HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is anyone else tired of seeing Ribeiro sprawled ou ton the ice?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65178)

fufonzo 03-26-2004 09:32 AM

Is anyone else tired of seeing Ribeiro sprawled ou ton the ice??

I know I'll probably get into some trouble with big Ribeiro fans but....

I like Ribs and think he will possibly be our best player in the near future. But honestly, what's with the staying down on the ice after a little hit or a high stick?? You know he's not really that hurt cuz he's back out for his next shift. I think it's an embarassement for the whole team and the whistle blows when our team has possession of the puck thus ruining a possible scoring chance. When a player stays on the ground, it should be because he's unable to skate back to his bench alone. C'mon Ribs, toughen up! This isn't ringette. :rolly:

Beatnik 03-26-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo
I know I'll probably get into some trouble with big Ribeiro fans but....

I like Ribs and think he will possibly be our best player in the near future. But honestly, what's with the staying down on the ice after a little hit or a high stick?? You know he's not really that hurt cuz he's back out for his next shift. I think it's an embarassement for the whole team and the whistle blows when our team has possession of the puck thus ruining a possible scoring chance. When a player stays on the ground, it should be because he's unable to skate back to his bench alone. C'mon Ribs, toughen up! This isn't ringette. :rolly:

Every players goes down when they receive a stick in the face. His game bring the opponent to cheat and take numberous penality on him. I see it as a good thing,

It's not like if he was staying on the ice after the wristle just to receive applauses but when the "agression" is made they have to go down or there will be no penality.

Darz 03-26-2004 09:59 AM

I, personally, don't see it as a problem yet. Everytime he has been on the ice that I remember, it was a legit reason. Again, every player who gets highsticked hits the ice.

Until it gets close to the Claude Lemieux level, I'm not too worry.

HabsoluteFate 03-26-2004 10:27 AM

Give the guy a break read the interview where he mentions last night's incident...(something to do with his neck) i think he reacted correctly in this case and i dont think i've ever seen him stay down on purpose

ChemiseBleuHonnete 03-26-2004 10:47 AM

I'm not a huge Ribs fan but he's a very smart player, the little things he does are always logic and good for the team. The only thing is that he takes too much time to go back at the bench after his shifts.

HABitude 03-26-2004 05:44 PM

I'm not a Ribeiro fan either but I'm getting bored of these useless thread just because X or Y player had a bad night. I'm bored of “so called hockey experts” who thinks they are smarter than Julien or Gainey. Maybe I should use the ignore button ...

mcphee 03-26-2004 06:11 PM

The guy goes down once and you're tired of it. I think I better go watch decorating shows with my wife, I'm getting crabby.

fufonzo 03-26-2004 07:45 PM

Well i guess the answer is "NO", eh.
But just to clear things up. I do not dislike Ribeiro and am in no way saying he's a bad player and should face consequences of any sort. It's just that in a game where players get shots in the foot and limp off and break their arms and still struggle off the ice, a pet peave of mine is players that stay on the ice when they're not hurt that badly.
And I can't seem to find which game it was (i think it was vs NJ :dunno: ) but wasn't he hurt on the ice twice? Once was for a highstick and he threw his gloves in the air and dropped to the ground as if he got both his eyescut open?
All I'm saying is that if you can get off the ice without anyone's help, you should.

Keep up the good work boys! We can make it to the cup!! I BELIEVE!

BJCOLLINS 03-26-2004 08:30 PM

Ribs needs a full meal deal, 1/4 pounder, Big mac & fries, Subs, Pizza anything to put weight some on. That is part of his problem, he looks like he is exhausted at the end of each period because all these NHL guys are leaning on his tiny little frame...