HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Rangers-Sens (Heatley) on June 30th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=653267)

NYReign 06-21-2009 12:26 PM

Rangers-Sens (Heatley) on June 30th

Alright, I know before I even say this that the deal is underpayment from the Rangers for Heatley. But if on June 30th the Sens are still committed to moving him and they want to avoid the $4M bonus, would they accept this deal to save some money?

To Rangers:

Heatley

To Senators:

Rozsival (3 yrs, 5M cap hit)
Zherdev (RFA, should be around 3.25-3.5)
Sanguinetti (.855)
First Rounder (I guess in 2010 since this is hypothetically after the draft)

I personally would be fine if that were our 2009 first rounder, but I figure they wouldn't accept that trade on draft day because they might still hold out for a better deal. Any thoughts?

t3hg00se 06-21-2009 12:39 PM

Eh, it's an even/balanced trade because I don't like it.

oilsands 06-21-2009 12:40 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vABIiII4Gl...en-Sather2.JPG

"Lulz, whatz a salery cap? Durrrrrr.
$30 millun for 4 players"

bert 06-21-2009 12:45 PM

No Ottawa takes on way too much Salary, unless Jason Smith and Christoph Schubert are going the other way I dont see this getting done. Rozsival is another number 2/4 d man Ottawa already has several at 5 million its not happening.

Zherdev is leaving for russia his value is nill.

Switch Rozsival for Staal and maybe there is a deal.

barrytrotzsneck 06-21-2009 12:53 PM

Dubinsky or Staal would have to be included in there somewhere. Otherwise this is a first round pick and "stuff we can afford to lose" on the Rangers part.

NYReign 06-21-2009 12:53 PM

Zherdev is staying. Rangers could take Schubert but probably not Smith, too expensive unless we could flip him in another deal

azrok22 06-21-2009 12:55 PM

If LAK really isn't interested, as per their press conference, I'd have to think the market for Heatley has been killed by his negatives.

If the LAK presser was honest, I'm not sure Ottawa is going to do much better than something like this... whether it be from NYR, EDM, or elsewhere.

t3hg00se 06-21-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert (Post 19998566)
No Ottawa takes on way too much Salary, unless Jason Smith and Christoph Schubert are going the other way I dont see this getting done. Rozsival is another number 2/4 d man Ottawa already has several at 5 million its not happening.

Zherdev is leaving for russia his value is nill.

Switch Rozsival for Staal and maybe there is a deal.

:laugh:

Traktor* 06-21-2009 01:17 PM

Horrible deal for the Sens.

bert 06-21-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hg00se (Post 19998733)

Zherdev hates Tortorella. You dont want to give up anything of value for the player with the second most goals in the nhl post lockout fine you dont get him.

t3hg00se 06-21-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert (Post 19999081)
Zherdev hates Tortorella. You dont want to give up anything of value for the player with the second most goals in the nhl post lockout fine you dont get him.

Duponttime* 06-21-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYReign (Post 19998415)
Alright, I know before I even say this that the deal is underpayment from the Rangers for Heatley. But if on June 30th the Sens are still committed to moving him and they want to avoid the $4M bonus, would they accept this deal to save some money?

To Rangers:

Heatley

To Senators:

Rozsival (3 yrs, 5M cap hit)
Zherdev (RFA, should be around 3.25-3.5)
Sanguinetti (.855)
First Rounder (I guess in 2010 since this is hypothetically after the draft)

I personally would be fine if that were our 2009 first rounder, but I figure they wouldn't accept that trade on draft day because they might still hold out for a better deal. Any thoughts?

Deal makes no sense for either team. I'm assuming that Ottawa would want a young center back at the very least. You probably would be looking at Zherdev, Sanguinetti and somebody like Stepan. There will be a team that will overpay for Heatley not realizing that he probably won't duplicate his numbers with other then maybe a couple of teams.

JackBauer 06-21-2009 01:57 PM

so we essentially take on 1.5M in salary. 5M of which is essentially dead-weight.

