HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund says if the Islanders draft Hedman then Tavares to Nashville 95% (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=652348)

Sony Eriksson* 06-18-2009 12:23 PM

says if the Islanders draft Hedman then Tavares to Nashville 95%

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...tor-95/1/21612

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/facepalm.gif

8BostonRocker24 06-18-2009 12:24 PM

For Weber?

Crease 06-18-2009 12:25 PM

That's like saying if Jessica Alba was interested in me, then I'd 100% do her. :help:

Selanne08* 06-18-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crease (Post 19965306)
That's like saying if Jessica Alba was interested in me, then I'd 100% do her. :help:

id be around 130%

TheLeastOfTheBunch 06-18-2009 12:25 PM

That has to be the most random-est rumor of all ****ing time .

Seriously , to Nashville ? Eklund you just fell to a new low

Michael Scofield 06-18-2009 12:26 PM

cool, then he can play with Ovechkin when he moves there

Habsfan18 06-18-2009 12:30 PM

Eklund is soooo ****ing random sometimes :laugh:

This reminds me of 2 random rumors from him 2 years ago.

Ovechkin to Nashville and Malkin to Montreal :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bigjoce 06-18-2009 12:31 PM

Holy crap this guy loves soap operas... just when you think he couldn't come up with crazier stories....

Selanne08* 06-18-2009 12:31 PM

i dont think its completely crazy. maybe nashville is looking for someone to market and spark interest and they do need some young offensive talent. they are loaded at d.

The Brazen Head 06-18-2009 12:32 PM

No wonder he stays anonymous. :laugh:

AC Le Rock 06-18-2009 12:34 PM

Well I'm not going to say Eklund is always right but the guy makes sense of his rumors. You say random? It's the needs of both teams and it makes sense. If you're the Lightning and you have Tavares and Toronto is offering you Kaberle and/or Kubina and/or picks/prospects then you have Nashville offering Weber or Suter and/or picks/prospects, what would you do?!

Eklunds "rumored deal" makes sense, GASP!

Rschmitz 06-18-2009 12:43 PM

Pretty sure we would just select Tavares

Disgruntled 06-18-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch (Post 19965315)
That has to be the most random-est rumor of all ****ing time .

Seriously , to Nashville ? Eklund you just fell to a new low

Not random at all. Nashville has Suter and Weber, both excellent defensemen, but don't have much firepower up front. The Lightning desperately want an elite d-man. Put those together and what do you get? An Eklund rumor (that I personally think has legs).

Mr Underhill 06-18-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC (Post 19965620)
Pretty sure we would just select Tavares

No we dont....

We take Weber in a heart beat. And we think about Suter.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-18-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

However, and this is a direct quotes from a Nashville source..."If you are in the Nashville situation, with all the young d-men in the system, the need for Pizzazz, and the fact you get Johnny T at rookie money for three years....you consider it with every bone in your body...."
Eklund's Nashville source is either a flagrant moron, or Mark Howard. Or possibly both.

NONE of Nashville's defense prospects are going to be able to provide the impact that Weber and Suter provide. NONE of them. Blum might be at Suter's level in three years, but not now. We are running thin on defense prospects as it is and absolutely CANNOT afford to give up Weber and/or Suter for Tavares because it handcuffs our defensive depth. I am totally, absolutely, completely and utterly against the notion of this trade.

Besides that, it's my personal opinion that Tavares should go somewhere where he can play center, because it's his natural position. That place is not Nashville.

AC Le Rock 06-18-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 19965817)
Eklund's Nashville source is either a flagrant moron, or Mark Howard. Or possibly both.

NONE of Nashville's defense prospects are going to be able to provide the impact that Weber and Suter provide. NONE of them. Blum might be at Suter's level in three years, but not now. We are running thin on defense prospects as it is and absolutely CANNOT afford to give up Weber and/or Suter for Tavares because it handcuffs our defensive depth. I am totally, absolutely, completely and utterly against the notion of this trade.

Besides that, it's my personal opinion that Tavares should go somewhere where he can play center, because it's his natural position. That place is not Nashville.

Wait what? who are you?? a...hockey fan...of the Predators? From Kentucky?! Blasphemy! such things don't exist.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-18-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC Le Rock (Post 19965893)
Wait what? who are you?? a...hockey fan...of the Predators? From Kentucky?! Blasphemy! such things don't exist.

Kentucky is the last place I want to be, trust me, but there are hockey fans there. I saw a Coyotes jersey on campus during finals week.

I'm really passionate about this matter. If Eklund's intent is to be inflammatory, it definitely worked. I would smack Poile upside the head if he did something like this, and then I would slap Paul Fenton for talking him into something so out-of-character. There are much less risky, less costly ways to improve our attack.

DL44 06-18-2009 01:04 PM

I like the possibility of this rumor.

Altho i still think the Isles are set on Tavares making this all moot.

The scenario makes logical sense at least but with too many what if's.
It would be a nice shake up if it went down... (i love trades).

AC Le Rock 06-18-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 19965925)
Kentucky is the last place I want to be, trust me, but there are hockey fans there. I saw a Coyotes jersey on campus during finals week.

Probably just a fan of the Hamilton Coyotes would be my guess.

danishh 06-18-2009 01:07 PM

i think this would be great. More high-powered offense to the west, gives nashville a face for the franchise.

Dont know if it's true, but i'd love to see it happen. I think weber is worth more than tavares, but i wonder what nashville would offer on top of Suter to make this happen. Maybe tampa can convince radulov to come back to play in the sun, and someone like franson could be included as well. Nashville's 1st would probably be there too. Sounds like a mini lindros deal to me.

Salvage21 06-18-2009 01:11 PM

Just because it's Eklund doesn't mean that the possibility of this is so absurd. It makes a lot of sense because each team trades from their strengths. I doubt Tampa would get Weber, but I mean, Sutter and the 11th+ would be a great deal and Nashville would obviously get a top line center to help their offensive woes.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-18-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 19965985)
i think this would be great. More high-powered offense to the west, gives nashville a face for the franchise.

We have one. His name is Shea Weber.

seadawg 06-18-2009 01:15 PM

None of this matters anyway because the Islanders are not picking Hedman.

And on another note, I find it funny that people like Eklund still say that Nashville has an abundance of depth on defense. Sure, they have tons of prospects, but with losing Timonen and Zidlicky in recent years and with Koistinen likely signing elsewhere as a UFA, the depth of their NHL-ready dmen is not what it used to be. I seriously don't know why they would want to trade either Suter or Weber.

FutureGM97 06-18-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DL44 (Post 19965934)
I like the possibility of this rumor.

Altho i still think the Isles are set on Tavares making this all moot.

The scenario makes logical sense at least but with too many what if's.
It would be a nice shake up if it went down... (i love trades).

The fact Eklund just said it means that there is no chance that this will happen...not that there was any chance before.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-18-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadawg (Post 19966116)
None of this matters anyway because the Islanders are not picking Hedman.

And on another note, I find it funny that people like Eklund still say that Nashville has an abundance of depth on defense. Sure, they have tons of prospects, but with losing Timonen and Zidlicky in recent years and with Koistinen likely signing elsewhere as a UFA, the depth of their NHL-ready dmen is not what it used to be. I seriously don't know why they would want to trade either Suter or Weber.

Good post, spot-on, but I had to point out the oxymoron in there.