HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Sharks Fantasy Football League (H2H) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=651790)

Shape 06-16-2009 07:43 PM

Sharks Fantasy Football League (H2H)

Clicky

League ID - 114888
PW - niners

It's bit early, but hell, registration is open and I'm bored at work.

ONLY ACTIVE MANAGERS PLZ.

Like baseball, there will be a max of 14 teams.

We can discuss what kind of stat categories, roster positions, draft date, divisions, ect, while gearing up for the fantasy season.

So, lets' fill this sum***** up!

TEAMS:

Shape - The Pig Kings
SharksAddict - Fudge Packers
TrappedInFullerton - Knights Who Say Ni
TheGooooch - Josh&Kate+8
209 - Osi and his Minions
Nemesis - Sebben & Sebben
CrazedZooChimp - Mighty Meese
Casey the Sharks Fan - 48ers
Murderin Murphy - =( Raiders
7150 - Suckville
YouJustGotPavelskied - Al Davis's Senility
osgoodshlatters - A.Smith for DL
Melo - Suck my vick
cjod86 - The-best Of-the-rest

Rickety Cricket 06-16-2009 07:44 PM

niners eh?

Shape 06-16-2009 07:46 PM

Yep. :D

SharksAddict 06-16-2009 07:48 PM

I'm in as "Fudge Packers".

Hopefully I'll do as well as I am in the baseball league.

TrappedInFullerton 06-16-2009 08:18 PM

I'm in. Team Name: Knights Who Say Ni

TheGooooch 06-16-2009 08:21 PM

My name for the moment is ThisGoooch BareAssed

The Nemesis 06-16-2009 08:23 PM

I'm gonna have to think this over. I know I said the same thing about baseball, but my football knowledge for fantasy purposes is very limited.

Shape 06-16-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19944781)
I'm gonna have to think this over. I know I said the same thing about baseball, but my football knowledge for fantasy purposes is very limited.

Come on, Nem, you said the same thing about basketball too. I'd say you have carried yourself well in both. :D

Football, imo, is the funnest fantasy game. You have quite a while to do some homework too. Yahoo! will have articles up almost daily on drafting and getting people ready for the season. You'll be fine.

Plus, it's not as demanding as Baseball or Basketball(daily games).

TrappedInFullerton 06-16-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 19946742)
Come on, Nem, you said the same thing about basketball too. I'd say you have carried yourself well in both. :D

Football, imo, is the funnest fantasy game. You have quite a while to do some homework too. Yahoo! will have articles up almost daily on drafting and getting people ready for the season. You'll be fine.

Plus, it's not as demanding as Baseball or Basketball(daily games).

Yeah, only once a week do you really have to pay attention to it, compared to Hockey and such which is an every day thing.

209 06-16-2009 11:36 PM

Osi and his Minions are read to take down all QB's

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 12:58 AM

Ok fine, you twisted my arm. The Rosenhaus All-Stars will be ready to go.

Next question.

TheGooooch 06-17-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19948152)
Ok fine, you twisted my arm. The Rosenhaus All-Stars will be ready to go.

Next question.

You can pick everyone from the Toronto Bills

CrazedZooChimp 06-17-2009 01:07 AM

Woo, I was just talking to a buddy today about how I couldn't wait for fantasy football (and real football) to get started. Looks like my wish has come true, I'm in as the Mighty Meese!

CrazedZooChimp 06-17-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrappedInFullerton (Post 19946882)
Yeah, only once a week do you really have to pay attention to it, compared to Hockey and such which is an every day thing.

Yeah, I always had a hard time staying on top of other fantasy sports, but football is so much easier to get into because of the once a week games, and just because there's so much more info out there for it.

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19948223)
You can pick everyone from the Toronto Bills

If you're referring to my penchant for taking Raptors in basketball and Jays in baseball, it's not a toronto thing, it's the fact that it's the team I know best. I'm not a Bills fan.

TheGooooch 06-17-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19948362)
If you're referring to my penchant for taking Raptors in basketball and Jays in baseball, it's not a toronto thing, it's the fact that it's the team I know best. I'm not a Bills fan.

haha, that is exactly what it was. Except I wasn't quite aware of the Raptors in fantasy but knew that you were a fan. Who is your football team if you have one (real American football, not some league with 2 teams who share the same name :sarcasm:)?

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19948398)
haha, that is exactly what it was. Except I wasn't quite aware of the Raptors in fantasy but knew that you were a fan. Who is your football team if you have one (real American football, not some league with 2 teams who share the same name :sarcasm:)?

That hasn't been true for like 12+ years. And the names were technically different. Saskatchewan wrote Roughriders as one word, Ottawa had Rough Riders as two words. and then they folded. And don't knock the CFL, it's entertaining so long as you're willing to embrace the differences between it and the NFL.

and I'm a seahawks fan. It's in my sig if you look hard enough.

TheGooooch 06-17-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19948631)
That hasn't been true for like 12+ years. And the names were technically different. Saskatchewan wrote Roughriders as one word, Ottawa had Rough Riders as two words. and then they folded. And don't knock the CFL, it's entertaining so long as you're willing to embrace the differences between it and the NFL.

oh really? Well, obviously that is how much I keep up with the CFL. I thought that it was just always like that. I am sure it is entertaining, just like to give it a little shot every now and then

I don't see a sig. Does the blank spot mean something to Seahawks fans?

Edit: even my sig is gone right now. Did you do something to my account for making fun of the CFL? :sarcasm:

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 19948665)
oh really? Well, obviously that is how much I keep up with the CFL. I thought that it was just always like that. I am sure it is entertaining, just like to give it a little shot every now and then

I don't see a sig. Does the blank spot mean something to Seahawks fans?

Sig only shows up once per page:

http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=2478...ine=1241041043

TheGooooch 06-17-2009 01:56 AM

Yeah, had I seen that I would have noticed it. Seattle is quite crazy about their Seahawks. I was there for the 2 weeks before their last superbowl appearance. They did not like that I was a 49ers fan.

I didn't realize that the sig only shows up once per page, that is good to know

Rickety Cricket 06-17-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19948631)

http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy (Post 19948718)

well, if you're in the Bay Area it pretty much means you're either a Niners or a Raiders fan. Is either of those really a better alternative?:sarcasm:

Rickety Cricket 06-17-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 19948779)
well, if you're in the Bay Area it pretty much means you're either a Niners or a Raiders fan. Is either of those really a better alternative?:sarcasm:

Last season, yes :p:

The Nemesis 06-17-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy (Post 19948889)
Last season, yes :p:

At least my team has a future that doesn't depend on the owner dying for things to get better. How many Raiders fans can say that?

Casey the Sharks Fan 06-17-2009 03:11 AM

Alright guys I'm totally in and ready to kick some butt!! I actually love how early you have started the league reminds me how much I truly love the football season. Good luck to all who are involved in this league. I didn't know how quickly this league would fill so I filled out my info as quickly as I could so my interim name for now is the 48ers but I look to change it to something else before the season starts. =)