HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Rumor: Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=651523)

tantrum4* 05-30-2009 02:12 PM

Eklunds Latest Kings Rumour

The Kings are out front in the Lecavalier race....take it for what it's worth, just thought I'd share....:wedgie:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1

BehindEnemyLines 05-30-2009 02:26 PM

interesting...lol

It'll be an exciting summer imo... or a total letdown =P

kingsholygrail 05-30-2009 02:32 PM

I like how he makes a point to say it's "much much more than rumor."

RAZZIE King 05-30-2009 02:53 PM

Please let it NOT come true... I don't want this to be the FIRST time he's EVER been right on a kings rumor...

Shellz 05-30-2009 03:04 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If he does come to LA, I will be more then welcome with open arms.

BUT, COME ON>>!!@IY#HWD

Telos 05-30-2009 03:07 PM

I would certainly be happy to have him and would welcome him with open arms, but I dunno... I reserve my doubts, but if we end up with Vinny/Kopi down the middle, I don't think I can be unhappy with that :P At the very least, this will be an exciting summer for us whether we make any huge moves or not.

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLudwig (Post 19738725)
Please let it NOT come true... I don't want this to be the FIRST time he's EVER been right on a kings rumor...

Actually he was right about the Roenick trade about 4 years ago.

It is not like he is going out on a limb on this one....he is just echoing what has been talked about from numerous sources over the past few weeks.

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:11 PM

People who are against this trade utterly confuse me.

Unless of course Dean gives up multiple 1st round picks and/or prospects in order to get Lecavalier....which should not be a concern because....this is Dean Lombardi we are talking about.

LombardiTool 05-30-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19738887)

Unless of course Dean gives up multiple 1st round picks and/or prospects in order to get Lecavalier....which should not be a concern because....this is Dean Lombardi we are talking about.

I would love it as long as we dont overpay. Even though he is a large contract I dont think we should underpay either. I am all for it.

RAZZIE King 05-30-2009 03:33 PM

I think that giving up a beat up Pinto for him is overpayment...

KriticalKing* 05-30-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Its not like LA wanted Vinny! Its the fact that Tampa is SHOPPING him around. So maybe there is something wrong with him that we don't know.

For example if LA was brewing a trade for Kovi, I would love it. If you involve the same players that LA is giving up for Vinny and for Kovi. I'd pick Kovi. There is something fishy with Vinny being shopped. Especially after a bad season. This may bite LA HARD if it goes through.

Mike The Franchise 05-30-2009 03:35 PM

that contract is going to haunt us until 2016 don't get me wrong I love Vinny and the way he plays, but in the long run wouldn't this hurt our cap situation because don't forget we have to sign other players like Doughty,Frolov, etc....

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KriticalKing (Post 19739107)
Its not like LA wanted Vinny! Its the fact that Tampa is SHOPPING him around. So maybe there is something wrong with him that we don't know.

For example if LA was brewing a trade for Kovi, I would love it. If you involve the same players that LA is giving up for Vinny and for Kovi. I'd pick Kovi. There is something fishy with Vinny being shopped. Especially after a bad season. This may bite LA HARD if it goes through.

The reason he is being shopped is because his NMC starts in about a month. If he did not have a NMC clause about to kick in I have no doubt that the trade would not even be considered. It has nothing to do with Tampa trying to trick another GM into taking a bad player with a bad contract.

You probably were not a fan at the time....but did you think there was something wrong with Gretzky when the Oilers were shopping him 20 years ago?

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist (Post 19739118)
that contract is going to haunt us until 2016 don't get me wrong I love Vinny and the way he plays, but in the long run wouldn't this hurt our cap situation because don't forget we have to sign other players like Doughty,Frolov, etc....

When a team barely makes the salary floor they have more concerns than having the cap space to keep their players. Detroit and Pittsburgh (both in the Finals) both have players making about the same (or more) than Lecavalier and they still have enough money and cap space to keep their other players.

KriticalKing* 05-30-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19739152)
The reason he is being shopped is because his NMC starts in about a month. If he did not have a NMC clause about to kick in I have no doubt that the trade would not even be considered. It has nothing to do with Tampa trying to trick another GM into taking a bad player with a bad contract.

You probably were not a fan at the time....but did you think there was something wrong with Gretzky when the Oilers were shopping him 20 years ago?

I'll save it for the conspiracy theorists but rumor had it that the NHL was behind that trade and forced Edmonton to trade Gretzky in order to make hockey popular in the US...and it worked!

DeeMeck 05-30-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ron (Post 19738872)
Actually he was right about the Roenick trade about 4 years ago.

It is not like he is going out on a limb on this one....he is just echoing what has been talked about from numerous sources over the past few weeks.

Hopefully it turns out different.

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KriticalKing (Post 19739203)
I'll save it for the conspiracy theorists but rumor had it that the NHL was behind that trade and forced Edmonton to trade Gretzky in order to make hockey popular in the US...and it worked!

OK.....:help:

DeeMeck 05-30-2009 03:55 PM

When is the trade freeze lifted?

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 19739325)
When is the trade freeze lifted?

It already is.......but most teams wait until after the finals are over to finalize trades....out of respect for the teams in the finals.

nki 05-30-2009 05:32 PM

I think a lot of people will be let down this summer (and not just about Vinny).

Captain Ron 05-30-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nki (Post 19740026)
I think a lot of people will be let down this summer (and not just about Vinny).

And how would that would be different from any other year?:dunno:

Fat Elvis 05-30-2009 05:43 PM

Who are the names mentioned in this deal for Vinny besides JJ?

LombardiTool 05-30-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 19740104)
Who are the names mentioned in this deal for Vinny besides JJ?

Depends on who you ask. Ask a Kings fan it is Purcell, Boyle and Moller. Ask a Lightning fan and it is Kopitar, Doughty, and Brown.

My best guess is that Frolov would be part of the package.

redcard 05-30-2009 05:51 PM

If vinny brings home a cup, i can live with his enormous cap hit in the closing years of his contract.

DIEHARD the King fan 05-30-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Ditto. Of all the times I might have a gripe about DL's judgment, THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM.

Finally, a possible blockbuster deal that immediately improves the team, and the yeahsayers (as opposed to those of us who have been branded naysayers) all seem downcast. Ah, the ironies of life, and hockey, are wonderful at times. In VL I Trust!!!