HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Souray,Penner or Nilsson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=652772)

ExOilerFan 06-19-2009 04:02 PM

Souray,Penner or Nilsson

Does anyone know what the value of Souray, Penner or Nilsson is if the oilers traded one of them for a draft pick or two? thanks

Jwm1986 06-19-2009 04:16 PM

Souray could probably fetch a mid to late 1st rounder and a decent prospect.. i have no idea the value Penner has... not much at this point i would think..Nilsson is hard for me to gauge as well

IslesFTW 06-19-2009 04:21 PM

Nilsson: maybe a late 3rd rounder...maybe
Penner: ?
Souray: like the above poster said above me...mid-late first rounder, and a prospect. I'd have no problem if the Isles offered the 26th, maybe the Boston second, and a project prospect for him.

Beukeboom Fan 06-19-2009 04:23 PM

IMO:

Souray: mid-late 1st & prospect/suspect
Great shot from point, OK defense, OK value for contract, durability issues

Penner: negative value
3 Years left on contract & significantly overpaid, attitude & conditioning issues

Nilsson: marginal value (mid-late round DP or suspect)
Soft streaky player that needs to play on a scoring line to be effective, but not skilled enough to justify the icetime for what he brings to the table. Value is saved that I think he only makes about $1.3M.

ExOilerFan 06-19-2009 04:52 PM

How far could the Oilers move up in the draft if they traded Souray and their 10th overall pick?

Darth Milbury 06-19-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemster83 (Post 19982519)
How far could the Oilers move up in the draft if they traded Souray and their 10th overall pick?

To answer that question, take a look at the 1-9 teams and ask youself which would be interested in a deal like that.

Isles, Tampa, Col - for obvious reasons, not doable.
Atlanta- Rebuilding team is not going to gut their future for Souray.
LA - Already loaded with good young dmen. Not going to pass up a shot at Schenn or Kane.
PHX - Too many money concerns as is, and already have Jovocop.
Tor - Rebuilding, and already has similar players.
Dallas - I doubt it, they want to get younger and keep their cap free.
Sens - maybe, but is a move of only one spot going to be of any interest?

So, your answer is, that Souray isn't going to get you any kind of a move up.

EndlessNameless9319 06-19-2009 05:01 PM

Sabres will give you the rights to Clarke MacArthur, and Jochen Hecht + a 3rd for Penner...

JorgeRocks! 06-19-2009 06:50 PM

Puck bag for Penner?

oilersfan87 06-19-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresKings2611 (Post 19982639)
Sabres will give you the rights to Clarke MacArthur, and Jochen Hecht + a 3rd for Penner...

I'd do that easily.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 06-19-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Edmonton would choke of laughter and gilt if Buffalo would offer them that package for someone they're trying to dump !!!

Beerfish 06-19-2009 07:21 PM

Penner isn't nearly as bad as people think though his contract is. It's tough to get value for certain players when the brain dead coach openly bad mouths them at each and every opportunity.

Penner was a plus player, scored as many goals as Horcoff in about half the time, had a reasonable number of hits and scored 5 game winning goals. (And I was a critic of getting him in the 1st place.)

Penner can be a very useful player in the right situation and with the right coach. He is over paid no doubt about it but he is far from the total dud some people think he is.

Nilsson is worth very little on his own, might be a throw in in a trade.

Souray had a tremendous year last year. He instantly makes a teams pp much better. He was a better defensive d man than I thought and he has grit. I think the mid 1st round part is right from peoples analysis but he should also bring a good prospect no a mid prospect.

crazyforhockey 06-19-2009 10:40 PM

Pennner is worth a 1st round pick.

1st and penner just to take him off your hands.

nyrtrublue 06-20-2009 04:45 PM

i would love to see souray on broadway, rangers powerplay is atrocious and there will be a handful of d spots open right now and makes girardi or rozsival (redden if anyone would take him) expendable to get a foward that could net some especially if antro is leaving

Roof Daddy 06-20-2009 05:04 PM

I really don't see Souray agreeing to a trade that sends him anywhere but the Pacific Division. I'll agree with Darth that LA won't move their pick, but I wouldn't count Dallas out. Their D going into next year is brutal, and Souray would fill numerous roles (leadership, toughness, PP triggerman). They have a good mix of forwards, many very young (Neal, Brunnstrom, Erikkson) as well as a blue chip prospect who could make the jump this year or next (Benn). No Dman they could get at 8 would (conceivably) be ready for at least 2-3 years, and F seems solid where there may not be room in the top 6 right away either. However, trading an asset for a Dman vs UFA signing is what it will come down to. JBo there seems unlikely, but I could see Ohlund ending up there (better D than Souray, but not the same offence and will likely cost the same). All depends what Nieuwendyk sees as the most blatant need.

Penner - value is greater to the Oilers (for at least one more year) than what they'd get.

Nilsson - a team devoid of skill would gladly give up a 3rd rder (I would think). Nashville sounds like that team to me.

The Dayvan Cowboy 06-20-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 19992477)

Nilsson - a team devoid of skill would gladly give up a 3rd rder (I would think). Nashville sounds like that team to me.

Could Robert be moved to a certain Florida based team for the rights to a certain defender that some fans in Edmonton may have interest in? Or is that not enough?

Homesick 06-21-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

I might do that in November. MacTavish didnt like Penner from the start, so it will be interesting to see what two(maybe 3) experienced coaches can get out of him