HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Washington - Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=652960)

GossomeRwing 06-20-2009 08:28 AM

Washington - Nashville

Washington trades Fleischmann, Pothier and Andrew Gordon to Nashville for Hamhuis

Nashville needs some help in the scoring Department
Washington needs some help on the blueline

Pothier is a good skater capable of playing the role of the 3-6 D-man just not solid enough for top line duty and he doesn't play a physical game.

AK 06-20-2009 08:32 AM

I don't know if Nasvhille does it.

Quantity doesn't always equal quality.

Trebek 06-20-2009 09:13 AM

Please put the names of the teams involved in your trade in the title next time.

HockeyThoughts 06-20-2009 09:32 AM

Fleischmann would look great on Nashville, but not enough for Hamhuis.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 06-20-2009 09:33 AM

nashville could get a better offer than that for hamhuis

BTD5504 06-20-2009 10:19 AM

i would like hamhuis, and i think this trade is somewhat close.

fleischmann is a 20 goal guy with 30 goal ability (if healthy) and he is only making $750,000 this year. Pothier showed he is fully healed from his concussion and i think he'd fit in nicely with Nashville.

it may take a bit more to get hamhuis though.

brs03 06-20-2009 10:22 AM

I've always wondered if a Fleischmann++ for Hamhuis deal could go down. I don't think Pothier and Gordon are the right +'s, though.

What would be a good addition?

SLAPSHOT723 06-20-2009 10:35 AM

Change Gordon to Fehr IMO and it's closer.

CapsWolverinesUSA 06-20-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 19988581)
Change Gordon to Fehr IMO and it's closer.

I don't think that would be a problem from Washington's perspective, though I would think we might also need to throw in a draft pick to get this deal done.

brs03 06-20-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA (Post 19988661)
I don't think that would be a problem from Washington's perspective, though I would think we might also need to throw in a draft pick to get this deal done.

Eh... I don't think they really can trade both Flash and Fehr. Who else are they going to have as cheap top-6 options? Osala's not likely ready for the jump, same for Bouchard, and Bourque probably needs to be eased in.

I could see them throwing in someone like Bouchard or even Osala if they really wanted to make a deal happen. I don't think trading both Fehr and Flash is realistic if there's no forwards coming back (unless they already have solid plans to fill out the forward depth).

Predsrule 06-20-2009 11:51 AM

Fleischmann for a center I kinda like...

Fleischmann+David Steckel+ Oskar Osala
FOR
Dan Hamhuis +3rd ?

AK 06-20-2009 12:18 PM

Maybe Steckel, Fleischmann, 3rd?

BTD5504 06-20-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 19989544)
Maybe Steckel, Fleischmann, 3rd?

i really don't like giving up Steckel. he's a hell of a faceoff guy, very strong on the PK, and showed a bit of offensive ability in the playoffs.

Yannick8* 06-20-2009 01:14 PM

I think a defenseman would have to go Nashville way if a deal is done for Hamhuis because the Caps already have too much defensemen for next year.
Probably one of Pothier, Morrison or Schultz(please take him)...

txpd 06-20-2009 01:53 PM

Is Dan Hamhuis really the one defenseman addition that the Caps need? The Caps have very little stanley cup experience in their current defense corp. They have only Tom Poti and Brian Pothier over 30 years of age.

Hamhuis in place of Morrisonn may be a step forward piece to piece, but the improvement is on the margin and does nothing to address the Capitals lack of experience both overall and in the playoffs.

This is not the right player.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-20-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 19990683)
Is Dan Hamhuis really the one defenseman addition that the Caps need? The Caps have very little stanley cup experience in their current defense corp. They have only Tom Poti and Brian Pothier over 30 years of age.

Hamhuis in place of Morrisonn may be a step forward piece to piece, but the improvement is on the margin and does nothing to address the Capitals lack of experience both overall and in the playoffs.

We'll trade you the rights to Greg De Vries for a 6th round pick. ;)

piere McGuire* 06-20-2009 03:18 PM

who said nashville is going to trade hamhuis? Caps need to go after a goalie.

AK 06-20-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcwortzman (Post 19991651)
who said nashville is going to trade hamhuis? Caps need to go after a goalie.

Varlamov and Neuvirth are both very good goaltending prospects.

No need for them to look out of house at this point.

Alex28* 06-20-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 19990683)

Way to brutally underrate Hamhius.

Strange how one of the youngest teams in the league won the SC this year, and an even younger one went to the Western Conference finals.

Getting random old people won't magically make us a contender. Getting better defensively will.

Backstrom #19 06-20-2009 04:33 PM

Flash, Lepisto, 2nd

for

Hamhuis, Zanon's rights

Soundgarden 06-20-2009 05:53 PM

I wouldn't mind any of these proposals.

CapitalsCupFantasy 06-20-2009 05:58 PM

I guess it depends on where Flash would fit into the Preds lineup....looks like he's top 6 easily, but I don't follow the Preds close enough to be sure.

Hamhuis looks steady, if unspectacular. TXPD made a good point....Caps really need someone with Hamhuis' skills and about 50-75 playoff games of success/experience.

Jovavic 06-20-2009 06:00 PM

Steckel to the Preds makes a lot of sense, he is someone that personifies that organization, IMO, hard working, nose-to-the-grindstone, crash and bang, all that. There is some potential between these two teams to get something down with the players involved.

CapitalsCupFantasy 06-20-2009 06:08 PM

Steckel would be tough to pry away after a great playoff run. Caps need to add players with that grit, not lose them.

Stecks is a playoff warrior.

Stu Macher 06-20-2009 10:16 PM

I'd love to have Hamhuis on the Caps. I think he could be great as Greens partner.

Fleischmann/Fehr, Lepisto, 2nd would be a good deal, in my mind. Hamhuis is a UFA after this next season, right?