HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bos-Chi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=653325)

Blackhawkswincup 06-21-2009 03:26 PM

Bos-Chi

To Hawks
D Adam McQuaid

To Bruins
RW Dan Bertram
Hawks 7th round pick

Bruins gain some prospect depth at RW while Hawks gain defensive prospect depth

Zubrus Coffee Maker 06-21-2009 03:37 PM

wasn't mcquaid among the top ahl defensemen last year

JoeIsAStud 06-21-2009 03:39 PM

I don't think the Bruins do this.

Right now McQuaid is the Bruins top minor league defenseman. They might have people with more upside, but McQuaid is the guy who would be the first player called up from Providence in case of injury, and really he even has a shot to make the Big club to open the season as a #7 defenseman

I think there is a real good change that McQuaid plays 20-40 games in Boston next year as an injury fill in

Heaters not lazt* 06-21-2009 03:40 PM

Why would the Bruins do this?

Bertrams small.... And he sucks. McQuaid is a big, physical D-man with decent offensive potential as well.... But I guess the 7th makes up for the fact that Bertram was sent down to the ECHL and McQuaid outscored him in the AHL.

Frankie Spankie 06-21-2009 03:54 PM

I know Boston doesn't have much prospective depth at the wings but we don't have much at defense either. Trading away a defensive prospect for a winger prospect doesn't really solve anything for us.

LordLucic* 06-21-2009 04:20 PM

Boston ain't trading away any defensive prospects. They may have the worst defensive prospect pool in the NHL. If anything they will be trading for defensive prospects.

Diskothek 06-21-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordLucic (Post 20001161)
Boston ain't trading away any defensive prospects. They may have the worst defensive prospect pool in the NHL. If anything they will be trading for defensive prospects.

^^^ Yep. With Hunwick being promoted to the B's and trading Lashoff, defense is where we need to stockpile now. McQuaid will be staying here.

And if we get rid of Kessel, we're going to need at least a top9 forward. But a replacement would be best. With Kobasew clicking with Bergeron and Ryder clicking with Krejci... if we lose Kessel we'll need to hit the trade market for a 30+ goal scorer which isn't easy to land. I hope Chia gets Kessel signed soon, I'm about to start pulling out hair!

Dr Quincy 06-21-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 20000648)
To Hawks
D Adam McQuaid

To Bruins
RW Dan Bertram
Hawks 7th round pick

Bruins gain some prospect depth at RW while Hawks gain defensive prospect depth

Bruins needs depth at D far more than they do at RW.