis' Rangers being a country club. Then he traded Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge.

While that is a no doubt a bad trade, Middleton had some off ice issues and HAD to be traded. Espo was pushing for his buddy Hodgey.... And Espo was *****ing about some other Rangers in the room at the time.

nyr5186 03-25-2004 10:16 PM

After being questioned countless times by reporters why Sather refuses to bench players, Sather said something like, "You guys make me laugh. Its not the coach's job to keep players accountable. The players should be accountable to themselves."

And on top of that, let me remind you that when Sather took over as coach, he preached that he would instill accountability and would not stand for players not giving it their all. Almost a year later, the closest thing he came to keeping that promise was a lame threat to his players to take the bus home from Buffalo if they didnt show up to play. Well, ofcourse they came out flat and still enjoyed their comfortable flight back to New York.

Yeah, keep laughing, Jackass. The joke's on you. :teach:

in the hall 03-25-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dismember
"I don't know".

Used by Sather and Low. The perfect response to a tough question.

oh baby you just reminded me of the classic "i don't know" statement by sather earlier this year when asked what he is going to do after a loss in january i believe...

NYR2 03-25-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
oh baby you just reminded me of the classic "i don't know" statement by sather earlier this year when asked what he is going to do after a loss in january i believe...

I remember that. :joker: There have been a lot of I don't know's in the past few years, sadly.

And the stick excuse? If it's about Kovy, and really who else could it be lol, he can take his friggin sticks and shove them up his.....I'll be good and not say it. :) I'm tired of excuses.

Tommy Udo 03-26-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park #2
While that is a no doubt a bad trade, Middleton had some off ice issues and HAD to be traded. Espo was pushing for his buddy Hodgey.... And Espo was *****ing about some other Rangers in the room at the time.

Let me ge this straight. Middleton had off ice issues
in New York that were of no concern to the Bruins and disappeared (or were acceptable) when he went to Boston.

I'm not going to ask what they were as it's none of my business and the rules of this board wouldn't permit putting them here anyway unless these "issues" are documented.

Therefore it's pointless to argue with you except to say that your post reminds of the post that justified signing Malakhov and letting Schneider go. Sort of like you know something but can't tell us.