HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bos/Van (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=653027)

Ched Brosky 06-20-2009 02:56 PM

Bos/Van

Looking at Boston's situation they are currently just under 50.500M in salary that counts against the cap and need to add 2 top 9 fowards, a top 4 dman and a backup goalie.

I was thinking that the Nucks and Bruins could pull off a deak that looks something like:

To Bos:
Raymond
Grabner
Rights to Hansen (RFA)
Rights to Ohlund
Rights to Sanford
1st round pick in 09 (22 overall)

To Van:
Rights to Kessel (RFA)
Kobasew

Vancouver gets themselves a young improving top line foward that they need and a good top 9 winger thrown in as a salary dump so Boston has enough cap room to sign Ohlund.

Boston gets 3 young speedy top 9 fowards. 2 who have enough potential to become very good 2nd line wingers, the 3rd could maybe become an a 2nd line winger but is likely to be a very good 3rd line winger. All make less than 1M each!
They also get the rights to an aging top 4 dman, and a capable backup goalie as well as a late 1st round pick

I think Van maybe needs to add more but how off is the value?

thefeebster 06-20-2009 02:58 PM

From Vancouver's perspective, i seriously hope this is a joke. And the notion of the Canucks adding more?? Think about this some more.

Joey Moss 06-20-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefeebster (Post 19990731)
From Vancouver's perspective, i seriously hope this is a joke. And the notion of the Canucks adding more?? Think about this some more.

:facepalm:

Ohlund and Sanford aren't re-signing in VAN anyways, so that is worth nothing to them, Raymond, Grabner and a 1st for Kessel is a joke for Boston. They could get two 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder from an offer sheet and it would still be worth more.

Please 06-20-2009 03:01 PM

Haha wow, I dont even feel like it, I let the Vancouver fans rip this apart

Edit: haha ok you just changed the proposal?

Ched Brosky 06-20-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefeebster (Post 19990731)

Well with the rumored deal that Kessel's rights may bring back the 3rd overall pick in this years draft shows that he is worth alot.

Also Sanford, and Ohlunds rights mean nothing to Vancouver as both will not be brought back.

I dont know about you but I would be all for a deal that really only costs Vancouver Raymond, Grabner, the 22nd overall pick and RFA rights of Hansen for the RFA rights of Kessel and Kobasew

BTW I am a Nucks fan

Ched Brosky 06-20-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylzzz (Post 19990761)
Haha wow, I dont even feel like it, I let the Vancouver fans rip this apart

Edit: haha ok you just changed the proposal?

I changed it because Ohlund is going to want around 4.5M and Boston wont be able to give him that without moving another salary for a lower salary player who can play his role. Hence the minor addition of the rights to RFA Hansen for Kobasew added in

evgeni71 06-20-2009 03:09 PM

Done deal.

Please 06-20-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 19990856)
I changed it because Ohlund is going to want around 4.5M and Boston wont be able to give him that without moving another salary for a lower salary player who can play his role. Hence the minor addition of the rights to RFA Hansen for Kobasew added in

Yeah good call definitely made it a much better deal.

BadBruins 06-20-2009 03:14 PM

The rights to Ohlund and Sanford are pretty much pointless. The Bruins probably aren't interested in Ohlund and have no need for Sanford. It's pretty much:

Raymond
Grabner
Hanson
22nd Overall

for

Kessel
Kobasew

This just doesn't fill any immediate need from the Bruins perspective. Chiarelli wants to shape this current team into a contender, not rebuild.

Dado 06-20-2009 03:19 PM

Assuming there is no reason to believe Kessel is looking for retardo-dollars, this is a defensible deal from Vancouver's perspective. Giving up a whole lot of loose ends and an iffy first round pick for two top-9 guys.

But I'm not real clear on why Boston would do this...

Ched Brosky 06-20-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dado (Post 19990988)
Assuming there is no reason to believe Kessel is looking for retardo-dollars, this is a defensible deal from Vancouver's perspective. Giving up a whole lot of loose ends and an iffy first round pick for two top-9 guys.

But I'm not real clear on why Boston would do this...

Exactly re-sign the Sedins to a 6 year deal for aroudn 5.75M
Sign Kessel for around 4M and for as long as possible
Re-sign O'Brien between around 1.5M each

Now the team is

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Demitra Kessel Kesler
Kobasew Hodgson Bernier
Hordichuk Johnson Rypien

Edler Salo
Mitchell Bieksa
UFA O'Brien

Luongo
Schneider

Cap Hit of about: 52M

That foward lineup looks a hell of alot better now and for the future than the lineup teh Nucks had this past season. with about 3M left over to sign a dman we could get a very servicable guy who could be a #4 dman but plays a #5 role

Frankie Spankie 06-20-2009 04:12 PM

Bruins need to sign 2 top 9 forwards, a top 4 d-man, and a backup goalie?

Here are the lines as of right now:

Lucic-Savard-________(Kessel not yet signed)
Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder
Sturm-Bergeron-Kobasew

At least that's our top 9 right now and Kessel hasn't been resigned. Recchi has also shown his interest in resigning in Boston so if Kessel goes, Recchi could easily be signed for cheap and hop in the top 9. So no, Boston really doesn't need a top 9 forward, never mind 2.