NYR aren't good trading partners for us, because you can't take on 7.5M in salary without dumping drury, gomez, rozival or redden. we want nothing to do with any of them.

The Amity Affliction 06-21-2009 02:08 PM

Why do people insist on trading for Heatley when Kovalchuk will be available next summer?

I don't want Heatley, Gaborik, or Hossa. The plan should be to dump salary this offseason to save up for Kovalchuk.

Bouwmeester should be the guy the Rangers are going after if anything.

azrok22 06-21-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Why do people insist on trading for Heatley when Kovalchuk will be available next summer?
Why do people insist Kovalchuk is going to be available next summer? He could sign with Atlanta. He could sign with who Atlanta trades him to if he doesn't sign with Atlanta. He could sign with one of the other numerous teams that would be interested if he hits UFA.

Would I prefer Kovalchuk over Heatley or Gaborik or Hossa? Absolutely. Would I refuse to make a fair deal to acquire a first line winger now in hopes that Kovalchuk is available in the future? No.

Forget Kovalchuk, Crosby could be available 3 years after Kovalchuk (4 years from now)!

No! Forget Crosby, Malkin could be 1 year after Crosby (5 years from now)!

No! Forget Malkin, Ovechkin could be available 7 years after Crosby (12 years from now)!

Obviously more extreme, but still demonstrates my point. Ignoring players that are available now for players that might be available in the future leaves you on the outside of the playoffs looking in. There's no guarantee they become available or even want to join your favorite team if they do.

Shaun_W_W 06-21-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 19999249)

I don't want Heatley, Gaborik, or Hossa. The plan should be to dump salary this offseason to save up for Kovalchuk.

Bouwmeester should be the guy the Rangers are going after if anything.

Don't assume that players are destined to play for your team, just ask Montreal fans how well that has worked out for them;)

SpezDispenser 06-21-2009 03:15 PM

Ugly trade. I'd rather take prospects and picks from a Western team and not be saddled with more crappy salary.

salty justice 06-21-2009 03:34 PM

Could you try to screw over the Sens anymore with this deal??

Ceekay 06-21-2009 03:42 PM

I can't imagine Melnyk cares whether or not he pays the 4 million lump sum (not a bonus -- lump sum). He will just want Murray to get the best deal possible. If the Sens don't trade him by the draft, they will certianly wait until post July 1 so that they can get a better offer.

Joey Moss 06-21-2009 03:56 PM

Terrible offer, most other teams could beat it.

And heatley wants to go to the west, NYR will not get him

Homesick 06-21-2009 04:02 PM

Even with LA reportedly not interested in Heatley I'm sure there will be far better offers than this.
Rozsival is an overpaid second pairing defenseman. While he is good; he is definately not worth the 5.0 million cap hit.
Zherdev has made comments in the past that he likes New York and wants to play in the NHL next season. I believe these comments to be true, but I also believe they have a minimum price tag of 4 million per season attached. If the KHL came knocking with a decent contract(we dont know what he turned down earlier from them), I think he would take it not only for the financial end, but also for the chance to finally mend the relationship with the Russian Hockey Federation(and maybe be invited to the Olympics)
Sanguinetti is probably the best asset in the deal. 2010 late 1st...meh

beastly115 06-21-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty justice (Post 20000131)
Could you try to screw over the Sens anymore with this deal??

Sure, we could replace Rozsival with Redden :naughty:

slapshot14phil* 06-21-2009 04:39 PM

Why would we want rosival??

We would only take one of your salary dumps if you give us Henrik.

so like...

Redden/Gomez/Drury and Lundqvist for Heatley

Scrambllllle 06-21-2009 04:56 PM

I'd rather just make Heatley report to camp in September

t3hg00se 06-21-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjon12 (Post 20000785)
Why would we want rosival??

We would only take one of your salary dumps if you give us Henrik.

so like...

Redden/Gomez/Drury and Lundqvist for Heatley

Lundqvist has more value than any player or prospect on the Senators times 2.