Defenseman, I'll admit, Boston could use another top 4 d-man but trading for rights to Ohlund seems kind of pointless since he'll just be a free agent come July 1 anyway.

And backup goalie? Let me introduce you to prospect Tuukka Rask, Boston stole him from Toronto and he's ready to start playing in the NHL.

piere McGuire* 06-20-2009 04:12 PM

i cant stanr these kessel rumors

thefeebster 06-20-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 19990760)
:facepalm:

Ohlund and Sanford aren't re-signing in VAN anyways, so that is worth nothing to them, Raymond, Grabner and a 1st for Kessel is a joke for Boston. They could get two 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder from an offer sheet and it would still be worth more.

Yes, b/c offer sheets are such accurate measures of a players value. Its over payment to say the least, in every situation it is used. Any sane Gm would not be giving two 1sts, one 2nd, one 3rd as well as overpaying on salary.

I just didn't like that we were giving so much of our future up for a single player, albeit a young and promising one. But i do understand that the young players were intended to help Boston keep their salary cap down and i like the second proposal much better than the first, partly because of the balance and we get back a good replacement for raymond on the third line.

And i too don't really see the value of this trade for Boston... seems like they are getting a lot back, but may not be what they want in terms of need and cap space.

Joey Moss 06-20-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefeebster (Post 19991623)
Yes, b/c offer sheets are such accurate measures of a players value. Its over payment to say the least, in every situation it is used. Any sane Gm would not be giving two 1sts, one 2nd, one 3rd as well as overpaying on salary.

I just didn't like that we were giving so much of our future up for a single player, albeit a young and promising one. But i do understand that the young players were intended to help Boston keep their salary cap down and i like the second proposal much better than the first, partly because of the balance and we get back a good replacement for raymond on the third line.

And i too don't really see the value of this trade for Boston... seems like they are getting a lot back, but may not be what they want in terms of need and cap space.

The 1st proposal is not even close to overpayment from Vancouver's side.

I guess we'll see during free agency right.. because im willing to bet if Kessel is not signed/traded by July 1st, someone puts an offer sheet of that expense on him.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 06-20-2009 05:11 PM

boston could get more from an offer sheet

Frenzy1 06-20-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 19990710)
To Bos:
Raymond Every Van fan was on his jock at the beginning of the season, but now he is in every trade proposal because he is at best a 3rd liner - which most teams have plenty of - including Boston
Grabner
Rights to Hansen (RFA)
Rights to Ohlund
Rights to Sanford
Bunch of worthless crap - nice way to turn negociating right for players Boston will not likely use into a top line winger.

To Van:
Rights to Kessel (RFA)
Kobasew

Ohlund will cost just as much as Kessel to sign, if not more as a UFA. In all likely hood, they will not be able to resign him. If they want Sanford, they can sign him in the offseason. The 22nd overall but not enough to make up the difference between Kessel and Raymond.

Boston could get a lot of interest in him because, while he is a RFA, he will not likely get a 5 million deal, but more of 3.5 - 4 depending on the number of years. Teams like St. Louis - who has the assets to trade would be interested, and the package would be a heck of a lot better then this junk.

Heaters not lazt* 06-20-2009 05:36 PM

Boston says no.

Ohlund's rights- Worthless
Raymond- DOn't think he'd fit in here/
Grabner- Like him... Not nearly enough
Rights to Hansen- Wouldn't make the line up
Rights to Sanford- Worthless

LordLucic* 06-20-2009 07:49 PM

My opinions have been covered.

Grabner, Raymond, Hansen and the 22nd pick probably wouldn't get the Bruins to trade Kessel. They need a puck moving defensemen not a good/great prospect, a fringe 3rd liner, a guy who wouldn't make the lineup and a lower pick in the first who wouldn't contribute now. Just doesn't make sense to give up 2 top 9 players who contributed 66 goals and 119 points (regular season + playoffs) for a bunch of guys who could help some down the line, especially when they have the core to be a contender now.

Tiranis 06-20-2009 08:02 PM

Out of pure curiosity, is Boston at all interested in Bieksa + something? Not sure if his cap hit would work for you... ?

Bruwinz37 06-20-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 19993462)
Out of pure curiosity, is Boston at all interested in Bieksa + something? Not sure if his cap hit would work for you... ?

I think you will find Bieksa to be a big time favorite on the Bruins board....I am certainly a fan of his. Vancouver would have to add a bit more to make it a fair deal, but yes...I do think Bieksa fills a need for us.

Heaters not lazt* 06-20-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiranis (Post 19993462)

Tough, can pass, has a decent shot... YEs please.

Frankie Spankie 06-20-2009 08:33 PM

YES! Send Bieksa over ASAP please. :) I figure he isn't actually available though.

Tiranis 06-20-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krejci46 (Post 19993742)
YES! Send Bieksa over ASAP please. :) I figure he isn't actually available though.

If it meant getting Kessel, he probably would be. He's the perfext player for us.

JohnHodgson 06-20-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krejci46 (Post 19993742)

Bieksa + Grabner for Kessel and Sturm (Someone proposed on CDC), what you think? We take on your salary and you get a decent defenseman back as well as a good prospect.